Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) Thoughtless question

Should I read? Should I pass?
Christine Christine Mar 10, 2013 11:25PM
I've been trying to decide whether I should read this book (series) for like a week now.. The summary/plot seems interesting and I love the whole rockstar angle, but I'm seriously lost. The reviews are completely scatted; some people absolutely love it while others hate it. And now I don't know if I should give it a go. I'm completely into the NA genre and I just finished reading Searching for Neverland and Forever My Girl and I fell in love with them, but now I need a new book to read. And if this isn't the greatest of series, then any new suggestions? Please! I'm traveling for 2 weeks and really need to stock up on books!

I would pass but I noticed you are currently reading it. Curious to know what you think once you are done. Personally, I belong to the group that hated it.

PASS PASS PASS PASS

This book will totally beat the crap out of you emotionally and royally piss you off at time, but what an AMAZING bittersweet story. You will completely fall in LOVE with Kellan (he's my all time FAVORITE BBF) and you'll totally want to smack the crap out of Kiera, but don't not read this book because of the negative reviews. S.C. Stephens is a wonderful author who has a gift of bring her characters to life. Even if you don't totally love this book, read Effortless and Reckless, you won't be disappointed.

I would read it...that being said everybody has their own opinion of the book...I actually loved the book, granted Kiera can definitely pluck your nerves & leave you screaming WHY,WHY,WHY so many times, but when you read the entire series you really get to see the growth in the characters & then she doesn't really bother you as much & you actually get WHY,WHY,WHY...Kellen Kyle alone is enough for me to say read this book & the next (2) as well.

Well there cheating in the book. I absolutely HATE reading about that

Having a tough time with my next choice. These days its a big decision "what to read next". I'm more than half way through Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3) by J. Kenner and I've picked Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens as my next one. But the reviews go both ways. Half hate it, other half love it. Oh what to do, what to do?

Yes Yes Yes, you must read this book. It is brilliant, I have just finished reading the 3rd and final book in the series and I loved it.
I have recommended the book to a few friends and work colleagues and they all really enjoyed it. I couldn't put them down.
If you are stocking up on books, some of Abbi Glines books are good too. The Vincent Boys & The Vincent Brothers are great and so is Fallen to Far and Never to Far.
Enjoy your travelling and book reading!!

Finally broke down and decided to read Thoughtless.. Good book but.. I can't explain how hard it was for me to finish that book.. I loved Kellan's character who won't love a guy out right in love with someone but Kiera drove me nuts throughout the book.
Now I have Effortless and I can't seem to want to read it past the first few pages..Again Kiera is driving me nuts already :(.
Started reading a few other books instead. Hopefully I can start on it again maybe in a few weeks.

Definitely read.
A fantastic trilogy
X

You should really read this one.. Very complicated but if you really understand each character you will never hate them. I learn a lot this story well what can I say temptation goes around but you will learn from all mistakes they had in the story.. I just read it and I'm on a 3rd book now.

I HATE cheating..but I fell in love with these books. This author has a way of shredding your heart to pieces and making you love it at the same time. I found myself asking..what would I do? I would have the hardest time choosing and letting one of them go..I can barely choose lunch let alone choose between two amazing men. A horrible scenario..hated Kiera but also sympathized with her-it's a fine line lol. And she does mature in the next two books :) Totally worth it.

pass. .

Must read... It's a beautiful book and i am sure you will love Kellan.. I will never let such a lovely book to pass

Yes read it. Its a total emotional rollercoaster but worth it, hang in there. It will drive you crazy.

k Apr 03, 2013 12:19PM   0 votes
Pass. In my opinion it's not that good. It's the same drama over and over. The characters aren't likeable in my opinion. I hated Kiera. I hated Kellan. I felt bad for Denny to an extent, and I didn't like her friends either. I hated her sister and her romance storyline. It's all about cheating, lies, etc. No on is faithful in these books other than Denny! Haha. The story drags with the same storyline. Kellan was a horrible friend to Denny. Kiera was an awful girlfriend to Denny...I just thought it was badly done. Don't get me wrong it had it's moments, there was the airport scene which I thought was sad and well written, but I just couldn't finish the series, I skimmed the last two I was so bored with them. I prefer the Slammed series. Have you read that?

