Start by marking “Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1)” as Want to Read:
Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1)

Forever My Girl

(Beaumont #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  45,412 ratings  ·  3,123 reviews
I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I've poured my soul into my music, but I've never for
Published December 27th 2012 by Bandit Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Forever My Girl, please sign up.
Listener You can watch the trailer here.
You can watch the trailer here.
A lot of things are different in the movie. Kind of disappointed. I don't think I want to see it.(less)
Thorey Ellis It is the first in the series. It is fine to read alone though.

·  45,412 ratings  ·  3,123 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

4 - 4.5 stars.

Forever My Girl is a beautiful YA rockstar romance about the heartbreak of mistakes, the power of forgiveness, and the hope of a second chance at love.

I’ll be perfectly honest, when I first read the blurb for this book, I squeed right out loud. I mean, a second-chance rockstar romance? What’s not to love?

Here’s the blurb, I’ll let you fall in love with it all on your own:

Dija
Dropped at: 51%

Reason: None of the characters act their age (the adults act like immature teeangers and the kids like wise grandparents), the dialogue is contrived, Josie's mood swings are beyond annoying, and Liam is a drama queen. Also, don't get me started on the editing mistakes.

I couldn't care less where this is headed.
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
***THIS REVIEW IS POSTED AT MY SECRET ROMANCE***

4 SECOND CHANCE STARS

“I know she hates me.

I hate me.

I ruined her life. That is what her voice message said. The one I've saved for the past ten years. The one I've transferred from phone to phone just so I could hear her voice when I’m at my lowest. I can recite every hateful word she said to me when I was too busy to answer and never found the time to call her back.

Never found one second to call and expla
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Yep, I gobbled this up in like twenty-three seconds. You’ll have to excuse the side effects that are occurring thanks to my gluttony . . . .

Like I said yesterday when my turn at the library finally came around: I DON’T EVEN CARE. This was EXACTLY what it was supposed to be. Nicholas Sparks-y and whoopsie baby that dude didn’t know about and second chance romance where the female lead is all . . . . .

And dude is a tattooed superstar
Heidi McLaughlin
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I may just be a wee bit biased :)
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance

'I need to know if she’s moved on, I hope that she has. How many kids does she have and what does her husband do for a living? I only hope he treats her better than I ever did because she deserves it and so much more.' ~Inner monologue of Liam

Photobucket

'I thought for sure we’d spend forever together. I thought our love was one of a kind. I would almost be okay if he had met someone else and fallen in love, but he didn’t. He just left. He
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Ugh. I did not like Liam. I did not respect or relate to Josie. The characters were not fluid and the writing was really disjointed.

Also, the way things unfolded did just not ring true for me. Liam up and left the so-called love of his life without a backward glance and doesn't come back until his friend dies. And suddenly all this stuff comes back that he's been feeling all this time? And the way Josie responds? No, I'm sorry. Not a fan.
Jenny Levine
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Arms of a stranger, a warm blooded kiss, trying to fill the void, of the one that I miss.
Perfume whispers, lashes and lace, but I can only hear your voice, I’m so out of place.
All these painkillers, that’s all they are.
Painkillers.”

Liam and Josie were HS sweethearts.
He's a quarterback and captain of the football team.
She's a cheerleader.
They were the poster kids for romance throughout the town.
Everyone knew they were together and nothing was going to break them up.
And they're certain they
Paula
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Forever My Girl is a beautiful, captivating second chance love story. This story broke my heart, made me laugh, made me cry, made me smile, and, when it was over, sigh with happiness. This is a highly impressive debut novel by Heidi McLaughlin.

When Liam left ten years ago to pursue his dreams to become a musician, he left everyone behind, including the love of his life, without an explanation. Liam and Josie were high school sweethearts. They had their whole lives planned out together. But, of c
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
2.5...I went with the hype and I was disappointed. Ugh! Hate when that happens. With that being said...

