Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > A twist on the "best man for Sookie" question: If *you* were Sookie, who would you pick?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 309 (309 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Sil (new)

Sil (silviaa) I'm curious to see how many people end up picking the same person both for Sookie and for themselves as Sookie!

Here are my picks:

Best man for Sookie - Bill, of course, with Sam a close second. As a reader, though, I want the Bill/Sookie/Eric love triangle to continue forever and ever!

If I were in Sookie's shoes, I would pick - Total no brainer, Eric Eric Eric! Vampires are like a fine wine, they get better with age!

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) mmhmm. I want me a piece of Eric.

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Eric..no question. Yes he interferes in her life but he only does it cuz he wants her to himself and will do anything to keep her with him in some way. He's a macho pig at times but so are a lot of human guys!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments I think in the long run, if Sookie can fall in love with Sam, he'd be the 'right man' for her. She wants something resembling a 'normal' life and Sam is the one most likely to be able to give that to her.

Who *I* would pick in her situation... that's tougher. Eric is fling material. He'd be fun in the short term, but long term, too much politics. Same with Alcide.

If I were the kind of person who wanted no kids, I'd pick Bill. But seeing as how, I've always wanted Kids, I'd likely choose Sam. Its a tough call.

message 5: by Sil (new)

Sil (silviaa) Oooh I didn't think about kids, I'm sure Sookie would want the option if possible. Still, I can't see her with anyone but a vamp!

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) No doubt in my mind.....Bill! :)

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jessica wrote: "I think in the long run, if Sookie can fall in love with Sam, he'd be the 'right man' for her. She wants something resembling a 'normal' life and Sam is the one most likely to be able to give that ..."

I agree because at least he's alive and procreate. She might have a werechild on the first go but I can't see her minding that. Sam on the show is the Sam I envision in the books cuz he's so cute!

message 8: by Ranata (last edited May 13, 2009 01:00PM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jessica wrote: "I think in the long run, if Sookie can fall in love with Sam, he'd be the 'right man' for her. She wants something resembling a 'normal' life and Sam is the one most likely to be able to give that ..."

And I can actually see Eric settling down. Sure he'll still be the HVIC and it does affect her to an extent but I can see her handling his business practices. It's kinda like he's the president or the governor of a state or something, how could she not deal with that? LOL. I could never seen Sookie becoming a vampire but I don't see Eric ever asking her to be either. But again, Sam is usually my second pick after Eric because he's alive and she's attracted to him and him to her. She could still read his thoughts but since they aren't as clear as regular old humans, I can see this working for her. Sam would be my 2nd pick.

message 9: by Meg (new)

Meg Myers (megmyersyahoocom) | 29 comments Jessica wrote: "I think in the long run, if Sookie can fall in love with Sam, he'd be the 'right man' for her. She wants something resembling a 'normal' life and Sam is the one most likely to be able to give that ..."

I totally agree. I think sam and sookie have always been perfect for each other. I think sookie will eventually want a family and a vamp cant give her that...thats my rational thought....but i personally find eric a sexxy god, so i believe my limbido would fight my brain for him anyday.

message 10: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Eric is hot AND he's packing. What's not to love? I love him even more after reading Dead and Gone...

message 11: by Nicole (last edited May 14, 2009 07:21AM) (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
ERIC!! With some Quinn on the side. SORRY! I like to picture him as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in my head!

message 12: by Sil (new)

Sil (silviaa) The Rock for Quinn is a great way to put it, I could never quite picture him in my head. Every time he calls Sookie, "babe" made me shudder though, I don't know why!

message 13: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Erin wrote: "Gourmet Sex...."

Yes. Was that ever gourmet sex or what? I love Eric so much.

message 14: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) silvia wrote: "The Rock for Quinn is a great way to put it, I could never quite picture him in my head. Every time he calls Sookie, "babe" made me shudder though, I don't know why!"

I hate being called babe so that's why it annoys me when he called her that but I thought their relationship could have worked but she didn't really give him a chance. I know he has priorities but so do a lot people. Eric has major priorities but can still find time to spend with Sookie but I still feel like she gave a lame excuse as to why she dumped him.

