This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate that there's no details about the US ship captured by pirates

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Fox news is now saying that the ship is back in the hands of the crew, one pirate is in custody, and the rest are "in the water." They also say that the ship was not armed and, presumably, the crew was not armed. Did the pirates just flake out, or was there ass kicking involved? I wanna know, dammit!

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Maybe they had a Steven Seagal character on board.

Servius  Heiner They could have used fire hoses to "push" them off the rigging when they were climbing aboard.

Think riot cannons

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) If i understand correctly-- i may not-- the pirates had actually taken control of the ship, and now they don't have control of the ship. In other words, i think there was a bit more going on than pirates being repelled by fire hoses. These pirates tend to carry some pretty serious weaponry too.

message 5: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Oh, they hijacked US ship now? Not so long ago they got one with polish crew. Somalia is just so much fun.

Servius  Heiner mmm, I think you are correct... But I still think fire hoses could have been used, the worse thing to happen on a ship is a fire, so every compartment has a fire fighting equipment. it might not sound very feasible but if the crew was trained in "what to do when X happens" they would probably use the fire system as a means of defense. Water at high pressure in close quarters can cause sever injuries. Where as projectile weapons (though always dangerous) are not really effective in sea vessels because of the cramped close quarters and confusing layout.

Servius  Heiner Ok apparently they were able to commandeer weapons from some of the pirates. But the captain of the ship was taken prisoner... on a plus side we have one of the pirates so we have an information lead.

message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments "These pirates tend to carry some pretty serious weaponry too."

True, but from what I've seen, many of them are kids.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments ANYBODY HAS A LINK GOD DAMN IT!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 08, 2009 11:07AM) (new)

http://www.google.com/search?q=pirate...

All I did was use Mother Google, who is supposedly your god, Fonz. Haven't you been going to the chapel, lately? Have you forsaken this god?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments too late i already finish reading it it took you too long to post!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments man what kind of pussy pirates are these?