Start by marking “Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)

Hostage to Pleasure

(Psy-Changeling #5)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  25,915 ratings  ·  1,244 reviews
Separated from her son and forced to create a neural implant that will mean the effective enslavement of her psychically gifted race, Ashaya Aleine is the perfect Psy--cool, calm, emotionless...at least on the surface. Inside, she's fighting a desperate battle to save her son and escape the vicious cold of the PsyNet. Yet when escape comes, it leads not to safety, but to t ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published September 2nd 2008 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Hostage to Pleasure, please sign up.
Denieal I believe so, that is the impression I got. Singh is great about having diverse characters. The male lead is described as blond, blue-eyed with light …moreI believe so, that is the impression I got. Singh is great about having diverse characters. The male lead is described as blond, blue-eyed with light tan skin. The female lead is described as having "hot chocolate skin". The way it reads as if she is a woman of color with light eyes. I assumed black because she wears braids. But I guess people really are free to see the characters however they want. (less)

·  25,915 ratings  ·  1,244 reviews

Start your review of Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Hostage to Pleasure was an enjoyable read but there is just something about this series that I can't put my finger on. Something that is missing that is keeping this series from being a amazing unforgettable read for me. Maybe it's the way the Psy are all pretty much the same flat and sometimes boring persons, or maybe it's that the whole way the mating works isn't 100% clear. Normally with mate books there is some kind of sign that tells them they are mates. In this series they all seem to floa ...more
Sophia Triad
Ashaya Aleine (Psy) and Dorian Christensen (Changeling)

Ashaya: “Why would I want to share anything with a man who yells at me twenty-three hours of every day, then kisses me?”
Dorian: Attracted to one of the Silent?
His mouth set in a grim line. He’d cut off his own balls before he accepted that.

We met latent leopard Dorian in Slave to Sensation, while we met M-Psy Ashaya Aleine in Mine to Posses. Actually Hostage to Pleasure could serve as part B of this book. Ashayna saves two part-Chang
Maya
4,5 STARS

Ahh...Another Psy-Changeling favourite book. I give up. Might as well buy the whole series before I've even read it. Only problem, what will happen when I do finish it? No more Psy-Changeling stories and no back up series to follow it!!! Aggghhh.... O_O

description

I was a bit unsure about Doriana and what's his story wuld be like. In previous books he seemed like a big flirt with this huge anger inside of him. But I should've know it. There is just no way Nalini would write a bad story. She manage
Kristen
5-Brilliant-Shining-Stars!!!

I've been waiting for Dorian's story since he first stole my heart in Slave to Sensation, the first book in this series. Boy, do I have a MASSIVE crush on him, and have from the beginning. His book was every bit as good, if not better, than I thought it would be. And the epilogue…OMG!!! It was freaking AMAZING! The best ending in the series thus far! On to the next book...

If you haven't already noticed, I think I'm having a love affair with this series. LOL
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
5 Stars!!! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Time to catch up on my reviews for this series…
“I heard the sniper’s voice against my ear when I woke today. He whispered sensual promises so savage, I can hardly believe these thoughts come from some corner of my own psyche. And yet they must. Because, at the end, he called me prey.

And told me to run.

- From the encrypted personal files of Ashaya Aleine”
Now why does that give me a delicious shiver?! Because it’s DORIAN!! *sighs and swoo
Jo
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves fantastic world-building and all romance fans

Re-reading my favorite series!

02/09/2016 Buddy reading my favorite series with the fantastic Choko and Angela over at BB&B!!.

He hated that he couldn’t control his body around her, hated the man he became when with her, hated that her presence alone was enough to strip away the veneer of civilization that was all most people ever saw.

DarkRiver sentinel and sniper Dorian Christensen is honed from steel. Being a latent shifter taught him from a very young age to live with the pain of

Choko
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** 4.66 ***

A buddy read with the fans of Paranormal Romance in BB&B!!!

I am very late to the Psy-changeling party, but I am a firm believer in that it is better late than never! And boy am I happy that my friends Joanita and Angela at BB&B got back to our schedule to indoctrinate me in the world Nalini Singh has created with an abundance of creativity, a beautiful prose, and an attention to detail without being overly verbose or giving into prolonged descriptions and international monologues...
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
I'm totally enamored with this series. I loved Dorian and how he came around, his struggles of falling for a Psy. I adored Ashaya's warmth once she let go of the remainder of Silence. These two *sigh* so hot, so sweet, so lovely.
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Wow. This series just keeps getting better and better Photobucket Best book so far, loved it!

