Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Other Book Related Discussions > Currently Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,119 (1119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
It's very unhealthy for my To-Read list - but I have to ask the question because I'm always curious.

What are you currently reading?? Would you recommend it?? What do you like about it?? What don't you like about it???

message 2: by Shanon (new)

I'm currently reading La Vida Vampire I'm not too far into it but so far I'm very interested.

I just finished Magic Strikes and goodness it was great. It's the 3rd in Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels seires. I REALLY LOVE CURRAN! I think he's my fav guy I've found in all the books I've read.

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Apr 11, 2009 04:38PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 31 comments I am currently reading Rehearsal: A Different Drummer by L. K. Hunsaker

I am not liking it at all, though I am reading it because I was invited to be a reviewer by an author (of an ebook I won) so I jumped at the chance at free romances.

Hopefully it will get better because I am seeing this one through! lol

I am also toggling between A Babe in Ghostland (Pick it For Me! Challenge at Yz's group) and Phury's BDB book.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

right now i am reading Blood Ties Book One: The Turning (Blood Ties) by Jennifer Armintrout

i like it, its a easy read. i am loving the story. i cant wait to read the rest in the series :)

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess I just finished the darkest touch, and now I'm moving on to either Passion Unleashed or Tribute by Nora Roberts. I haven't decided yet which one. Oh and I also have The Man with the Golden Torc by Simon Green which I've heard interesting things about.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Jess, do you have any idea how to tell which Nora Roberts books are traditional romances and which are suspenseful romances? She's written so many books, and different books or series fall under different categories, but I don't know which. I have lists for what books are in what order in particular series, but not for wether they are suspensful, etc.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess I have no idea lol. I haven't read that much by Nora. I read the sign of seven trilogy which was a little paranormal, and there's another that starts with Morrigan's cross thats sort of paranormal and historical. Otherwise I'm not sure. Maybe on her website she details which are which?

I have her novel Tribute, but I have no idea if it's even part of a series lol. I just picked it up because I saw a lot of people talking about it being good.

message 8: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Apr 11, 2009 06:24PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I've got a shelf 3 deep in paperbacks... all by Nora Roberts. Most are in series, but some aren't. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a suspenseful romance, other times I'm not. Would kinda like to know the difference so I know what I'm getting when I pick it up. Guess I'll have to do more research. Sign of Seven trilogy is too new so don't have it yet. (I buy them used later as they're half off or cheaper.) Morrigan's Cross I have. It's the first of the Circle Trilogy, followed by Dance of the Gods and Valley of Silence.

I give up. lol I did some internet searching and most of her romantic suspense is classified under her "in death" series written as J.D. Robb. From what lil I know about them, they aren't to my taste. I know some of her regular romances written as Roberts, some are considered suspenseful romances but no idea which series.

message 9: by Trish (new)

Trish | 11 comments I am starting Stray by Rachel Vincent. This is a new author to me so I do not know what to expect. It is about the adventures of a female werecat.

I just finished Jackie Kessler's Road to Hell and LOVED it. It is the second in the series about a demon who "ran away" from her job in hell. It was a whitty and sexy little read.

message 10: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 35 comments Briansgirl,

I haven't read that much Nora Roberts except for her trilogies that have paranormal elements:

This would include Sign of the Seven, Circle (my favorite), In the Garden, and Three Sisters Island.

Here is a link in another group, where they have grouped all of Nora's books.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 11: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 35 comments Trish wrote: "I am starting Stray by Rachel Vincent. This is a new author to me so I do not know what to expect. It is about the adventures of a female werecat.

I just finished Jackie Kessler's Road to Hell ..."

Trish,

I love Jessie from Hells on Earth series. Of course, Daunaun, that bad incubus, is quite hot. You should really finish the trilogy by picking up his book, "Hotter than Hell".

message 12: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Apr 12, 2009 02:08PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Yz wrote: "Briansgirl,

I haven't read that much Nora Roberts except for her trilogies that have paranormal elements:
This would include Sign of the Seven, Circle (my favorite), In the Garden, and Three ..."

Thanks Yz. I posted there today and asked for help in seperating books/series by category. Doesn't mean I won't read them, but I'd like to know what I'm in for when I pick it up. lol Hate being surprised by time travel for instance if I wasn't expecting it.

