Start by marking “Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)

Declaration of Courtship

(Psy-Changeling #9.5)

A PSY/CHANGELING NOVELLA

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to her explosive Psy/Changeling world as predatory desire becomes a sensual game of control...

A dominant changeling wolf, SnowDancer lieutenant Cooper is not known for his patience. But when it comes to courting the shy, sexy woman he wants in his life and in his bed, he’ll have to use every oun
Published November 5th 2013 by Berkley (first published March 5th 2013)

Start your review of Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling, #9.5)
Sophia Triad
Grace (Wolf Changeling, SnowDancer systems-maintenance engineer) and Cooper (Wolf Changeling, SnowDancer Lieutenant)

“You’d better find a way to deal with the big, bad wolf who wants to have you for his own very personal snack.”
A thousand butterflies took flight in Grace’s stomach.

Grace is over the top submissive and Cooper is over the top dominant. Grace wants to disappear every time Cooper looks at her, Cooper wants to eat her alive.
So far he tried to control his need to get physical with her,
Lover of Romance
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a sexy shifter romance and is a must read for any romance lover
Declaration of Courtship is one of the best novella's I have read in a long while. Of course, there is no doubt when reading Nalini Singh right? Well Singh has written another beautiful love story. In Declaration of Courtship we have our hero Cooper, a snowdancer lieutenant, a alpha male and dominant in the pack. He knows who his mate is, Grace a submissive and new to the pack. He only sees a beautiful woman that is smart and funny and kind. He knows that their status in the pack, will make for ...more
Kristen
5 AWESOME Stars

Story part of Wild Invitation anthology. I loved this story! Loved it.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3.5 stars...Cooper, the dirtiest-talking changeling ever! (I think.)

Cooper is one the most dominant wolves in his pack. He has found his mate. Grace, one of the most submissive in the pack felt an attraction to Cooper from day 1, but the wolf side of nature is overwhelmed by Cooper's wolf. Yet, he's patient and has fun courting Grace. He will woo her, while hiding the nightmares that plague him because a dominant pack member is never supposed to be weak.

I loved the main conflict! Cooper was lovi
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
I have missed the psy-changeling universe, and Declaration of Courtship was the perfect cure! Very cleverly done, with an unconventional romance between an alpha lieutenant and a submissive female, I can't stop smiling at their loving interactions!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Singh was so very clever with Declaration of Courtship! I am not always a fan of novellas, because they feel somehow rushed in many ways. At the beginning of this one, however, it was m
AnHeC the Paperback Obliterator
word count: 30 /35 000
rating: no nonsense, a short romance that goes right to the point

*My rating takes into account the length and what can be expected of the story like this.The limitations.

Writing: Nalini Singh spoiled me. Sometimes I forget how good she is, and then I start reading Looking for Alaska and become aware of the differences in style. Just saying.

Characters: Finally! A romance between a submissive and a dominant! I've been waiting for this one since book one. Why? Because reading
Aly
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Not for lack of interest, but because the SnowDancer's dominant lieutenant recognized he needed to tread carefully with her, Cooper kept his distance from the new system maintenance's tech for the last six months. But now it's time to finally make her his. Shy and discreet Grace is genuinely surprised when Cooper announced his intention to court her. Can the submissive wolf find the strenght to put up with the hero's overbearing nature ?

I thought there was too much sex (thinking about it, talki
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2019
Cute and spicy short story.
Siobhan
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Declaration of Courtship is book nine-point-five in the Psy-Changeling series, and although I prefer to read series in order I’ve ended up reading the short stories out of order. As the library did not have the fifth book in the series, I ended up reading Wild Invitations instead, hence why I jumped into book nine-point-five when I have yet to read beyond book four. Fortunately, this story worked perfectly fine without me being up to date with the series.

Declaration of Courtship was a nice quick
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
So this was the inside story to the Cooper (wolf lieutenant) and his mating dance with Grace that was referenced in Play of Passion. Cooper is super dominant. Grace is super submissive. Havoc ensues. I liked it :)
Monique
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reread (Aug 17, 2015)

I adore Cooper and I love his courtship with Grace.

Reread (Jul 15, 2014)

*sigh* I adore Cooper and Grace, and this wonderful story of their courtship.

Originally read (Apr 1, 2013)

This story is part of the Wild Invitation anthology.

I was dying to read Cooper and Grace's story . I have wanted to read their story since Cooper's first appearance who is considered "mad, bad and dangerous" and the mention of his sweet submissive mate in Play of Passion. I was so excited when Nalin
Shawna
3 stars – Paranormal Romance

I read this story as part of the Wild Invitation anthology.
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story but I think technically it should be #8.5 in the series instead of #9.5 because Cooper and Grace are mentioned as already being a couple in book #9, Play of Passion.

