YA & TEENS BOOKTALK discussion

What are the 3 worst books you ever read?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sandrapierce) | 80 comments Mod
My worst books i ever read, and i think i didn't even finish some of those, are:

Revived by Cat Patrick Worst book EVER
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater ( will have to re-read this because i seem like the only person who hates it)
The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

And i know i said 3, but i feel like i just have to put it out there for everyone to see, that i hated this book too
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

message 2: by Allie (new)

Allie (AllieBlond) | 34 comments Revived by Cat Patrick This was my worst book too
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Didn't finish it, i got half way through and i just couldn't stand it anymore.
The Secret Circle The Initiation and The Captive Part I (The Secret Circle, #1-2) by L.J. Smith I loved The Awakening & The Struggle, so i was very disappointed when i hated the Secret Circle, because i ADORE L.J Smith. Her books were the ones that got me into reading for my own pleasure.

message 3: by Wendy (last edited Mar 16, 2013 01:22PM) (new)

Wendy (ownway) | 1 comments The whole book I was just thinking 'Can it get any worse?' and 'No. No, Wendy. You can't throw your Kindle out a window. It was expensive.'
I couldn't finish this book. I just couldn't. The writing was so bland and try as I might, I couldn't find anything good about the book so I just stopped reading.
And then there's this charmer. A lot of people love this book. I can't fathom why. It is terrible. It pissed me off with lack of research right at the beginning and then everything just went downhill from there: bad writing, bad story line, terrible and flat characters... this book had it all.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

A Witch in Winter This one is bad. The story isn't half that bad but the characters were just horrible!
The Hollow awful, horrible, boring as hell. 99% was all about a girl crying over her dead friend when the book is classified as paranormal. Well that paranormal aspect only came in the last chapter!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 6 comments The Vampire Diaries- seemed really bland to me.
Circle 9- horror story, that basically the only good things that happened in it were in the main characters head.
Promised from the Birthmarked Trilogy, which made the main character weaker than ever.

message 6: by Cassiopeia (new)

Cassiopeia (misscassiopeia) | 5 comments shiver--maggie stiefvater
witch & curse--nancy holder
across five aprils--irene hunt

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassiopeia wrote: "shiver--maggie stiefvater
across five aprils--irene hunt"

WHAT?! I loved Shiver! :( Its my favourate book. I guess Maggie's writing is pretty different and unique

message 8: by Cassiopeia (new)

Cassiopeia (misscassiopeia) | 5 comments Salima wrote: "Cassiopeia wrote: "shiver--maggie stiefvater
across five aprils--irene hunt"

WHAT?! I loved Shiver! :( Its my favourate book. I guess Maggie's writing is pretty differ..."

all of my friends loved it too and i tried so hard to like it but its just not for me. i mean i liked it at the beginning. so far it is one of my least favorite werewolf book.

message 9: by Mybookishreads (new)

Mybookishreads 1. Uses For Boys Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt
2. Beautiful Creatures Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia
3. Thirst Thirst No. 1 The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) by Christopher Pike

message 10: by Gabrielle (last edited Mar 31, 2013 03:38PM) (new)

Gabrielle | 6 comments 1. Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann I couldn't get past the bad writing.
2. The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Could not take this book seriously.
3. Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia I had to force myself to finish this.

message 11: by Wan (new)

message 12: by Vero (new)

Vero | 5 comments Hmmm...
Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski - this was a sexual obsession, not a book -.-
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins - I don't know why I hate it so much, but I do it.
Chosen (House of Night, #3) by P.C. Cast - Zoey's behavior was... no comment x.x She wants to be with all boys in her way. Seriously.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ann The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2) by Thomas E. Sniegoski This book sucked. Talking dogs? really?
Fury (The Fury Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Miles I just couldn't finish this book. It was boring.
Swoon (Swoon, #1) by Nina Malkin Worst book I have ever read.

message 14: by Shay (new)

Shay | 3 comments Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast just the story was so very annoying,I barely made it through the first book.

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater I can't get past the second page.

Crave (The Clann #1) by Melissa Darnell soooo much kissing!

message 15: by Jonida (new)

Jonida | 1 comments Sarah wrote: "The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2) by Thomas E. Sniegoski This book sucked. Talking dogs? really?
Fury (The Fury Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Miles I just couldn't finish this book. It was boring.
Swoon (Swoon, #1) by Nina Malkin Worst book I..."

I totally agree with you on The Fallen and Leviathan. Soooooo boring. Can not believe they based a series on it. Ughhhhhh

message 16: by Romana Hladká (new)

Romana Hladká | 1 comments Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison I really didn't get this book...It had potential, but the story completely killed it...

A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) by Jocelyn Davies All things in this book I already read somewhere else...

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen I expected way more from this book, but it was SO boring...

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashcuesta) | 1 comments 1.Beautiful CreaturesI made it halfway into book 2 and gave up

2. The Girl with the Dragon TattooI have yet to finish this book after picking it up 8 times & getting 250+ pages in

3. Radio Iriswords can not express the hate I have for this book

message 18: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail | 15 comments ok just let me say some of u guys r crazy but my worst three are:
1. Matched series- i just hate these cus i just found them bland
2. Asunder by jodi meadows- i loved the first one but this one was just sooooo boring!
3. I dont have a third :)

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan | 6 comments Mod
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey

Touch (Denazen, #1) by Jus Accardo

message 20: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2 comments 1. Stalk Me
2. Siren
3.Delirium

message 21: by Jessica (last edited Jul 04, 2013 10:35AM) (new)

Jessica Mooney (jessmoo) | 3 comments Fifty Shades of Grey
wanted punch girl for falling for his shit ..
The Bringer
just so slow
Red Flags
i hate possesive character trying rule girl

message 22: by T.J. (last edited Jul 04, 2013 10:12AM) (new)

T.J. | 6 comments The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell Too weird and blah and I hated the end. Nothing was complex, it was too si,ple and lame.

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel Way too slow and just downright creepy.

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater lots of unnecessary parts that I had to skim most of it.

message 23: by Huda (last edited Jul 04, 2013 02:11PM) (new)

Huda (requiemofdawn) | 8 comments 1.Evermore

2.Beautiful Creatures

3.Crescendo

All of them got on my nerve.

message 24: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 3 comments Beautiful Creatures for sure. I had to force myself to get through it.

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mooney (jessmoo) | 3 comments Fifty shades of grey :had stop couldn't finished it so .., damn awful .

Hired girlfriend : the writing felt like was written by 12 year old and it just so stupid. Also did not finished it .

Fallen crest high book 2 : the main character just seem completely different from first book just seem too much drama and over reacting just was awful second book .. It just killed it I had Skip few pages.

message 26: by Elenita (new)

Elenita | 1 comments 1 - Twilight
2 - Midnight Sun (I think Edward's version is even WORSE).
3 - Fifty Shades of Grey

message 27: by Ayesha (last edited Aug 13, 2013 04:09AM) (new)

Ayesha | 1 comments City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
The whole world seems to love these books but I hate them.

message 28: by Huda (new)

Huda (requiemofdawn) | 8 comments O.O
i love city of bones!