Shut Up & Read discussion

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
This topic is about Hostage to Pleasure
Archives > Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12308 comments Mod
Dorian!!

Starting Monday :)

message 2: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 15894 comments Mod
10 chapters/day?

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sounds good.

message 4: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I finally posted on the last one. It took me forever to finish. I hope this one is better.
It should be. Dorian is nummy.

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

So I'm pretty sure I love Dorian so much I want to kill the Psy bitch and claim him for myself. Think that would work as an alternative ending to the story?

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri, your claws are showing. I would have to fight you for him. That will be interesting since I can only use my left arm. Lol

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "Sheri, your claws are showing. I would have to fight you for him. That will be interesting since I can only use my left arm. Lol"

Lol!

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Nov 18, 2013 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

So Henry is coming out to play. He's always been the quiet one - seems like a pushover. All an act?

message 9: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "So Henry is coming out to play. He's always been the quiet one - seems like a pushover. All an act?"

I thought that his wife was controlling him way back when (the comment is somewhere) but it turned out to be the Protocol I. I wonder if maybe being under it made him dislike the dynamics of their relationship?

message 10: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I like Asahya quite a bit. and I can't wait for more of Amara.

We lost power (tornadoes) and it was out for a little over 25 hours, so I'm kinda wiped. I read through the chapters, but I'm not feeling super chatty. But I'll be back tomorrow.

I think this one will be good. :D

Carressed by Ice was my favorite. Then Slave to Sensation, then Visions of Heat and last (very last) Mine to Possess.

I think this one will beat out Slave, but I suppose it is early to call.

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Having no power sucks. Glad you finally got it back. We were without power last summer after some storms for three days.

I'm looking forward to seeing what role Amara plays.

Gwenn (idlecuriosity) Sheri wrote: "So I'm pretty sure I love Dorian so much I want to kill the Psy bitch and claim him for myself. Think that would work as an alternative ending to the story?"

That is freaking adorable. I feel that way about Dev from Shine Foundation.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwenn wrote: "That is freaking adorable. I feel that way about Dev from Shine Foundation."

I'll help you if you help me (you know, hide bodies and what not) :D

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I like that Ashayna is a strong female not loaded down with issues. Although being on Ming's hit list is not a good thing. Dorian super sexy even if he can't shift. Henry is definitely not the push over we thought he was.

message 15: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alyssia, I am glad you are ok.

message 16: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

When I think of the Psy I think of aliens. I picture them living somewhere else...not on earth.

Aarati | 197 comments Gwenn wrote: "Sheri wrote: "So I'm pretty sure I love Dorian so much I want to kill the Psy bitch and claim him for myself. Think that would work as an alternative ending to the story?"

That is freaking adorab..."

It's Hawke for me. I just love the guy.

message 18: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Dev for Gwenn and Dorian for Sheri. I'm not too picky. Hawked for aarati. I'll take Judd, or this new arrow guy, or delicious kaleb.
Conclusion: stoic and dangerous.
Clearly I never grew up. :/

Aarati | 197 comments Alyssia wrote: "Dev for Gwenn and Dorian for Sheri. I'm not too picky. Hawked for aarati. I'll take Judd, or this new arrow guy, or delicious kaleb.
Conclusion: stoic and dangerous.
Clearly I never grew up. :/"

Well, if it's not too much, I'll take Hawke, Lucas, Riley(Ahhh!!! Rileyyyyyyyyyyy), Kaleb and Judd. The latest book is going to be about Vasic, so I'll tske him too. I guess I should put ... since there are too many hot guys in this series and only one of me. It's going to be a little crowded, but I'll manage. ;)

message 20: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I called kaleb, Judd and vasic. Back off ! :P

Aarati | 197 comments Alyssia wrote: "I called kaleb, Judd and vasic. Back off ! :P"

You can take him for one day, I'll take for the next. We can surely compromise. :P

message 22: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) hmmmm.

Ok. rotations. I can work with that.

message 23: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I would like to get in on the rotations.

message 24: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amara is Ashayna's twin. Ming is now using her to get to Ashayna. Henry is getting really active in this one. I like seeing that he is not a robot.

message 25: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) So, I have a thing for evil twins. Just sayin'.

Aarati | 197 comments Leigh wrote: "Amara is Ashayna's twin. Ming is now using her to get to Ashayna. Henry is getting really active in this one. I like seeing that he is not a robot."

Leigh wrote: "I would like to get in on the rotations."

Collection closed. No more entries for rotations accepted!! Those who couldn't get in, sorry for your loss! ;)

message 27: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amara is definitely the evil twin! I can't imagine doing that to my sister but especial a twin. It would be like doing it to yourself.

message 28: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Nov 21, 2013 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I love the whole evil twin thing going on, too. I wish I had one :( Or maybe I could be the evil one :)

Except I wouldn't want to be evil like Amara. She's too twisted.

message 29: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I can't believe Ashayna protected her!

message 30: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I can't believe Ashayna protected her!"

