This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

so not my week

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I just killed another kettle... It's half melted and black! Used to be all green and shiny, now the paint is pealing off and the whole place smells like burned plastic... Oh, how I hate myself.

I could use those brownies now. And make it, you know... Not the regular sugary crap, way too late for that.

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments In the US we have these things called "timers". You could probably order one.........

message 3: by Kasia (new)

Kasia A little late for that though... and it had a whistle on it... just it stopped whisting this time. And now it's dead.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Those" brownies? Which ones are those and what is the secret ingredient that will help you feel better after your folly? Pecans?

And what's with your kettle? Didn't it yell and scream at you when it was boiling? "AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!! THe pain! Take me off of the burner!!!!!!!!"

If you were too far away to hear its agonizing calls, then I'm not surprised that it burnt up. I leave my bath water running for too long at least once a week. It's retarded.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Cross-Post.

message 6: by Kasia (new)

Kasia You want to reward me with pecans after what I did? I was just hoping to get hammered and forget it all...

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Poor Kasia. Go get hammered. You deserve it!

Servius  Heiner polish tea kettle; plastic= GUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

shouldn't that be you know... something that doesn't melt. because yer.... you know boiling shit in it.

message 9: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Cannot be all metal, `cause then I'd burn myself each time...

I'm going kettle hunting tomorrow we'll see what's out there (I always have the electric one to fall back on but I don't like it...)

Servius Sextus Heiner wrote: GUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Laughing at my misery!!! So!!! Soo...!!!! ::speachless::

message 10: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I hear the styrafoam kettles are just terrific. You should try one out.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia You want me to burn and the whole house with me? What did I do?

message 12: by Kasia (new)

Kasia It feels wrong, it's plasticy and complicated... I just like the old fashioned stuff (though it does die on me like this from time to time).

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Well, it serves you right after you posted that pic of me chewing my cud!

Servius  Heiner Oh that lori... Sorry I thought she was focusing on my Jewish friend Lori.

Servius  Heiner p.s. we need to come up with different names for you two... I can't keep calling lori the jew. funny as it may be...

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori I thought I was your Jewish friend Lori?

Altho now that I think of it, could it be that COW was the other Lori?

For some reason, I'm not thinking so. Call me paranoid, why doncha!

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Lori wrote: "I thought I was your Jewish friend Lori?

Altho now that I think of it, could it be that COW was the other Lori?

For some reason, I'm not thinking so. Call me paranoid, why doncha!"

I think that creepy picture is supposed to be sheep. I'm not going back to make sure, though.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori Great. I'm one of the sheeple people.

Baaaaah.

message 19: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Haahahahahh! I'm glad I've got that one wrong... this is just too funny.

message 20: by Amanda (last edited Apr 21, 2009 05:27AM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) 10: hahahaha!

12/13: Kasia, there are metal electric kettles available. I have a Russell Hobbs one (it's about 8 years old, though--I don't think they make my particular model anymore). I'd like to think there's the perfect kettle out there, just waiting to be united with you in true love.

message 21: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Or you could just drink coffee, and thus avoid burning down your entire complex.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Well, that's just plain ridiculous!

message 23: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Hey, I'm indifferent as to whether she burns down her complex - I'm just making a suggestion.

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't understand. How long do you have to leave the kettle on the burner for it to melt the plastic handle??
I'm thinking cheap kettle.

message 25: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kasia, Nick said "polish tea kettle; plastic= GUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

He's not laughing at your misery. He's laughing at your PEOPLE.

message 26: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Now that's funny.

Servius  Heiner leave it to Kasia to miss the obvious, and Gretchen to point it out.

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments you're welcome.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) This one, Donna?

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) This makes me ridiculously excited!!! Does the lid get hot?
God, I really wanna boil some water now...

message 31: by Kasia (new)

Kasia See... I like to think better of people and I'm having hard time ignoring all the comments... you're not helping Gretchen!

And how long do you have to leave it?? I never timed it but at least hour and a half 2 hours.... First all the water has to boil out... then the paint starts getting black after that the handle and the whistle melts and the paint starts pealing off in big flakes. Did I tell you it smells bad, too? And there's smoke, king of...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a stainless steel kettle with a bakelite handle (sorta plasticish), but it has never melted. Many kettles have bakelite handles so that you can pick them up. It's handy.

I have lost two french presses, though. My friend gets out my french press, puts it on a burner and then lights that burner instead of the one that the kettle is on. Then it melts/pops and she doesn't buy me a new one. Then she lights her cigarette on the element, leaving a little crusty ring on there that burns up next time I turn the stove on, reminding me of how trashy my life is.

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I tried to find a new one a couple years back (to use for business purposes--mine still works great), but they weren't making them anymore. Not like that anyway. And not big enough to boil enough water for a whole pot of tea. Bummer. So we use plastic ones from Target for the business. And they've been working great so far! No complaints. And my water doesn't taste like plastic, which was one of my main concerns.

ramble ramble ramble

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) are you electric or gas, Rambo?

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) (Is it still called an 'element' when it's gas. Probably not. So, never mind.)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Electric.

Bunny, she's a great gal--really funny and fun. Just very irresponsible and scattered.

message 37: by Kasia (new)

Kasia BunWat wrote: "Hahaha! Yeah the lid gets hot. I think mine is older than yours, I got it about fifteen years ago. "

15 years!!!! I can't imagine that, I know mine have unusually short life span, but 15 years is a loooong time...

message 38: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Sorry, not to back this train up... but......

Am I the COW Lori? What Lori are you confusing Lori with? Should I be offended right now?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

No, Kasia posted a link to represent Lori. I think it was definitely the other Lori and it was actually sheep, so...you're cool!

I, on the other hand, was called an obstreperous cow by Doni, yesterday. I think it was a compliment, though.

message 40: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Adjective

obstreperous

Attended by, or making, a loud and tumultuous noise; boisterous.
In a sentence:The obstreperous mirth swiftly turned into yells of dismay.

Noisily and stubbornly defiant.

Synonyms(making a tumultuous noise): clamorous, noisy, vociferous
(noisily defiant): unruly

message 41: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) uhm.
yeah.
sure.
a compliment. I would think so too :P

message 42: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Montambo's strategy is an excellent one: When in doubt, flatter yourself. I applaud this wholeheartedly.

message 43: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) To be fair, i think Montambo flatters herself whether she's in doubt or not.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Do I really? Really? 'Cause I don't really think so.

message 45: by Kasia (new)

Kasia But that's a good thing, this way nothing gets to you... If everybody started doing this, there would be way less suicides.

message 46: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Montambo wrote: "Do I really? Really? 'Cause I don't really think so."

Don't flatter yourself, woman. You do.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Grrr!

Screw you guys! I'm going to go play with MiniAm or something.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I changed my avatar and "about me" for Doni and Tom. Take that!!!

message 49: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Montambo, something you should know about me. I am absolutely, fundamentally incapable of allowing a good straight line to pass. Well...sometimes i can let one go by, but it requres gritting teeth and clenching fists. I think it's genetic.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I like Tom, again.

« previous 1