Fandoms, Ships and Fangirling discussion

Arthur Conan Doyle
This topic is about Arthur Conan Doyle
Books > Sherlock Holmes

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elevetha , The Whole Damn Time (new)

Elevetha  | 1717 comments Mod
Here you go, Johanna!

SHERLOCK AND WATSON: The Original Stuff.

message 2: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments Thank you Elev! :D <3

Just wondered what you guys have to say about them :) I've read the first one, and I'm currently reading A Sign of Four. Enjoying them so far :].

message 3: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I'm actually going to read A Study in Scarlet after I finish my library books, I can't wait!

message 4: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments It's awesome! I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it :)

message 5: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Chronic Mulitshipper (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 100 comments Mod
I read a study in scarlet and the sign of the four and I'm a good way into the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and loving it!

message 6: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Chronic Mulitshipper (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 100 comments Mod
Too much to read, too little time :)

message 7: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "Too much to read, too little time :)"

I have that quote ^^.

@William, you should get round to it xD. It's definately worth reading.

I just finished A Sign of Four ... and I'm making myself read some other books before reading the next one ... does anyone know what comes after A Sing of Four ... ?? In the collection I have it's The Hound of the Baskervilles, but I don't think that one is next in the original order ... :/

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) I really want to read A Study In Scarlet, but I can't find it in the library. I LOVED The Hound Of The Baskervilles. Just a thought, is there an Anderson in A Study In Scarlet or is that something that's only in the BBC version.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) ?*

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I think A Study In Scarlet is free on the Kindle if you have one.

message 11: by johanna (last edited Mar 21, 2013 06:20PM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments βιβλιοφάγος (a.k.a. Cat) wrote: "I think A Study In Scarlet is free on the Kindle if you have one."

Ooh :D. Lol I don't have a Kindle ... but I used to have books on my iPod (before I lost it). I wonder if it's free on iTunes too o:

:3 I'm probably getting the Complete Sherlock Holmes for my birthday :)

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) GASP! Jealous! I've got that from the library but it doesn't have A Study In Scarlet. I don't have an ereader, but I'll have a look on iTunes.

message 13: by Flor (new)

Flor | 13 comments I TOTALLY love Sherlock. I've read a study in scarlet, the sing of four, and a lot of the short stories but I reaaally recommend the hound of the basckerville

message 14: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments @Emily: Ugh, I'm not getting it for my birthday anymore xD But I might buy it myself P: I've ordered a version from the library to have a look at it. Oh, really? Was it this one that you have at your library? The Complete Sherlock Holmes? It says that it has all 4 Long stories and all 56 short ones, or something, including A Study in Scarlet.

message 15: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments @Flor That is awesome!! :D I've read the first two, but I've gotta wait for the library book before I can read the next one ... which is The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, I think (: Really? Everyone's been raving about The Hound of the Baskervilles, but I CAN'T wait to read it! It sounds excellent :3 I'm looking forward to it :)

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) Hound Of The Baskervilles is definitely the best SH book I've read so far. (view spoiler)

message 17: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments Oh, man, those spoilers are so annoying >.< I always look at them, even if I know I'll regret it :P. Oh, okay! :D Stop making me impatient! DX Hopefully I can get the book from the library sometime tomorrow ... but tomorrow is taking too long to come >_<

xD

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) I think there's something in everybody's brain that when you see the word 'spoiler' it takes over your hand and makes you click on the spoiler.

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) This is the one I have from the LIB at the moment. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76...

message 20: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments Oh, nice (:

message 21: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 616 comments Neither. It's just . . . *mindblown*

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Some of my favorite books of all time! I love me some Sherlock :D