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I'm reading two YA novels right now... both of which I'm enjoying immensely. I'm not sure if I Capture the Castle has too many fantasy elements, but it is great. The Amaranth Enchantment is a great fantasy so far and I was happy to get a third of the way through it today at work.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) After several less than wonderful fiction reads lately, some I had to force myself to finish and one non-fiction book I had to toss it was so horrible, it's nice to finally find a book that is compelling and intersting. I'm reading Jude Deveraux's new release Lavender Morning A Novel. I've only got 4 more days to read it before it's due back at the library but that won't be a problem. lol

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (ofearna) I started the new Rob Thurman book (Deathwish and have only one short story to go in Witch Fantastic

message 16: by Shanon (new)

I just finished La Vida Vampire. It was okay - far from the worst book I've read but far from the best either.

I'm starting Magic to the Bone. I picked it up because Patricia Briggs had positive things to say about it and the description looked interesting. I haven't heard much else about it & none of my friends have read it.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess I just finished Black Rose, the second in Nora Roberts In Garden trilogy. I'm also reading: Nauti Boy which is the first book in a trilogy. It's okay, I'm not that thrilled with it so far.

I am also reading The Secret Life of Bees. A little break from the PNR and romance genre. But it's a little depressing so far lol.

message 19: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Trish wrote: "I am starting Stray by Rachel Vincent. This is a new author to me so I do not know what to expect. It is about the adventures of a female werecat.

I just finished Jackie Kessler's Road to Hell ..."

Hi Trish,

I enjoyed both books. One comment about Stray, it reminded me of Bitten by Armstrong (cant remember her first name). The lack of female werewolves is a little hard to fathom, but still read first two in the series, and probobly will continue her series. rest.

Lily

message 20: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Shanon wrote: "I just finished La Vida Vampire. It was okay - far from..."

Dark Fantasy for sure. I liked it.

message 21: by Shanon (new)

Lily wrote: "Dark Fantasy for sure. I liked it."

I'll be reading the 2nd one as soon as I can get my hands on it. There's been too many times that I've seen people put down a series b/c they didn't like the first book but it gets much better after.

Hmmm... I would've categorized it as Urban Fantasy. I am horrible at telling the difference between the different categories though. Why Dark Fantasy???

message 22: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Lily wrote: "Shanon wrote: "I just finished La Vida Vampire. It was ..."

I was refering to "Magic to the Bone"Magic to the Bone ;-)

message 23: by Shanon (new)

AH - I'm really liking it too. There are slight similarities to other books but then I guess that's to be expected. I keep comparing it to Kim Harrison's the Hollow's series (one of my absolute favs) but yet it's not the same either. I think it's that Allie has a rough life - like Rachel. She's got money problems, housing problems, magic troubles, daddy issues.... poor girl!

message 24: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I am currently reading a couple books. Proven Guilty, Book 8 of the Dresden Files, and Fairyville by Lilith Saintcrow, one of my favorite authors. I believe this book is a stand alone book or first in a group. We'll see.

lily

message 25: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) OK, I am having a little tech difficulties. Part of my post is missing. I was saying Fairyville is by Emma Holly and this is my first book by her. The book is said to be paranormal erotica, Yum. Regarding Lilith Saintcrow, I am reading her stand alone book (I think) The Society. Sorry for the choppy posts. I am caring for my 3 month old grandson and when he fusses, I jump.

Lily

message 26: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Violet | 10 comments what i am reading now is moon fever it is anthology it is really good. really spicy at times but i like it. next i am not sure i have so many in my tbr so i guess it is miny moe time. i just finished kitty and dead man's hand. excellent book i love all of her kitty books. they are awesome.(carrie vaghn)

message 27: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I'm currently reading Iron Kissed and will probably start Cry Wolf after that.

message 28: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Green | 4 comments I am currently reading... nothing ='[
But I am about to start [book:Eternal|4936618] by Cynthia Leitich Smith.

message 29: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 44 comments Re. Nora Roberts - I Loved the Key Trilogy which featured celtic gods

message 30: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 44 comments I just finished The Flame by Jean Johnson and Dark Lover by JR Ward this weekend.

message 31: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I guess all of the books I am currently reading have some type of supernatural element (proves I belong in this group!) but the best so far is Day Watch, Sergei Lukyanenko's second book in a series after Night Watch A Novel. The first book blew me away and it's staying on my all time favorite shelf. I highly recommend it and the second book is so far just as good.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I got an AWESOME surprise in the mail today. A new pen pal sent me TWO NEW books today! Woohoo! So that was cool. I am currently reading ALOT, lol. But one I am enjoying is AT GRAVE'S END by Jeaniene Frost. It is book 3 in the Night Huntress series and I gotta say she turns up the heat even more between Cat and Bones. I love how the plot is developing and gets more interesting with each story.

message 33: by Shanon (new)

Kathryn wrote: "I guess all of the books I am currently reading have some type of supernatural element (proves I belong in this group!)"

