All About Books discussion

Readalongs > Would anyone like to join me in reading ...?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 988 (988 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Nov 03, 2014 01:53PM) (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments In case you would like a readalong companion for a specific book find one here!

For a list of upcoming readalongs go here

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I am planning on reading City of Bones in december. If anyone would like to do a readalong with me then, please let me know. I also was going to do a readalong for all hallows read in october. I haven't selected my book pick yet but if anyone want to join me, let me know. I choose one scary book to read for it. I have my edgar allan poe short story collection the fall of the house of usher and other stories that I've had since christmas that I haven'tread yet so am thinking of that one as my all hallow's read pick for october. Last year I did something wicked this way comes by ray bradbury. Thanks and happy reading! :-)

message 3: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11973 comments Mod
A great thread.

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) It's pretty cool! :-)

message 5: by Jenny (last edited Aug 29, 2013 11:52AM) (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments I might join in for the scary book for halloween since I still need to cover 'horror' for my genre challenge. Edgar Ellen Poe sounds great, I'd also be tempted by We Have Always Lived in the Castle otherwise.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Well the fall of the house of usher and other tales will probably be my all hallows read pick for october since it includes stories I haven't read from him yet like tell-tell heart and others. My fave poe tale masque of the red death is in there too.

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Jenny wrote: "I might join in for the scary book for halloween since I still need to cover 'horror' for my genre challenge. Edgar Ellen Poe sounds great, I'd also be tempted by We Have Always Lived in the Castle..."

Ooh I wouldn't mind reading "We have always lived...", I've heard it's supposed to be very good!

message 8: by Jenny (last edited Aug 29, 2013 12:05PM) (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments Brilliant! Should we set up a readalong then for "We have always lived.." a bit closer to the time then?

And Amber: I'd happily join in for some of the stories too, I've read the "House of Usher" but as far as I remember haven't read the others so if my library has a copy I'll read along.

message 9: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments yes, that sounds good!

message 10: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11973 comments Mod
I read the house of usher as well for uni and loved it.

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments Great! Looking forward to it :)

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome jenny. I may join into the we have always lived in the castle readalong too. I'll have to see if my library has that one cuz my sister gave me that edgar allan poe collection for christmas last year.

message 13: by Amber (last edited Aug 29, 2013 12:23PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) My library has a copy of we have always lived in the castle so I can join in. There's actually 2 one at my library and in smyrna. :-) so count me in for that readalong jenny. I can still do my poe one as well as reading city of bones in december.

message 14: by LauraT (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13416 comments Mod
I've got too many books I'm planning to read when I'm home from holidays, so I won't sign for anymore. But that's a really nice place to look up for companions!

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments That's great Amber. (note to self: check library ;)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Great idea for a thread! :-)

@Amber - I'll read City of Bones with you if you like, I've been planning to for ages.

message 17: by Amber (last edited Aug 29, 2013 12:40PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome becca! That'd be great. I think alannah wants to read it too. Chris is going to read it next month and wants to compare notes later on but I'm not getting into City of Bonesuntil December.

message 18: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 456 comments I am going to read Atonement next, if anyone would like to Join me?

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) My next reads are going to be The Light Between Oceansand The Perks of Being a Wallflowerwith my other September reads but will be ready for the We have always lived in the castlereadlong and The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Talesfor our All Hallow's read readalongs and then City of Bonesin December.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Awesome becca! That'd be great. I think alannah wants to read it too. Chris is going to read it next month and wants to compare notes later on but I'm not getting into City of Bonesuntil December."

December is perfect I think :-) I don't know if I'll have any time to read it before then, haha.

message 21: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Hey Becca, are you going to do any of the Hallows read read alongs we are doing in October for Halloween? I'm doing an Edgar Allan poe short story collection and am going to join into we've always lived at the castle by Shirley Jackson. but yes, December is the perfect time for City of Bones. I saw the film recently and liked it.

message 22: by LauraT (new)

Becca wrote: "Amber wrote: "Awesome becca! That'd be great. I think alannah wants to read it too. Chris is going to read it next month and wants to compare notes later on but I'm not getting into City of Bones..."

I may join in december, if I find the book

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Hey Becca, are you going to do any of the Hallows read read alongs we are doing in October for Halloween? I'm doing an Edgar Allan poe short story collection and am going to join into we've always ..."

I might join in, I quite fancy reading something scary for Halloween :-) I was planning on reading The Shining and/or The Amityville Horror.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

LauraT wrote: "Becca wrote: "Amber wrote: "Awesome becca! That'd be great. I think alannah wants to read it too. Chris is going to read it next month and wants to compare notes later on but I'm not getting into..."

Excellent! :-)

message 25: by LauraT (new)

Becca wrote: "Amber wrote: "Hey Becca, are you going to do any of the Hallows read read alongs we are doing in October for Halloween? I'm doing an Edgar Allan poe short story collection and am going to join into..."

We'll have to think somthing "proper" for Halloween!

message 26: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 456 comments I would like to read along with The Shining, I've been meaning to read it for ages!

message 27: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) LauraT wrote: "Becca wrote: "Amber wrote: "Awesome becca! That'd be great. I think alannah wants to read it too. Chris is going to read it next month and wants to compare notes later on but I'm not getting into..."