I liked the concept of the story. Helllooo...guy leaves girl, guy realizes his mistake and tries to win her back while she has secret from said guy...I've read plenty of those and wanted to see how this author would take a spin on this played out "theme". I'm a sucker for these kind of stories.

Let's just get this out of the way. The main guy Liam is a CHUMP. I could not stand him. He worked my
Smitten's Book Blog

Yay! :) I feel all warm and gooey inside. I love books that do that to me. This was such a feel good contemporary romance.

It was a little predictable and standard, but I think that's ok, because it was gorgeous! I do have one issue, and that is Liam's reason for leaving his home town of Beaumont and the love of his life, Josie Preston... I can see where the author was trying to go with that but it was the only weak point in the story for me.

The last thing Betty says to me that day is somethi
Büşra Öztürk

Liam : Ben geri geldim , seni seviyorum
Jossie : Tamam
Liam : TSK
Jossie : Ö.D

Büyük bir ciddiyetle söylüyorum ki kitabimizin konusu bu :)

Kısa zamanda okunacak , rock gruplarıyla ilgili bir roman isterseniz okuyabilirsiniz .
Çok çok ruhsuz bir romandı bana göre -,-
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Find this and other reviews at: http://totallybookedblog.com/

In Forever My Girl we are introduced to Liam Page. Liam left town and walked out on the girl he loved ten years previous to pursue a music career and never didn’t look back. Or did he?

Liam appears to have it all. Fame, fortune, women………pretty much any woman he wants , except the one he still thinks about every day – the woman who truly stole his heart ten years ago.

Liam lives quite the nomadic lifestyle, touring and living out
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
3 Second Chances ★'s

“Her tear-streaked face is beautiful. I want to wipe away her tears. I want to take the last ten years and erase them. I want to start over.”

I seen the movie trailer for this on t.v. and I thought, I have GOT to read this book before it comes out!! The movie looks really good! I figured the book would be right up my alley. WOW, There are so many differences between the movie and the book. It's like a completely different story... Forever My Girl was an okay read. I mean it wa
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

"Only you, Jojo."

description

Liam used to have a girl, a best friend, and a promising football career until the day his grandma made him believe he couldn’t make music and keep those who were important to him at the same time (this is basically how I read it).

Tragedy strikes Liam’s best friend and he returns home to Beaumont after 10 years to pay his respect for his former best friend, Mason and his family.

This story is told in alternating povs of Josie and Liam. Josie is engaged to Nick and rais
Juls
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Juls by: Novel
Even if this book didn’t follow every other books concept I would still have given this only 2 stars. I wasn’t impressed at all about a boy who left all the plans he made with the love of his life to pursue something that never entered his vocabulary when he and she were together. If Liam would have tried harder to explain to Josie what he wanted and needed she would have understood and stuck by him and help him follow his dreams. But instead he took the cowards way out. Not attractive at all if ...more
XxTainaxX
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Most of us know that there’s a movie out based on this novel and as an avid reader, I just had to read the book before seeing the movie to be able to compare and contrast. Liam and Josie’s story is one of second chances, enduring love, and learning how to fit together after years apart and secrets revealed.

I don’t want to get too deep into the plot so that those yet untainted by the movie trailer and reviews with spoilers can still enjoy, but I will say that I really liked this book. The pacing
sandeep
3/5 Stars

This book was okay. Nothing great.

The story was forgettable and overly used.

I didn’t like the characters. They weren’t acting their age and it was annoying.

Probably wouldn't read the other books in this series.
Yvie
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm lucky - I had the privilege and honour of being able to read this story as it was being developed and written and I can tell you (as cliched as this may sound) you will NOT be disappointed. You want a hot Rockstar? You've got it. You want a determined, likeable female lead? You've got it. You want some angst, some warmth and A LOT of sexual tension? Yeah, you got that too. Add to the mix a cute kid and the likeable 'other guy' and you have the recipe for a perfect read.

Most importantly with
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Mandee Migliaccio

5 Second Chance Stars

**SPOILER FREE REVIEW**

Forever My Girl is a sweet, loving, all-around adorable read. If you, like me, have a thing for musicians, and reconnections, then this read is for you.

