Start by marking “Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)

Declaration of Courtship

(Psy-Changeling #9.5)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  3,388 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
A PSY/CHANGELING NOVELLA

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to her explosive Psy/Changeling world as predatory desire becomes a sensual game of control...

A dominant changeling wolf, SnowDancer lieutenant Cooper is not known for his patience. But when it comes to courting the shy, sexy woman he wants in his life and in his bed, he’ll have to use every oun
Published November 5th 2013 by Berkley (first published March 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Declaration of Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Declaration of Courtship

Lover of Romance
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a sexy shifter romance and is a must read for any romance lover
Declaration of Courtship is one of the best novella's I have read in a long while. Of course, there is no doubt when reading Nalini Singh right? Well Singh has written another beautiful love story. In Declaration of Courtship we have our hero Cooper, a snowdancer lieutenant, a alpha male and dominant in the pack. He knows who his mate is, Grace a submissive and new to the pack. He only sees a beautiful woman that is smart and funny and kind. He knows that their status in the pack, will make for ...more
Kristen
5 AWESOME Stars

Story part of Wild Invitation anthology. I loved this story! Loved it.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3.5 stars...Cooper, the dirtiest-talking changeling ever! (I think.)

Cooper is one the most dominant wolves in his pack. He has found his mate. Grace, one of the most submissive in the pack felt an attraction to Cooper from day 1, but the wolf side of nature is overwhelmed by Cooper's wolf. Yet, he's patient and has fun courting Grace. He will woo her, while hiding the nightmares that plague him because a dominant pack member is never supposed to be weak.

I loved the main conflict! Cooper was lovi
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
I have missed the psy-changeling universe, and Declaration of Courtship was the perfect cure! Very cleverly done, with an unconventional romance between an alpha lieutenant and a submissive female, I can't stop smiling at their loving interactions!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Singh was so very clever with Declaration of Courtship! I am not always a fan of novellas, because they feel somehow rushed in many ways. At the beginning of this one, however, it was mad
AnHeC the Paperback Obliterator
word count: 30 /35 000
rating: no nonsense, a short romance that goes right to the point

*My rating takes into account the length and what can be expected of the story like this.The limitations.

Writing: Nalini Singh spoiled me. Sometimes I forget how good she is, and then I start reading Looking for Alaska and become aware of the differences in style. Just saying.

Characters: Finally! A romance between a submissive and a dominant! I've been waiting for this one since book one. Why? Because reading
Aly
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Not for lack of interest, but because the SnowDancer's dominant lieutenant recognized he needed to tread carefully with her, Cooper kept his distance from the new system maintenance's tech for the last six months. But now it's time to finally make her his. Shy and discreet Grace is genuinely surprised when Cooper announced his intention to court her. Can the submissive wolf find the strenght to put up with the hero's overbearing nature ?

I thought there was too much sex (thinking about it, talki
Vero Rinconin
Es una historia corta pero intensa gracias a Cooper que es un peludete de esos que conquista, tanto por su fortaleza como por sus debilidades ^^ Grace no me ha gustado mucho como protagonista, no es porque sea una loba sumisa más bien porque es un poco "mñe" "pavisosa".
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
So this was the inside story to the Cooper (wolf lieutenant) and his mating dance with Grace that was referenced in Play of Passion. Cooper is super dominant. Grace is super submissive. Havoc ensues. I liked it :)
Siobhan
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Declaration of Courtship is book nine-point-five in the Psy-Changeling series, and although I prefer to read series in order I’ve ended up reading the short stories out of order. As the library did not have the fifth book in the series, I ended up reading Wild Invitations instead, hence why I jumped into book nine-point-five when I have yet to read beyond book four. Fortunately, this story worked perfectly fine without me being up to date with the series.

Declaration of Courtship was a nice quick
Juli
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3,5/5

La intensidad de esta historia, ME ENCANTO.
Fanny
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok

La historia de Cooper y Grace me dejo bastante indiferente, no consegui conectar con ellos ( especialmente con Grace ) y aunque los ultimos capitulos mejoraron ligeramente, la trama no me convencio del todo y eso que por la sinopsis pense que seria una buena novela pero la verdad es que no fue lo que esperaba.

Esta bien para pasar el rato pero esta saga tiene mejores libros ( y novelas intermedias ) que este.

2.5 Estrellas!
Monique
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reread (Aug 17, 2015)

I adore Cooper and I love his courtship with Grace.

Reread (Jul 15, 2014)

*sigh* I adore Cooper and Grace, and this wonderful story of their courtship.

Originally read (Apr 1, 2013)

This story is part of the Wild Invitation anthology.

