Potterheads Unite! discussion

Classes > Transfiguration

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

In Transfiguration you will learn to turn objects into entirely different things. This class is taught by Fiona Ferell, Head of Hufflepuff House. She is a sweet-tempered little lady who is known to give out Ginger Newts at her class.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Hey, I'm glad we were not late! It was a close one!" Mel said to John.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis slipped into her seat, and pulled her wand out of the top-knot her hair was twisted into. It fell down around her shoulders, a mass of white-blonde curls. She held her wand tightly, and smiled as Professor Ferell walked into the classroom.
"Good morning, class!" she said, smiling warmly at the students. "Today we will be practising Transfiguring mice into boxes. The incantation is 'Cubarius Skitterium.' Please take a mouse from the box on my desk and begin."
Artemis went up to the desk with everyone else and took her mouse, then returned to her desk.
"Cubarius Skitterium!" she whispered. Nothing. She frowned, and tried again. "Cubarius Skitterium!"
This time, the mouse slowly grew, fur melting away and sides flattening until it became a small, round box made of white ivory, with a rose pattern engraved around the side.
"Beautiful!" the Professor smiled. "Each box will look different depending on who casts the spell- so while Artemis has an ivory box, others might have, say, a stone pot with runes around the rim. Now, keep trying, class!"

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2013 05:51PM) (new)

John rushed in "sorry I'm 'ate over stayed my 'elcome in the courtyard." He said in a exasperated tone.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

(Hey Mey Mey- please try to write in 3rd person!)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

(John went after Mel so he is late)

message 7: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments She walked up to the professors desk and grabbed a mouse. She whispered to John as she walked by his desk, "I feel bad changing all these mice into boxes.... I bet they are having heart attacks!"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis glanced up at Melania- and she wasn't the only one who overheard.
"Don't worry, dear- I reTransfigure all of them after class. They don't feel a thing," said Professor Ferell, and, as and afterthought, murmured an incantation and transfigured her own nose into a beak and back.
"As you can see, it's quite harmless."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

He nodded and grabbed a mouse and went back to the his desk.

message 10: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "That's good to know! I don't want these little animals to go berserk!" She sat down a little embarrassed, hoping her cheeks were not blushing.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Cubarius Skitterium." He said his mouse becoming rounded and flat it's fur turning into wood and it teeth a lock it was a rugged sea chest, " 'ere we go." He said.

message 12: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Cubarius Skitterium," I whispered quietly, so if my spell didn't work no one would know about my failure. The mouse turned very slow; it was so slow she was not sure the spell worked. As she admired her creation, she took notice to box's beautiful rose glossed cover. She gently touched the rhinestones on each corner accessorizing the rosy complexion of the box.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

He turned it back to a mouse "that was fun." He said.

message 14: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Melania flicked her wand and repeated the incantation, "Cubarius Skitterium." The charming box turned back into a mouse, much slower than before. She looked around the classroom admiring the kids perfecting the spell.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed.

message 16: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "That was easier than I thought it would be. Even though I love this class it can be difficult sometimes."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

He turned around to her "I agree." He said to her.

message 18: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments The bell rang loudly. She always hated the sound of a school bell; it was like an annoying duck constantly honking in your ear. "Well class is over, I guess I will see you around..."

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis smiled.
"The Professor says that we can try with kittens if we like."

message 20: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "HELLO, CLASS!" Rose came parading into class, wand in hand. She quickly murmured something under her breath, waved her wand at one of the students desk and turned it to a box, along with two books, and a chalk board. For her entrance finale she turned herself into a black cat and sat coyly next to her own black cat at the head of the class.

She turns herself back to, well, herself and sits down at a desk in the front, nodding to the professor. Rose was proud of herself, knowing that this was the class she was most skilled in. Plus she always loved making a scene!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

He sighed time "time go I suppose." He said.

message 22: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Well now that I got here in time for class to end, farewell everyone! If you need help in the class let me know! I'd be glad to help anyone having trouble in exchange for help in, well, just about every other class!" Rose said as she turned to leave class with everyone.

message 23: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Nice to see you Rose," Mel smiled, "even though it was only for a short time...," she briefly said as she passed by her.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Rose." He said as he passed her.

message 25: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 32 comments "Bye guys! Nice to see you to Mel!" Rose said as she left class to make her way to the common room.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

(Hey Rose, you can't become an Animagus yet! Please see the Animagi topic :D)

message 27: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Melania walked into the room and sat down right in front. She may not be good in this class, but she liked the teacher. Most importantly the teacher liked her.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

John walked into and sits down next to Mel after saying hello to the professor "hey Mel how are you?" John asked.

message 29: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Fine, and you? Oh, are we still on tonight for the thing?" She asked with excitment.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"You know it." John said and smiled.

message 31: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments She chuckled and remembered this was her last class for the day. "When is your last class today?"

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"This is my last one." John said and smiled again.

message 33: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Well then. We can do it after this class," she whispered.
((John, do you want to be the teacher? I stink at it))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

John nodded because the teacher was close.
((Yes I will gladly do it))

message 35: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Hello Professor Ferell," Mel said politely.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 17, 2013 11:33AM) (new)

"Hello Melania, now class today we'll be transfiguring cats to pillows, the spell is pulvino mutatio." Professor Ferell said.

message 37: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments Mel took out her wand and said the spell crisp and clean, "Pulvino Mutatio." Then her sweet, innocent cat, Louis turned into a plush orange pillow. She laughed.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"pulvino mutatio." John said his voice very clear the dark grey egyptian mau he had was suddenly a fine silk goose down pillow.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Very good Melania and you too John." Ferell said and kept walking around the classroom observing the others.

message 40: by Melania (last edited Jun 17, 2013 11:42AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Way to make me look bad, yours is silky and mine is just a orange pillow. I guess your cat is fancier than mine." She made a goofy face while elongating is.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"Depends on the cat mine was a mau a very sought after and well respected breed and yours was a tabby a common pet so in conclusion mine was of better quality because of a better breed." John said.

message 42: by Melania (last edited Jun 17, 2013 11:47AM) (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Wow...." She looked at her pillow changing Louis back. She talked to Louis in a baby voice, "I ams sorry this mean man offended you. You are a special cat don't listen to anything he says."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

John changed his pillow back "listen to me and you will succeed in life." John said and laughed.

message 44: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Oh yes!" She said sarcastically. "Whatever you say!"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

John again said the spell and started laughing.

message 46: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments She repeated the spell and turned her pussycat back and forth over and over again. Mel was bored waiting for the teacher to give the class another spell.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Now class the next spell is Tibiæ placere it changes cats into flutes." Ferell said.

message 48: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments "Tibiae Placere" Mel said. Louis sat and was not affected by the spell. Mel sighed and tried it again. She turned to John and asked, "What am I doing wrong?" She did the spell as John watched.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Try flicking your wrist to the right instead of the left Tibiæ placere." John said and watched as the mau started rolling up into a beautiful ebony flute.

message 50: by Melania (new)

Melania  (melaniaflitwick) | 4337 comments More dramatically she flicked her wrist and said the incantation. She watched her little tabby, Louis transform into a flute, the color of the the silvery moon.

« previous 1 3 4