As for Bill, this quote about sums up what he is to her (and me) "I didn't even mention Bill...I was so over that!"

message 15: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Nicole wrote: "ERIC!! With some Quinn on the side. SORRY! I like to picture him as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in my head!"

LOL! I totally picture Quin as the Rock!

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) He's either The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) or Vin Diesel. I can see Vin saying babe more than I can with the Rock. Either way, they need a big dude to play him.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I picture Quinn as Mr. Clean and that pretty much explains how attractive I find him.

I would obviously pick Eric for me and take you all on if you try to fight me for him.

I said that I wanted Eric for Sookie, but I can see the appeal in her ending up with a Were, because she seems to want a normal life, with eating food and having babies and all that. But, I will gag if I have to read about Sookie and Sam nookie. He's like a libido buzz kill for me. So, I basically hope she picks Eric, just like me, even if he's not perfect for her.

message 18: by Sil (new)

Sil (silviaa) Lori, I will now never be able to think of Quinn any other way *lol* I would prefer to think of Vin Diesel, but I'm not sure I can manage now!

I've just finished the 8th book and all I can say is "MAKE WITH ERIC SEX, WOMAN!" Because living vicariously through Sookie is my only option [pout:]

message 19: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Lori wrote: "I picture Quinn as Mr. Clean and that pretty much explains how attractive I find him.

I would obviously pick Eric for me and take you all on if you try to fight me for him.

I said that I wa..."

Lori! I am litterally laughing out loud and being stared at by my office mates! I am going to get caught being on the interet at work! LOL! It's totally worth it!

message 20: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments silvia wrote: "Lori, I will now never be able to think of Quinn any other way *lol* I would prefer to think of Vin Diesel, but I'm not sure I can manage now!

I've just finished the 8th book and all I can say is ..."

Eric makes it all better

message 21: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Lori, That is why I love Eric too!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

ohh leve Eric but i also Love Quinn......how about both

message 23: by Diana (new)

Diana Gligor (DianaGligor) | 2 comments Eric, Eric, Eric, no doubt about it...I don't like blonde guys, but I would make an exception for him, I really do believe it will worth the shot. :)

message 24: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments I am all about Eric! I love the other guys and that there is conflict of her choosing! But I love Eric! If I could have him for myself, I would!

message 25: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) silvia wrote: "Lori, I will now never be able to think of Quinn any other way *lol* I would prefer to think of Vin Diesel, but I'm not sure I can manage now!

I've just finished the 8th book and all I can say is ..."

If you want Eric/Sookie sex, hurry out and get book 9. WOW is all I have to say.

message 26: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lori wrote: "I picture Quinn as Mr. Clean and that pretty much explains how attractive I find him.

I said that I wa..."

I think Sam Sookie sex wouldn't be as hot as Eric Sookie sex but
Sam obviously doesn't have the appeal to me that Eric seems to. He's sexy, he's got pipe AND he can put it down. Bill could never handle Sookie like Eric could. I think Eric would be a good man to Sookie but people just see him as a boss, like no head boss could make a relationship work or something. IT COULD WORK, DAMMIT!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

oh no! i had a really good vision of Quinn in my head and now all i can think about is Mr clean.....so sad i dont think Vin Diesel would do it either (sigh) well at least i still have lovely Eric

message 28: by Sil (new)

Sil (silviaa) Ranata wrote: "silvia wrote: "Lori, I will now never be able to think of Quinn any other way *lol* I would prefer to think of Vin Diesel, but I'm not sure I can manage now!

I've just finished the 8th book and al..."

Eeee! It's on the way from Amazon. I cannot wait!!!

message 29: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Ranata wrote: "If you want Eric/Sookie sex, hurry out and get book 9. WOW is all I have to say."

I'm team bill all the way...but I was expecting more sex. We wait all this time and we get one scene?

message 30: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Erin wrote: "Oh yeah....The Rock would totally work for Quinn ;)"

I think the Rock and Vin Diesel are too...ethnic...to be Quinn. I know he's a tiger, but I was expecting Mr. Clean. I read somewhere that Kevin Durand (Keamy on Lost) was being cast as Quinn. I wouldn't say he's perfect, but I think he'd be ok.

message 31: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Evelynn wrote: "Ranata wrote: "If you want Eric/Sookie sex, hurry out and get book 9. WOW is all I have to say."