Ashaya appeared in the last book, and I was crazy to find out what happened to her. This book is her story, what a mother would do to protect her child, and a terrible choice she must make regarding her psycho twin sister. She's the best developed female character so far. I really loved her. And wow what a spine she has Photobucket she's incredibly strong as a person, having broken Silence many years ago, she had to act
Kate
First read - 30/03/2016 - 31/03/2016 5 ★
Reread - 01/07/2018 - 02/07/2018 5★
09/05/2020 5★

5 “all about choices” Stars.

Ms. Singh has done it again with this exceptional & mind blowing read. Once again a complex story with so many unexpected plot lines coming together. It is getting more and more complex with all the players in place. Dorian & Ashaya are one of my favourites. Top spot is Lucas & Sascha though.

Dorian’s cat is latent and he has come to accept it. As he has always felt that he has been
Denisa
Oh yes, Dorian is definitely as hot as I hoped he'd be!

I've been wanting to read his story since the first time I "met" him, and I'm damn glad I wasn't disappointed!
Yes, girls, he's damn hot! And a badass! And an assassin (sort of)! What more can a girl ask for? Ah yeah, he is a great dad as well, so it's really easy to fall for this guy.

Ashaya was pretty great too, I really liked her way of sacrificing herself and her plans were damn smart (though what can you expect, she's a scientist).
What
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Whew, the Psy-Changeling series just keeps getting impossibly better and better and continues to impress and amaze me! Although Caressed by Ice is still my favorite so far, Mine to Possess and Hostage to Pleasure are tied close for second place. Singh has created such a unique and fascinating futuristic universe with the conflict between the emotionless, cold, psychically powerful Psy race and the Changelings (shifters that are both human and animal) at its center. Wi
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book was fantastic. I thought that this series would get less interesting as it continued, but it seems to get even more intriguing. I loved the hero Dorian. He is full of contrasts: ice cold, but hot, violent but controlled, and deeply sensual. He is unable to change into a leopard, which he has mostly made peace with. Instead he has honed his skills as such a formidable warrior, that being unable to shapeshift is not a liability. However, being unable to shifts makes him no less in touch ...more
Karla

5 Ginormous Stars!!! Dorian...bite me...play with me...I'll be a hostage to your pleasure any day!!! RAWRRRRR!!

Hot damn was this good!!

I feel like I finally found my footing in this series. What I mean by that is, it's such a complex story with amazingly well developed characters, that it takes a while to get a real feel for what's going on. Who is with who, how they came to be, where they are now, how it all connects, and now I'm on solid ground!

From beginning to end this book was brilliant.
Lisa Kay
Shazahn Padamsee (actress) as Ashaya Aleine
“Shaya” - as Dorian calls her - has pale blue-gray eyes; so, this is when she is wearing her dark contacts.
description

★★★★★ & a Whoa! (This is a review of the audiobook.) Angela Dawe does an excellent job of reading this powerhouse episode in Nalini Singh’s fifth installment of the Psy-Changeling series. There is a reason she is up for an “Audie Award” for an another audiobook this year.* She makes Dorian sound not only filled with possessiveness, but suitably
Leah
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f, 5-stars, adult-lit
Dear Caressed by Ice,

You know that I love you. I truly do. You were my favorite for a while, especially compared to Mine to Possess. Alas, I must ask you to step aside. I have been caught up in a brilliant love affair the past two days with Hostage to Pleasure. At the close of this love affair, I find that I do not want it to end. Therefore, Hostage to Pleasure is now my favorite book of this series, with you as my very close second. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Lovers You,
L
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
I love how Nalini Singh expands this universe in each instalment.
***
As I said when I wrote about the first four books, I'd jot down a couple of things I love in each book and I won't bother changing the initial rating. Why would I? Even when there are nitpicks and stuff, the series is still better than a lot of others out there. Within its genre, of course.

When the Silence Protocol was first introduced, it it didn't start right that moment. It took its time. One of the worst things it did to it
Hannah
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Not brilliant but fun enough. The world building is keeping me invested and Singh has a way of making her characters behave like the people they are even when they are in the background of the story. Also, what is it with these covers and the men all looking the same no matter what they are described as in the books?
Emma
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Note to self: please don't buy any more of these books Emma. They're all pretty much the same and you know you'll get bored and end up skim reading to the end.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I've learned that I really like it when a hero misjudges the heroine. I relished the idea of when he would find out he had been wrong about her. Not sure why or what that says about me.