Liam and Josie were high school sweethearts, but one day in college Liam decides to leave Josie to pursue a music career. Ten years later Liam comes back into town and Josie just doesn’t know how to process any of it. Both want closure, but there are plenty of obstacles in their way from finding peace.
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.75 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It's been a decade since Liam broke Josie's heart. She has tried her best to move on. He is now a rockstar and quite successful. Josie is the owner of a flower shop. Just when they think they will never see each other ever again, a tragedy brings them together. Liam finds out something huge that impa
CeCe
This one was okay, but nothing great. I love stories of lost love, especially when they include a rock star, but this one was not awful, but just mediocre..

I was anticipating this one and it is my third book this month that I bought the day of release and was disappointed. I was expecting more. I am big on closers, cliffhangers and epilogues. This one just kind of ended. Like I was suppose to go "YEAH" and imagine the rest. Sorry, I don't do that.

I know book #2 is the story of Liam's band mate
Geo Marcovici
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Translation widget on the blog!!!
O carte despre decizii luate în pripă, despre greșelile tinereții și consecințele lor, despre iertare și fericire. O poveste de dragoste ce trece bariera timpului, pe care nu o destramă nimic, plină de durere și regrete. La final, răsare si soarele.
Recenzia mea completa o găsiți aici:
Jillian Dodd
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really adored this story. Liam makes a decision many years prior to the book's start to pursue a different path in his life. He's tried to forget the past. And her. But it comes out in his music. How he has never stopped loving her.

He's living the rock star lifestyle. Different girls, different cites, but none of them will ever be her. The her he thought he'd never see again.

But then something happens that makes him go home again.

And at home he'll be forced to see her and deal with the past
Sandra
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I never thought I'd see the boy who stole my heart and failed to give it back.... I'm not sure I want it back.

So many feels man! So many fucking feels. I didn't really think I would like this book, because I honestly hated Liam right on the first page. But when I finished... Oh god! I was tearing up... I'm so happy Josie and Liam had their happily ever after. I'm such a sucker for happy endings!!

I hate guys who leave girls without any explanation. That is suck a dick move. It's the worse way y
Christy
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Arms of a stranger, a warm blooded kiss, trying to fill the void, of the one that I miss.
Perfume whispers, lashes and lace, but I can only hear your voice, I'm so out of place.
All these painkillers, thats all they are.
Painkillers."

Liam is a big rockstar living in LA. He has it all, except the one thing he really wants. He's lonely, he made a big mistake ten years ago, and lost the most important person in his life. He lives in anguish never knowing if he made the right choice following his d
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
“I’m going to marry you someday.”

Some people find their dream early on in life, some never do, and some sacrifice everything to capture it. Liam found his dream in the first semester of college, a dream that cost him everything he cared for, including the woman he desperately loved.

Growing up in a strict patriarchal family, the only child of a man who had very clear ideas about what his son’s future should look like, and of a woman who gave up her ow
Brittni
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Amazing Stars!!!

“I’m going to marry you someday.”

I loved this book!! It was so good!! Liam was amazing and hot!! I loved all the scenes with little Peyton and Noah. They made my heart melt into millions of pieces. I want my future kids to be as cute as they are. I couldn’t stand Nick!! I just felt like he wanted what Liam had and that’s why he ended up with Josie. Overall, I loved this book!! It was so sweet!! I can’t wait to read the next book.
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Rock Star (Groupie, #2)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
  • Rock the Heart (Black Falcon, #1)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #3)
  • Faith (My Misery Muse, #2)
  • Tidal
  • Fix You (Second Chances, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #4)
  • Back to You
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • Heart Song (Biker Rockstar, #2)
  • True Love Story
  • Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu

Beaumont (5 books)
  • My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)
  • Finding My Forever (Beaumont #3)
  • Finding My Way (Beaumont #4)
  • My Kind of Forever (Beaumont #5)
130 likes