I struggled with my decision to read it too. Everyone kept telling me "it's awesome!" or "You'll LOVE Kellan!" and stuff like that. Then a friend loaned it to me and I had no excuse to not read it. I personally didn't care much for it. It was an alright story but it just seemed to go on and on and on. And it was the same crap over and over with those two. It was all drama/angst all the time. It was just too much for me. I'm glad I decided to read it- if only to be able to discuss it a bit more with the friends I have that do like it. However- I won't be continuing the series. (I personally think this book doesn't even RATE having a series-but that's just my opinion)

I loved this series and I own all 3. So I say read away. I dont know why so many people hated it or hated Kiera because I can see myself in her shows and I felt for her even though yes as the outsider I often got mad at her. But in her place I would have been just as torn for the same reasons as she was.

DEFINITELY READ!!

Read it and form your own opinion. I loved all 3 books and could not put them down. So much angst, so little time :). I fell in love with Kellan and grew to understand Keira.

J (last edited Mar 25, 2013 12:12PM ) Mar 25, 2013 12:12PM   0 votes
Definitely read it!!! I am done Thoughtless and I'm 80% done Effortless (I plan on finishing it tonight!). I can't wait to see how it turns out and to start Reckless. It's an absolute roller coaster, but I LOVE the books. And whoever said they picture Jared Leto as Kellan is absolutely on point. HOT.

Personally I hated this book. Lol I just wrote a scathing 1-star on it, so I'm still fired up! I personally hated the heroine, but for some reason a lot of people liked her. The book glorified infidelity among other things, in my strong opinion. :)

Totally PASS!! I hated this book with a passion! The characters annoyed the heck out of me, especially Kiera! Don't waste your time like I mistakenly did!!

Jennifer I loved the whole series. I would recommend to read it.
Jul 07, 2013 11:41AM · flag

I wouldn't bother reading this book. It's awful! I didn't even finish the book, which I've never done before.

Amazing book, don't miss this series

yes it's worth reading if you love drama & emotional turmoil. It's not your typical fiction novel. One of the most nerve wrecking book, i read so far. You might want to read it after a good hilarious book though. I stop half way through because it was too much for me, and finished it off a week later but i'm glad i did.

I guess it depends on your taste in books. At first I didn't think I would like it when I read the blurb on it, but once i got past the hard part, I flew through the book and couldn't wait for the next one. So I say READ it! I couldn't stand Kierra in the first book, but I fell in love with Kellan Kyle by the second book! LOVED IT!!

I liked the first book and loved the second and third book, I think the writing is great and the story just grows and grows...what did u think of it?

deleted member Jul 12, 2013 10:55AM   0 votes
it worth reading. I enjoyed it. I couldnt put it down,not sure why so many people didnt like it. maybe the book was too close to home.

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I agree.. I think the 1st book the whole trilogy really hits close to home for many. But I think that's what I loved most about it. I love the growth ...more
Jul 12, 2013 06:34PM · flag

I'm on the fence about it. I read it, loved the ending but hated the rest of it. Kiera got on my nerves the entire book and by the time I was on the last chapter I was ready to be done. I skipped book two and read from the half way point to the end of book 3. It's not something I would ever read again. Kellan is awesome and I feel for him instantly. He makes it worth it I guess. Some love it, some hate it. I still haven't completely decided which side i'm on yet.

I held out on reading this series until a few days before Reckless came out. The angst that the first book puts you through is agonizing. But I'm so glad I read them. I'm also glad I waited until all three books were out so I didn't have to suffer thorough waiting for the next books. I say give them a read and judge for yourself.