I know. I think she kind of felt she had to, though. Since the council not only killed or rehabilitated people who broke silence or went crazy but their whole families, too.

message 31: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri wrote: "Leigh wrote: "I can't believe Ashayna protected her!"

I know. I think she kind of felt she had to, though. Since the council not only killed or rehabilitated people who broke silence or went cra..."

That's what makes it so sad.

message 32: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Who was the dark mind that corrupted Amara? Ming? Henry is making moves. Well, I am sad that Anthony is not the ghost.

message 33: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay! Dorian changed!

message 34: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I love that Ashaya pulled Amara in. She had to honor both of her selves. And I enjoyed her because she, like Judd, could see the value in silence, even if she wasn't bound by it. I like how Singh is making things less black and white as she goes along.

Today I read the short story about Nate and Tamsyn being mated. It was really cute. I recommend it.

Gwenn (idlecuriosity) wow, we all rated it 4 stars. that's neat. :D

message 36: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) I was really torn. I almost gave it three, but I couldn't, cause evil twin.

I liked the story of this one quite a bit, but there were some writing things that she started that I didn't like as much.

Those chapter headings? Not amused.

Gwenn (idlecuriosity) I feel you on the chapter headings. but such a good evil twin. focused only on her twin and herself and completely amoral and without empathy. I love her. I thought Sasha's response to her terribly amusing

message 38: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I think it is the first time we all rated a book the same way. Amara will make things interesting in the future.

What are y'all reading next week?

message 39: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) If you're up to audible, we can do merits book. We could all take a thanksgiving break. Or Sheri and I can go back to our weekly switch off picks. (With others, if they want).
Thoughts?

message 40: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) This is the second time that you, me and Sheri all agreed. I just can't remember the book.

message 41: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Monday will probably be the only day I know I will be reading. It is up to y'all. I will post how surgery went. I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Gwenn (idlecuriosity) you too Leigh! I hope your thanksgiving goes really well. pleasant food comas for everyone

message 43: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Leigh wrote: "Monday will probably be the only day I know I will be reading. It is up to y'all. I will post how surgery went. I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!"

We will all be thinking of you.

You never did let me know about the baths. :P Should I be wishing you comfortable couch time, or warm bubbly time? Or both?
Certainly food comas are awesome.
I am going to my grandparents. My gramma is making me sweet potatoes without ucky marshmallows (vegetarian) and my grampa is grilling fake chicken for me. :D Gram even is making me green bean casserole even though I am the only one who likes it.

message 44: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am scared of the tub since that is what caused all the trouble. I take showers. I actually would not be able to get in and out of my tub if I wanted to take one. Our tub is huge. I told my husband he thought he was getting a new shoulder for Christmas but I want new furniture. We are suppose to get it this weekend . I can't wait!

Sweet potatoes is my favorite. No marshmallows for me either. My mom is making me cranberry relish and spinach dip. Yummy! We are suppose to go to my sister-in-law's but I might just stay home, good thing she lives 5miles from the house so they will bring me some food. I'm sure I will be heavily medicated. Oh Yeah!
Alyssia enjoy yourself. Eat some fake chicken for me.

message 45: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Leigh wrote: "I am scared of the tub since that is what caused all the trouble. I take showers. I actually would not be able to get in and out of my tub if I wanted to take one. Our tub is huge. I told my husban..."

Yeah, a heavily medicated Thanksgiving sounds interesting.
We will all be thinking of you. :/ I sure hope everything goes smoothly.
Cranberry relish and spinach dip both sound delicious. I haven't been able to go to my grandparents' for Thanksgiving since highschool times, so I am so excited. So happy they moved back "close" (five hours isn't close, but it's better than thirty-two).

message 46: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Evil twins and Thanksgiving.

We don't have plans. Last year me and the kids ordered pizza. I think we're actually cooking this year but we aren't going anywhere. My husband always has to work on Thanksgiving :/

message 47: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Evil twins and Thanksgiving.

We don't have plans. Last year me and the kids ordered pizza. I think we're actually cooking this year but we aren't going anywhere. My husband always has to work..."

Thoughts on a buddy read next week? Or skipping, or ... ?

message 48: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Evil twins and Thanksgiving.

We don't have plans. Last year me and the kids ordered pizza. I think we're actually cooking this year but we aren't going anywhere. My husband always has to work..."

Sorry your husband will be working. At least you have children for company?

Usually Thanksgiving is pretty boring for me. I am excited to be going to my grandparents' house this year.
I always have fun regardless (a break from school!), but this year will be AWESOME!

message 49: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lets skip next week but after that we can take turns picking.

message 50: by Lys (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Lets skip next week but after that we can take turns picking."

Just until Leigh comes back though :)

I am enjoying this series. And I always like having Leigh for buddy reads, because she generates talks with her questions. :D

« previous 1