And we love having you here!

I just finished Neverwhere - I loved it! I especially loved that it was an audiobook read by the author himself. Very Fun. I'm frantically trying to find more of his audiobooks as we speak. I'm thinking about signing up for Audible hmm...

Hey Kenjii - I need a penpal like that!

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan (ofearna) I found several copies of Charles de Lint's The Fair in Emain Macha (duo with Ill Met in Lankhmar) for $0.69 this weekend if anyones's interested...

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 4 comments Has anyone read the City of bones/ashes/glass books.
I've heard a few people talking about them.
Anyone got any thoughts on them??

message 36: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I have and I really enjoyed that trilogy. It has a little bit of romance, lots of action, some serious conflicting problems.. and well lots of paranormal elements. Definitely a Teen/YA read.

message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments I really loved City of Bones trilogy. It's one of my favorites. I found it to be humorous, and full of action and just enough romance to keep me going through it all.

message 38: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Laura wrote: "I really loved City of Bones trilogy. It's one of my favorites. I found it to be humorous, and full of action and just enough romance to keep me going through it all. "

I read the first one in the series, but haven't got the the following ones. I liked it but its been a while so I dont remember details. There are just too many good books coming out these day.

message 39: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Currently reading Iron Kissed and will start on Cry Wolf when I finish that one.

message 40: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Bah.. I already posted that... dummy me.

message 41: by Shanon (new)

Kristen wrote: "Currently reading Iron Kissed and will start on Cry Wolf when I finish that one. "

I started that yesterday too & am almost halfway done. I love the Mercy series.

message 42: by Shanon (new)

Shazzy wrote: "I'm just about to start Death of a Darklord by Laurell K. Hamilton, it has mixed reviews but we'll see."

I picked that up last month but haven't started it yet - you'll have to know how it is b/c I haven't heard much.

message 43: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Shanon, I'm hoping to finish it tonight! I haven't had a chance to pick it up too much, which kills me because this one really gets you involved from the start. I can't wait to read Bone Crossed. I've been borrowing all the books from one of my fiance's friends who loves the series as well.

message 44: by Mitabird (new)

Mitabird I'm currently reading Winter's Daughter by JC Wilder. It's book one in The Coven series. This is my first read by Wilder and I'm really enjoying it so far.

message 45: by Shanon (new)

Mitabird - I hadn't heard of that series yet but it looks really interesting. I've added it to my To Read shelf. Yet another series I want to get started on - maybe one day I'll catch up on all the books I want to read - HA!

Kristen wrote: "Shanon, I'm hoping to finish it tonight!"

Did you finish Iron Kissed??? I wasn't able to read much yesterday so I'm not much further along. I'm hoping to spend some quality time with the book today though :)

message 46: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Wow, that does sound good. I just added it to my to read shelf, 153rd I beleive. YIKES! I may be a little delusional.

message 47: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I thought I replied to you Shanon.. Guess I'm brain dead. I didn't finish it... hopefully tonight. Just spent too much time on goodreads instead of reading. Lol. My fiance is already joshing me about my new addiction to this website.

message 48: by Shanon (new)

Kristen wrote: "I thought I replied to you Shanon.. Guess I'm brain dead. I didn't finish it... hopefully tonight. Just spent too much time on goodreads instead of reading. Lol. My fiance is already joshing me abo..."

I completely understand... I mentioned to my husband that I need to get caught up on my scrapbooking and he told me I'd have plenty of time if I didn't get on G.R. HA

I finished Iron Kissed this morning and absolutely loved it. I loved that there was more about the fae & the ending, OH the ending :)

I'm going to start Rachel Caine's Chill Factor - it's the 3rd in her Weather Warden series.

message 49: by Mitabird (new)

Mitabird Shanon wrote: "I'm going to start Rachel Caine's Chill Factor - it's the 3rd in her Weather Warden series. "

This was my favorite in the series.

message 50: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Mmmm. Can't wait to get my hands on Bone Crossed! My fiance's friend is going to bring it for me on Monday hopefully.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23