I would definitely read it - I'm so glad I didn't take on board the negative reviews & read it for myself. I found it amazing :)

Peggy (last edited Mar 13, 2013 06:04PM ) Mar 13, 2013 06:02PM   0 votes
I waited till all 3 books where out to start reading the series. And I unfortunately bought all 3 before I started reading them - on the rec of a friend and the reviews here. I am struggling through them now. It literally took me almost 2 weeks to read the 1st 2 books. That is a LONG time for me. And, now I am struggling through book 3 and am only 10% in a week of reading - I pre-bought so had on publish day. I just strongly dislike Kiera as a character. Ugg, so selfish. And odd that she blushes at EVERYTHING! Come on, you can sleep with 2 guys in one week but you are ganna blush over a barely off color joke. Anyway, Kellan is the only reason that I can read these books - in a few pages at a time, lol.

Yes, read it. I was turned off by the cheating too but by the second book you see maturity in Kiera.

And maybe this is just me but whenever I see people THIS hyped up about a book (wither it is possitive or negative) I HAVE to read it.
So read and hate\love it with us. :)))

Pass....hate it!

PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm surprised so many people didn't like it, I couldn't put Thoughtless down. I must admit that Kiera needed to make her decision instead of stinging them both along but I loved the storyline. Effortless and Reckless were just as good. When you get to the end of Thoughtless you wonder where the story will go next but the other two books still managed to keep me hooked!

deleted member Mar 13, 2013 05:34AM   0 votes
I just started this yesterday and I am struggling..... after all the reviews though, I think I have to power through to get to book 2 and 3!

All 3 books had me hooked, to be honest I think the first 2 books are the best. I agree with what some others have said about Kiera, she is quite frustrating at times, but the book wouldn't have been as exciting if her character had been different. It's all part of the story!

Paw (last edited Apr 09, 2013 01:40AM ) Apr 09, 2013 01:40AM   0 votes
This book is DISGUSTING!
what good could you get in this?
the biggest regret is wasting my time and effort in this kind of book.
too much description of the characters and i was like.
"YEAH! okay, okay, i get it, youre over reacting! DUH!"

(view spoiler) !!!!

description

deleted member Apr 05, 2013 03:51AM   0 votes
PASSSSSS I hated it it kept on and on and on with the drama and cheating but I mainly hate kiera she acts like she is so sweet and shy but the truth that she is a devil and she hurt both denny and kellan besides she blush too much I thought she was a Tomato however i give it 3 stars but it wasn't for the book actually it was for my time that I waste reading it but then I thought i'm not fair so I start reading effortless because people told me kiera become more mature So I start it and didn't finish it was the same drama and how they don't trust each other so whatever it's just my opinion oh and hey did anybody notice that everybody was smacking everybody especially kiera she kept smacking kellan I was like poor Kellan I'm sure his skin is red now hhhhhhhhhhh anyway I didn't liked it but it's just my opinion

So frustrating...but so worth it!!!

i loved the whole series, the first one and last one were my favs, there were times in the second one where i got really irritated at both characters for their stupidity, but i fell head over heels for Kellan Kyle. its a definate must read!

Christine wrote: "I've been trying to decide whether I should read this book (series) for like a week now.. The summary/plot seems interesting and I love the whole rockstar angle, but I'm seriously lost. The reviews..."

Christine, when the reviews are either Love or Hate, and ur on the fence on reading it or not, I say read it. It usually works out best for me. More often than not, I end up liking what I've read. and if I don't then hey at least now I know for myself.

If u do decide to read this book/series then keep in mind its a 3 part story. Ur not gonna get the full effect by just stopping at book 1 if it's not ur fave. The layers of the characters & their story unfolds over the course of the books not just in 1 particular book itself. If that makes sense?

I love the trilogy & how it ended. It does seem that a lot of people loved book 2 & 3 but hated book 1. Me? I loved book 1 & 3, book 2 was not my fave it was just alright to me but it's essential to the story :)

It's a matter of taste, look at what types of books the reviewer likes. I am a hopeless romantic and although I was not happy with the price I purchased it. I read the book in one day, couldn't put it down, couldn't read fast enough. I am now reading Effortless.