I was dying to read Cooper and Grace's story . I have wanted to read their story since Cooper's first appearance who is considered "mad, bad and dangerous" and the mention of his sweet submissive mate in Play of Passion. I was so excited when Nalin
Laura V.
Corto, sencillo. Nalini sabe hacer muy interesantes sus historias cortas.
Gail
Excellent novella. Lots of story squeezed into a shorter form. A very dominant changeling wolf has to figure out how to convince a very submissive wolf to let him court her without scaring her off. The romance is the only plot included in this story. Very good read.
Dakota
short and sweet, a little bit of the dynamic in the SnowDancer pack. Everytime I read a book in this series, it makes me want to go back and read the first book all over again.
Melann
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lu en VF

Super ! Là pour le coup j'ai aimé que l'approche soit lente et progressive, on a eu le temps de l'apprécier.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
So nice to see a submissive wolf character. Different and yet still so freaking awesome. I love Cooper and Grace!
Zaskya Benítez
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Es una historia adorable. Cooper es un bruto dominante, de esos que son mi perdición y aunque Grace es extremadamente sumisa y no he logrado identificarme en lo más mínimo con ella, he apreciado ver como evoluciona y confia en Cooper y su relación
Monica
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dominant lieutenant Cooper and submissive Grace who's is an engineer in the pack. She worries she is too submissive. Another great story. Catching up on these novellas are holding me until my next Nalini Singh full book fix. I swear I'm addicted.
Tanya
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here the dominant lieutenant Cooper finds his mate in the very submissive wolf changeling Grace. I loved seeing for a change a matchup of two very different hierarchy levels and the problems inherent in that. Cooper had to be sure she was really wanting him and not just obeying his dominant wolf, had to be cautious of overwhelming her, respecting her inner strength in a different way. And Grace had to come to terms with her wolf trusting his, despite how threatening that was, while still feeling ...more
Ronda
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series - it is different to anything I have ever read, it is imaginative, each book is individual but runs it's main storyline alongside tons of others... Nalini is amazing!!!

So... I waited for this edition with bated breath, I didn't want to read it within the anthology, I had to wait for it to stand alone and boy it was well worth it!

Nalini captures a great deal in her shorter stories, this one was no different, Cooper and Grace kept me turning the pages un
Heather
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Cooper and Grace's story was cute. I liked that Singh wrote in the manner of how dominate and submissive wolves would interact and court. It was different how Cooper explained and went about winning Grace.
ARomanceLover
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 star, very sweet story
Nathaly Alvarez Jimenez

Amo las historias cortas pero siempre son demasiado cortas y siento que les falta algo, aunque ame a Cooper y su Grace.
Lucy Qhuay
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series

This was a nice story, that shows us the differences between dominant and submissive changelings.

All in all, I think Cooper and Grace are good for each other.
Me Like Reading
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘Declaration of Courtship’ can be found in the ‘Wild Invitation’ Psy/Changeling anthology.

Loved it the first time and, now, my second time around. A well written novella which is impressive in and of itself, as enjoyable short story romances are even harder to find (unless you’re Miz Singh, of course).

A romance between the extremely submissive, Grace, and the totally dominant lieutenant, Cooper. Awesome. Nice buildup of romance rather than a too-rushed relationship based primarily on sex. Excell
Cheesecake
Angela Dawe reads this brief novella about opposites mating. She does an OK job. I've never been a fan of the way her intonation drawls away at the end of every other sentence.

But the story was sweet and the characters nicely drawn.
Like the rest of the series the world building is excellent and sets up the difficulties that the couple face.

Grace is new to the Snowdancer pack and yet Cooper is counting the days since she showed up. He is the top alpha and lieutenant of the pack and not used to wa
LaCath
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: hot-but-cute, novella
So it's not the first Psy-Changeling book that I start, but it's the first one that I finish. I was reading Play of Passion - and quite enjoying it actually - when, during a scene the heroin was thinking about Coop and that adorable submissive female who had him head over heels. Feeling that was the perfect start to a really good supernatural romance, I digged a little more and found this novella.
I found it both sexy and adorable. Plus I really liked the suttle play of power between submissive a
Kim Shumaker
Very sweet story featuring Cooper and Grace. After the last couple of books featuring a dominant female as the main character it was a nice break to read about a submissive female. Submissive is a little deceiving in that they are not fragile or weak. A better word would be maternal rather than a fighter. The submissive wolves are very important to the pack as they are the ones who bring the "calm" when the dominant tempers are running high. Grace's ability to bring calm is similar to Sascha's e ...more
I love this author! 2 12 Feb 28, 2014 04:53AM
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Lonewolf's Woman (Wild Hearts, #3)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea #3.5; Psy-Changeling #0.6; Iron Seas #0.5)
  • The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Allie's Moon
  • Heaven Sent (Small Town Swains)
  • A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3)
  • Foxfire Bride
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • Blood Moons (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Vampire Fight Club (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy)
  • Magic Steals (Kate Daniels, #6.5)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)