The Selection (The Selection, #1) The Selection discussion

Does Team Aspen Exist?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Cara Okay, this is an honest question. Does anyone like Aspen over Maxon? Everyone I've talked to likes Maxon a lot better, but is there someone out there who's crazy in love with Aspen?

Katie Sure there are. And I'm sure we'll like him better once we learn more.

Cara Katie wrote: "Sure there are. And I'm sure we'll like him better once we learn more."

You're right there, I guess.

Sarah I like Aspen better

message 5: by Niki (new) - rated it 1 star

Niki I like Aspen better too but America is such a sad character that I hope she doesn't get Aspen.

message 6: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Aspen is way better than Maxon, I just feel like Apsen is more there for her than Maxon

message 7: by Olivia (last edited Mar 22, 2013 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia Aspen all the way!

Addie Aspen is a good guy. He just thought he was doing the best for America. I honestly like Prince Maxon better (he's my crush so...) but I'm sure people like Aspen because he's not bad, he's handsome and he cares for America, Maxon is just sweeter and way more cuter. Hehe.

message 9: by Yonina (new) - added it

Yonina When you think about it this way if America chooses Aspen, Maxon will still get one of the girls he like even if it is not the one he likes the best.But if she chooses Maxon Apsen life is literally over cuz he will have nothing to look forward to.And if he finds some one everyone he knows will want to marry the caste 2 not the true Aspen.He spend 2 years of his life loving her and thats only when they were going out.The book said that her liked her before that.I want her to choose Maxon but really Maxon may give America a lot of love but Aspen gave his whole heart, ventricles and all

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I definitely think that Aspen knows her better, and he made a mistake, but he was just trying to do the best for her really. Maxon is sweet and all, but for someone with America's personality, Aspen might be better. Maxon just doesn't seem as fun and personally I think Aspen and American's relationship is much stronger and passionate. I haven't decided whose 'team' I'm on, so we'll see when The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass comes out in a couple of days.

Ilana i mean, i'm sure there are folks that are team Aspen, but i'm Team Maxon still.

what i think though about this triangle that's a little different than others is that Aspen didn't come in with the knowledge that America was in love with Maxon or even had feelings for him, so in his eyes, he wasn't sabotaging anything. he was just in a place that he was assigned (he didn't choose to go to the palace or to be drafted) and he got assigned to guard America because Maxon thought that he was doing something nice.

i'm sure that we'll definitely get to know more about him, i just don't like him for what he implied at the end of The Selection. that he wasn't going to give up without a fight. it just makes me feel like he's going to be malicious, and make it known that he's been sneaking kisses or what not from America now that she's told him that she's going full steam ahead for Maxon.

Rachel Bittner I don't know which team I'm on there are good in bad in both of them( why can't there just be that perfect guy) America loved aspen since they basically meet and aspen is a lot more romantic and he knows America a lot more and hey you got to admit him getting drafted to the castle got to be some kind of fate and then theres Maxon I bet he is just as cute but he is shyer and that one scene when he commanded America to stop talking about Celeste and also he has a lot of stress on his shoulders ( but he's also rich and the prince) he might snap and I guess we will just have to see what happens in the elite......

Victoria YES I PREFER ASPEN EVEN IF MAXON IS MY FAV

Karla I think there will definitely be a Team Aspen once The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass comes out.

I thought that we didn't get enough moments with Aspen to really gain an appreciation for his character. And since we never got to see his relationship with America develop, he just comes off as an obstacle for the relationship that we DID see develop.

Things will change once we see more of him though, I think.

message 15: by Neige (new)

Neige TEAM ASPEN!!!!!! i don't really like Maxon. i think he has everything in life. aspen deserve to have America!!

Brittany Bardman Team Maxon! I know this post was made before the Elite came out, but I think that there is a Team Aspen. I still will do anything for Team Maxon, as I love Maxon dearly.

I think Team Aspen did and does exist, but not in as strong numbers as Team Maxon.

message 17: by Yonina (new) - added it

Yonina Now that i have read the Elite i really hope America chooses Aspen.The things that Maxon does in the elite are so dumb and selfish i actually lost braincells from reading his part.I honsetly could feel bad about Maxon getting beat because he was just so annoy, that he didnt feel real

Brittany Bardman So Team Aspen does exist, in smaller numbers, I suppose. Maybe because we don't see him and get to know him as much as Maxon.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like Aspen that much. If he was a little bit less, kind of, stalkerish and generally unlikeable, I suppose I would be on Team Aspen. I don't think I like Maxon that much either.

Brittany Bardman I think I will like Aspen more when his novella comes out in February. Kiera said he has a lot to say. I wonder what exactly she means.

Mariana They're a small ripple on the surface of the sea of Team Maxon.

Brittany Bardman Good way to explain it, Mariana! I agree with your explanation.

Mariana Brittany wrote: "Good way to explain it, Mariana! I agree with your explanation."

Lol! Thanks!

Kaleigh Ward You guys should go join the book club thing its called Book Addict, it's one of my groups. Just go to my profile to see!

Chayz Im 100% TEAM MAXON i love him soooo much but i have nothing against Aspen they both deserve America but i hope it ends where everyone is happy

Diana There shouldnt be...
(Answering the Q for topic)

message 27: by Diana (last edited Jul 16, 2013 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana Cindy wrote: "Im 100% TEAM MAXON i love him soooo much but i have nothing against Aspen they both deserve America but i hope it ends where everyone is happy"

Ditto

Now I just want The One to come out already!