I'm team bill all the way...but I was expecting more sex. We wait all this time and we get one s..."

I'm okay with just one to be honest but I am really enjoying all this Eric talk. He's the theme it seems in this book.

and I just figured out what that package in Sookie's hand is on the cover! LOL.

message 32: by Meg (new)

Meg Myers (megmyersyahoocom) | 29 comments As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blonde bombshell(wether it be forever or just gone without sookie.... i dont really think that sookie can ever be back with bill....not because i think hes a a** but because you can tell so does sookie. Im a woman and trust me its all so true that we hold grudges... even if we "forgive and forget" everyone knows that theres always that little voice screaming in the back of your head saying that you can never completly trust... and with me thats half of the relationship. The whole quinn thing with me was the fact that everygirl has her one nighter.... quinn had way to much emotional and personal baggage for any one let alone our poor sookie.... if anything ive said it before and ill say it again... i think sookie will end up with sam.... for fact he's a shifter and she cant fully read him and second cauase she could actually have a family with him. Shes never going to see her great grandfather again... her parents are dead and shes stuck with jason..... who can never seem to keep his a** out of trouble. Eventually shes going to want to have a family. That is just what i think. In the newest book everyone is commenting on erics "lover" comment.... i agree its a bit cheesy but i agree its a sign of indearment also. Id pefer my love, but then again erics a vicking so maybe thats what they called their loves...lovers...who knows lol but any way thats my opinion.... does anyone have any other suggestions for a good read til we get to our next sookie chapter? Ive been reading a lot but im not getting what i want out of them like i do with harris's books..

message 33: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments I think I'm going to read the whole series...again. That should get me through until season 2 of True Blood. Then I don't know. There should be at least 6 months between the season finale and the next book.

message 34: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Meg wrote: "As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blonde bombshell(wether it be f..."

I agree with most of what you say. Sam is probably the best, safest option. I thought it was nice she thinking about Sam during her torture, but I guess she was thinking about everybody...

I was ok with eric playing a major role in this book, he definitely seemed more her partner and less a sheriff.

However, in the end it was bill that saved her...whatever eric's holdup. I think it's very significant that sookie rescued bill from torture and then bill saves her. Very Hamurabi. Maybe this puts them back where they were in book 2, or maybe it just makes them even.

Before I get a tirade of "bill got what he deserved" let's not assume that eric is totally innocent. He's done a lot of things to survive over the past 1000 years, and a lot more to rise to power. Who knows who screwed over.

message 35: by Sil (last edited May 16, 2009 11:07AM) (new)

Sil (silviaa) Evelynn wrote: "Meg wrote: "As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blonde bombshell(we..."

Oh but the things Eric has done to survive are part of the allure! I know it's a terrible thing to think, but the fact that he probably did lots of horrible things and now is playing (kind of) by the rules somehow makes it okay. What can I say, I love the bad boys!

About Bill, it seems to me, based on everything Charlaine has said up through Book 8 (and I haven't read 9 yet, so maybe I'll change my mind!), Bill didn't have a choice when his maker called. I'm not saying it's a good excuse, but I think Sookie is reacting more out of pain than reason. Not that I blame her, of course! However, if she's going to have a vamp as an SO, that's just something she has to come to terms with, just as she had to come to terms with the blood drinking and the no-going-out-in-sunlight.

message 36: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Meg wrote: "As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blonde bombshell(wether it be f..."

loved your reply but it's kind of spoilerish. I didn't know that about her great grandpa and Eric being...gone? OH NOES D=

message 37: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Ranata wrote: "Meg wrote: "As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blonde bombshell(we..."

I swore off this site while I was reading Dead and Gone...didn't want to take the chance.

message 38: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Evelynn wrote: "Ranata wrote: "Meg wrote: "As ive mentioned before that im all for eric and sookie walking into the sunset together....but i feel that due to his politics that were about to see the end to our blon..."

It's okay. I still don't know what lead up to those events you described so it's not really spoiled for me. Can't avoid them all although I do know a big one. I'm almost done anyway. Maybe less than a hundred pages to go so no worries. I kept hearing about Eric being gone. It breaks my heart. LOL.