I loved it even more when the heroine refused to defend herself. It made it that when he realized the truth, it was so much sweeter. Thankfully he never mistreated her. He wasn't kind but he didn't do anything that I couldn't get past as a reader.

Things with the Psy Council seems to be escalating. I can't wait fo
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

As tempting and satisfying as Belgian chocolate! “Hostage to Pleasure” by Nalini Singh is the fabulous fifth book in her Psy-Changeling world and it’s oh so worth the cost and the time to visit there. She rachets up the suspense and the heat in equal portions and I couldn’t put the darn book down once I picked it up. This book is easily read on its own, but if you’ve been following the series you need to MOVE, RIGHT NOW and go get this book. It r
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Hostage to Pleasure is the fifth book in the Psy-Changeling series and Dorian has been one of my favourite DarkRiver sentinels from the very start!

He’s latent, which means he can’t shift and although many see it as a disadvantage, Dorian doesn’t let that hinder his determination and protectiveness over Pack. He makes up for it with his sniper abilities and sharp mind. I loved his charm in Mine to Possess so I was very excited to read his story. Instead, Dorian was very angry and tense for most
Jilly
Oooooh, I've been waiting for this book because Dorian has been one of my favorite males in this series. (Hawke is number one). Let's see, he has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is beautiful. I wonder why that attracts my attention...??

I know what you all are thinking. Oh, brother, here goes Jilly on another one of her "Chris Hemsworth is the perfect specimen of man" tangents. Gee, give me a break! There are plenty of other gorgeous blonde men out there that are (almost) as beautiful. I'm not that
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
"The leopard knows."

________________________________________

2nd read - 5 March to 7 March 2013
3rd read - 23 April to 27 April 2014
4th read - 3 April to 5 April 2015
5th read - 2 May to 6 May 2017
_________________________________________

So I have a little bit of a Dorian crush, I love myself an emotionally damaged overachiever, I can't help myself. So on that note I felt it necessary to cast him.
Dorian

*If I can find images of what I imagine my two other favourite emotionally damaged men in this s
Beanbag Love
Feb 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Nalini Singh drives me a little nuts. Every one of the Psy-Changeling books I've read has made me so frustrated in the first half and then made me love it in the second. I swear, it's at 50% in each book that things pick up.

In Hostage to Pleasure we get the story of two characters we've met in earlier books. Dorian, the latent leopard changeling, has been around since he wanted to rip out Sascha's throat in the first book. Ashaya was introduced in the last book -- Mine to Possess -- although I t
◊♦ Naomi
"Pieces of my heart, Dorian. You're in so many pieces of my heart."
I am in love with this series. Seriously. I never thought I could love a series that much after having read so many different series but, here it is. I love everything about these books, the universe, the writing style, the characters: all different and interesting, the plot... each book is fascinating and I can barely wait to read the next one.

Hostage to Pleasure is Dorian's story and let me tell you, I have been *i
Angela
September 2016 Re-read: I've been a little surprised a couple of times on this re-read, my millionth since first picking up the series, and going into this book I was slightly worried that it was going to come off worse.

When I first read this series I was INCREDIBLY forgiving of almost anything the male characters did. I'm not sure why this is, but I've noticed that it was common for me at that point in my reading-life. In fact, it was pretty common for me up until a couple of years ago. Being a
Valerie
I continue to be amazed at how much I am enjoying this series. Each book completes a couple story but expands the overarching story of this world. And while the last book added the humans as featured characters, this one adds some human mystery.

Having never liked third person writing, I am equally amazed how much this authors third person writing just works for me. The POV changes and so the connections are made that I normally miss when reading this type of writing style. But because of this s
Aileene
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"About three things I was absolutely positive:

First, that Hostage to Pleasure was, without a doubt, one of the best I had the pleasure to read.

Second, there was a part of me -- and I didn't realize how dominant that part actually was -- that insisted on reading it slowly to the end in the hope it would be much more pleasurable .......

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably spot on in that decision.

(hope u didn't mind me nabbing your lines, bella ;) )

I like Dorian. He was one of my favou
Alex is The Romance Fox
The 5th book in Nalini Singh’s incredible Psy/Changeling Series, continues the world-building of the new societies that threaten world peace.

Dorian Christensen is a sentinel and sniper in the DarkRiver pack and struggles with his uniqueness of being a latent leopard changeling…..he is unable to shift into his animal form. He has an undying hatred for the Psy, after the terrible loss at their hands and when he’s asked to help kidnap a PSY child, he finds himself at a crossroad.

Ashaya, a brillian

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11)