Chayz me 2 im soooo excited

Laura Benitez Thanks God!! I thought I was the only person in the whole planet who like Aspen!!!

Laura Benitez Niki wrote: "I like Aspen better too but America is such a sad character that I hope she doesn't get Aspen."

totally agree.

Chayz i dont agree i think America is good with both Aspen and Maxon (better with Maxon)

Brittany Bardman I am all for Team Maxon.

Taryn Ummm... I haven't even read "The One" yet because I'm so mad at America for pushing Aspen away, so, what do you think? *SIGH* I just love Aspen. Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Maxon will end up with America because that's what the fans want.

Taryn Yonina wrote: "When you think about it this way if America chooses Aspen, Maxon will still get one of the girls he like even if it is not the one he likes the best.But if she chooses Maxon Apsen life is literally..."

Yeah... Maxon doesn't have anything to lose. Aspen loves America with his whole heart, he always has.

Nicole Team Aspen all the way

Taryn Nicole wrote: "Team Aspen all the way"

You said it. Aspen just seems BETTER for America

message 37: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 14, 2013 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jennifer Team Aspen here!!!! I'd have run off with him and left annoying Maxon behind! Aspen's like a 2 now too so he doesn't have to feel bad about bringing America's number down. I would not want to put up with Maxon, his dad, Celeste, and Kris and all that drama.

Taryn Jennifer wrote: "Team Aspen here!!!! I'd have run off with him and left annoying Maxon behind! Aspen's like a 2 now too so he doesn't have to feel bad about bringing America's number down. I would not want to put u..."

LOL... so true! And America's mother shouldn't even have to worry about Aspen's status now.

message 39: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae I think Keira Cass has done a bad job with the love triangle (if you can even call it that)! Although I prefer Maxon, I think America belongs with Aspen. In all honesty, Maxon deserves someone much better.

Jessica Goodman I like Aspen but I don't like Aspen as America's husband. Regardless of him being a six. He is not a strong man. Not in the physical sense but the mental. America is very quick-witted and a fighter. Aspen doesn't have an ounce of fight or rebellion in him thus far.

Taryn Rachel wrote: "I think Keira Cass has done a bad job with the love triangle (if you can even call it that)! Although I prefer Maxon, I think America belongs with Aspen. In all honesty, Maxon deserves someone much..."

Yeah... America and Aspen just seem like soul mates... if you could call it that. I mean, Maxon with America would be a disaster in the making

Vivian Phung Aspen and Maxon both suck but out of them if i had to chose it would be Aspen because hes better and Maxon is a cheating doofbag who can make up words and stupid America agrees .. But i have to say Maxon sounds like a good guy, he cares for people and he does his best he can even though he can be a bit crazy about cheating. I still have the thought in my mind of Maxon playing with all three girls mind thinking that they all are his favorite and wants to marry them .

So whose team am i on ? Idk i will chose what America chooses, its not like choosing a team made much of a difference in any book its just how the author wants to play out the roles.

Vivian Phung Taryn wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I think Keira Cass has done a bad job with the love triangle (if you can even call it that)! Although I prefer Maxon, I think America belongs with Aspen. In all honesty, Maxon deserv..."

true that

Emmagin Please no teams! I love them both! It's okay to have Two Princes... Tessa Gray taught us that ( The Infernal Devices )

Taryn Emmagin wrote: "Please no teams! I love them both! It's okay to have Two Princes... Tessa Gray taught us that ( The Infernal Devices )"

Yeah, well Tessa's two princess shit really pissed me off, so no to the two princes idea. A lot of people hate the idea of Tessa ending up with both of them, because it never felt like she even loved Jem the way that she loved Will. So... NO.

Taryn Vivian wrote: "Aspen and Maxon both suck but out of them if i had to chose it would be Aspen because hes better and Maxon is a cheating doofbag who can make up words and stupid America agrees .. But i have to say..."

I totally agree with the whole Aspen idea that you have going

message 47: by Lia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia Veron Team Aspen ,all the way!!!He's more of a man!I think Aspen is a kind of man,that when he loved he gives his all!he loves eternally,

message 48: by Lia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia Veron ASPEN IS HANDSOME,LOYAL AND KIND!AND AND! EXPERIENCED!HE IS A REAL MAN! Im not being defensive,JUSt sayin'the truth :D

Gabbie Rachel wrote: "I think Keira Cass has done a bad job with the love triangle (if you can even call it that)! Although I prefer Maxon, I think America belongs with Aspen. In all honesty, Maxon deserves someone much..."

Totally agree. (SPOILER FOR BOOK 2) America was really starting to annoy me when she couldn't make up her mind on who to choose and especially when she suggested the destruction of the caste system.

And all I learned from Aspen is that he reminds me of Gale from HG - angry with the government, strong-willed, and a little impatient (oh and he's the main character's first love).

Honestly, I think they deserve to be together. But if Maxon can bring out the side of America I saw and liked in the first book, then I hope Kiera fulfills what (it seems) every Selection reader wants. Personally, though I hate to say it because I LOVE Maxon, I think Kriss might be the best candidate.

Taryn Orli wrote: "I think Kiera writes a lot in favour of Maxon, which is why we all like him - plus, he's the typical good-boy, which is why we all love him - Aspen is written to be a lot more rebellious and bad, a..."

I can't help but like guys like Aspen and Gale. They're always so passionate about anything that they set their minds on.

« previous 1