This story is about Cooper, who is a SnowDancer lieutenant and very dominant, and Grace, who is a submissive in the SnowDancer pack and works as an engineer. Mostly this story encoumpasses Cooper trying to court Grace, which is a bit difficult because of her submissive wolf's instincts towards
Gail
Excellent novella. Lots of story squeezed into a shorter form. A very dominant changeling wolf has to figure out how to convince a very submissive wolf to let him court her without scaring her off. The romance is the only plot included in this story. Very good read.
Shelby
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Read as part of Wild Invitation (Paperback)
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
So nice to see a submissive wolf character. Different and yet still so freaking awesome. I love Cooper and Grace!
Dakota
short and sweet, a little bit of the dynamic in the SnowDancer pack. Everytime I read a book in this series, it makes me want to go back and read the first book all over again.
Aparna
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Stars: 3 / 5
My Recommendation: Another good novella that would give the readers a glimpse into the Psy-Changeling world, filled with Psy, Changeling and Humans, who are living together, ruled by Psy but the other two races making the playing field even. Of course there is romance, passion, war, friendship, loyalties and betrayals along the line.

Declaration of Courtship is the third novella in the long-running Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh, first published in the anthology Wild Invitatio
Kristen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, library
i liked it a lot, a lot a lot. unfortunately i'm reviewing it a month after i read it and don't remember too much about it, except that it was cute and sweet and nalini singh, what more can you want.
Monica
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dominant lieutenant Cooper and submissive Grace who's is an engineer in the pack. She worries she is too submissive. Another great story. Catching up on these novellas are holding me until my next Nalini Singh full book fix. I swear I'm addicted.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Psy-Changeling #9.5
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

I really enjoyed this one because it was so interesting to see the inner dynamics of the human/changeling balance. The human side of Grace trusts Cooper but the wolf side of her sees a dominant that she has to obey. I liked how sweet Cooper was with Grace and how careful he was in the beginning to make sure Grace was with him the whole way. I also liked that Grace, though a submissive, still has a lot of spine and isn’t afraid to call Cooper
Ronda
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series - it is different to anything I have ever read, it is imaginative, each book is individual but runs it's main storyline alongside tons of others... Nalini is amazing!!!

So... I waited for this edition with bated breath, I didn't want to read it within the anthology, I had to wait for it to stand alone and boy it was well worth it!

Nalini captures a great deal in her shorter stories, this one was no different, Cooper and Grace kept me turning the pages un
Tanya
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here the dominant lieutenant Cooper finds his mate in the very submissive wolf changeling Grace. I loved seeing for a change a matchup of two very different hierarchy levels and the problems inherent in that. Cooper had to be sure she was really wanting him and not just obeying his dominant wolf, had to be cautious of overwhelming her, respecting her inner strength in a different way. And Grace had to come to terms with her wolf trusting his, despite how threatening that was, while still feeling ...more
Heather
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Cooper and Grace's story was cute. I liked that Singh wrote in the manner of how dominate and submissive wolves would interact and court. It was different how Cooper explained and went about winning Grace.
Lucy Qhuay
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series

This was a nice story, that shows us the differences between dominant and submissive changelings.

All in all, I think Cooper and Grace are good for each other.
ARomanceLover
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 star, very sweet story
Me Like Reading
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘Declaration of Courtship’ can be found in the ‘Wild Invitation’ Psy/Changeling anthology.

Loved it the first time and, now, my second time around. A well written novella which is impressive in and of itself, as enjoyable short story romances are even harder to find (unless you’re Miz Singh, of course).

A romance between the extremely submissive, Grace, and the totally dominant lieutenant, Cooper. Awesome. Nice buildup of romance rather than a too-rushed relationship based primarily on sex. Excell
Kathy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Psy-Changeling #8.5
Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling #8.5), is one of two never before published novellas included in the Wild Invitation anthology. This one features Cooper, a SnowDancer Lieutenant and Grace, a SnowDancer Submissive. Unsure of whether or not her submissive wolf will ever truly be comfortable with the dominant lieutenant Cooper, Grace leads his Wolf on a merry chase during their mating dance.

If you are just reading the main Psy-Changeling books, then you meet Cooper in,
Cheesecake
Angela Dawe reads this brief novella about opposites mating. She does an OK job. I've never been a fan of the way her intonation drawls away at the end of every other sentence.

But the story was sweet and the characters nicely drawn.
Like the rest of the series the world building is excellent and sets up the difficulties that the couple face.

Grace is new to the Snowdancer pack and yet Cooper is counting the days since she showed up. He is the top alpha and lieutenant of the pack and not used to wa
Kim Shumaker
Very sweet story featuring Cooper and Grace. After the last couple of books featuring a dominant female as the main character it was a nice break to read about a submissive female. Submissive is a little deceiving in that they are not fragile or weak. A better word would be maternal rather than a fighter. The submissive wolves are very important to the pack as they are the ones who bring the "calm" when the dominant tempers are running high. Grace's ability to bring calm is similar to Sascha's e ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I love this author! 2 12 Feb 28, 2014 04:53AM

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Pay Me (Hidden Legacy, #4.2)
  • A Misunderstanding (Hidden Legacy #4.1)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)