I see her being with Sam. It's the perfect alternative. Besides, she'd age and Eric never would. I just read a book last year called Staked and he has an Eric and this Eric's former girlfriend in life has aged but is still very much apart of his undead life. She's about 80. It's weird. If you've never read it, I totally recommend it. I just ordered the new book! ReVamped

message 39: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Don't worry, Eric isn't gone. That might come later, but he's still around at the end of Dead and Gone.

Thanks for recommendation!

message 40: by Loren (new)

Loren (Giemel) | 3 comments i would totally choose eric for myself and sookie.
the sex with eric is wayyyyyy better than it was with bill or quinn.
i think i may be obsessed with eric.
i cannot wait for book 10 for when he explains why he could not come after her himself.
i just loved the way he said 'you are killing me' when she wanted an explanation towards the end of book 9
and i think her grand dad was referring to eric when he told her he is good and that he loves her as the grand dad arranged to meet her initially through eric so they have a history and considering faeries effect on vamps niall must trust eric.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

ok so watch this clip and then tell m how many of you just love Mr Northman,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcHZs...

message 42: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sandy wrote: "ok so watch this clip and then tell m how many of you just love Mr Northman,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcHZs...
"

OMG he's just SO DAMN HOT. I loved the little grin and the licking of his fingers. Wooo!

I just picture Eric as Jason Lewis (http://handson.provocateuse.com/image...) while I reading cuz he's hotter to me than tv Eric but tv Eric is growing on me, just like Anna Paquin as Sookie is.

message 43: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Loren wrote: "i would totally choose eric for myself and sookie.
the sex with eric is wayyyyyy better than it was with bill or quinn.
"

AGREED. Ten times better. He is the perfect sex partner. LOL. He knows exactly what to do and say at the time of sex. Best sex scene ever for me.

message 44: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Evelynn wrote: "Don't worry, Eric isn't gone. That might come later, but he's still around at the end of Dead and Gone.

Thanks for recommendation!"

I just finished so I know that now. I was like D= NOOOOOOOOO!! but I think he'll be around for longer. I love that they finally connected but I also love that there really isn't an explanation of if they are a couple or not. He said at the end and throughout that she was his woman and his alone but does that still make her his actual "girlfriend"?

message 45: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) I would totally choose Eric.

And that YouTube vid, I saw that posted on Facebook and when I saw him lick his fingers I about fell out of my chair...*mops drool off keyboard*

message 46: by Loren (new)

Loren (Giemel) | 3 comments ranata i think it makes her more than his gf as he basically asked her to move in with him and the only other person he has invited to his place is Pam and he asks her to stay with him as he thinks it is what all human females want.

i think she puzzles him more than anything.
but she is his as he is hers.
i also loved the part where he told her about the part in the curse that caused him to loose his memory and be near to her :)
i just think it is better than most romance novels.

message 47: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Loren wrote: "ranata i think it makes her more than his gf as he basically asked her to move in with him and the only other person he has invited to his place is Pam and he asks her to stay with him as he thinks..."

I got the feeling he mainly said that because she was in so much shit with the fairies. I don't think their relationship is clearly defined at all so I wouldn't call them anything but bed buddies at the moment.

message 48: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Angela wrote: "I would totally choose Eric.

And that YouTube vid, I saw that posted on Facebook and when I saw him lick his fingers I about fell out of my chair...*mops drool off keyboard*"

Agreed. That was so hot. LOL I loved the lick and smile.

message 49: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments Loren wrote: "ranata i think it makes her more than his gf as he basically asked her to move in with him and the only other person he has invited to his place is Pam and he asks her to stay with him as he thinks..."

I thought that scene was cheesy *vomits*. What a stupid curse - to be near your heart's desire and not know it. The more I think about it, this book fell off the bandwagon...or maybe I just expect more.

message 50: by Leana (new)

Leana (craftychick) | 123 comments Ranata wrote: "Loren wrote: "ranata i think it makes her more than his gf as he basically asked her to move in with him and the only other person he has invited to his place is Pam and he asks her to stay with hi..."

Ranata, I agree with you too. I felt like he offered that to Sookie because he thought that would make her happy since he was comparing her to other women instead of thinking what Sookie would really want. I wish Sookie would figure out she wants Eric and that she can't live without him! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7