Awesome Laura! I think my library has copies on order and Smyrna library has a copy. If I can't get it by December, I can borrow it from my cousin who has it. But the more the merrier! ^_^

message 28: by Amber (last edited Aug 29, 2013 01:48PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) For the City of Bonesreadalong in December, so far it'll be me, Becca, Alannah and LauraT. I'll make the thread of the readalong in December and if anyone else wants to join us, feel free to.:)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Gemma wrote: "I would like to read along with The Shining, I've been meaning to read it for ages!"

Cool, I'll make a note of it and will start a thread in October :-) If I have someone else to read it with, then I won't wimp out!

message 30: by Sigourney (new)

Sigourney (psthebirdbites) | 226 comments Amber - I'll probably join in as well :) I read it about five years ago and have been wanting to read it again for a while.

message 31: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Okay awesome Sigourney! ^_^ feel free to join in. we won't be reading it until December though.

message 32: by Sigourney (new)

Sigourney (psthebirdbites) | 226 comments Brilliant, that's fine...I'm not really bothered when I read it, it'll just be nice reading it again with others :)

message 33: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Cool! ^_^ Sigourney, Are you going to do any of the all Hallow's read readalongs we are doing in October for Halloween? Gemma and Becca are going to read The Shining by Stephen King, we're also going to do We have always lived in the castleby Shirley Jackson and I'm doing The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Talesby edgar allan poe.

message 34: by Sigourney (new)

Sigourney (psthebirdbites) | 226 comments I probably will! I've wanted to read We Have Always Lived in the Castle for a while, so I'll probably join in with that one.

message 35: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Cool! ^_^ I'm going to read that one too.

message 36: by Sigourney (new)

Sigourney (psthebirdbites) | 226 comments Brilliant, I look forward to it :D

message 37: by Amber (last edited Aug 29, 2013 02:26PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) So when in October do you guys want to do the Edgar Allan Poe readalong of The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales for all Hallows read? I was thinking Oct 20-31 since that would be up to Halloween. would that be okay? That would give us time to read We've always lived at the castle by Shirley Jackson. What do you guys think?

message 38: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jeoblivion) | 4869 comments Sigourney wrote: "I probably will! I've wanted to read We Have Always Lived in the Castle for a while, so I'll probably join in with that one."

Great, I'll set up a thread for the readalong once October has moved a bit closer.

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) So we got some cool readalongs coming up! :-) I can't wait until we get to them. Gemma, good luck with atonement!

message 40: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmagem20) | 456 comments Same here, Becca! I have always been too scared to read it!

message 41: by Gill (new)

Gill | 5720 comments Gemma wrote: "I am going to read Atonement next, if anyone would like to Join me?"

I enjoyed this when I first read it, but am not sure if I've got time to re-read at pres. I'm interested to know how you find it though, Gemma.

message 42: by Birgit (new)

Birgit i would join reading the shining

message 43: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 4177 comments Gill wrote: "Gemma wrote: "I am going to read Atonement next, if anyone would like to Join me?"

I enjoyed this when I first read it, but am not sure if I've got time to re-read at pres. I'm interested to know ..."

Gemma, I loved Atonement, but haven't got time to re-read it at the moment. Hope you enjoy it!

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments I'll join in on the City of Bones read along in dec. bc I've been wanting to read it :)

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome melissa! The more the merrier. I need to write down everyones names that are doing it so I won't forget it when I make the thread then. :-)

message 46: by Amber (last edited Aug 30, 2013 12:26PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) So for our City of Bones readalong in December it'll be me, Alannah, LauraT, Becca, Sigourney, and Melissa so far. Wow this is going to be so much fun! :-) Is this correct u guys? I'll write it down on paper too. If anyone else wants to join up, please let me know. Same goes for the Edgar Allan poe readalong I'm doing too on oct 20-31 for All Hallows Read for Halloween. :-) thanks!

message 47: by LauraT (new)

Shirley wrote: "Gill wrote: "Gemma wrote: "I am going to read Atonement next, if anyone would like to Join me?"

I enjoyed this when I first read it, but am not sure if I've got time to re-read at pres. I'm intere..."

Same here:too many books now, but it is the best book by McEwan in my opinion

message 48: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments @amber I'm excited for the read along thanks for organizing it!!

message 49: by Amber (last edited Aug 30, 2013 12:08PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) No problem Melissa. I'm psyched too! We just got to stay patient for December. It's going to be a lot of fun though. the October All Hallows read read alongs come first which is the Edgar Allan poe one I'm doing Oct 20-31st and the Shirley Jackson one everyone else is doing and two are doing the Shining. I can't wait to do them too with City of Bones! These will be the first few read alongs I participate and organize in. ^_^ I'd like to read Under the Dome in November too. Feel free to friend me on here too. I'm friends with a few of the book club members on here so far. It's cool they wanted to be one too. Reading for Pleasure rocks!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

@Amber - Wow that readalong sounds epic! Thanks for organising :-)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20