Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Group Reads or Buddy Reads > Buddy Read for April

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:06PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Anyone up for a buddy read for April?

Give me some nominations, please!

Only one per member ☺

Nominations:

Prince Charming
The Gift
The Bride
Heartbreaker
Honor's Splendour

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
I would like to nominate Prince Charming, by Julie Garwood, as it is newly out on audio.
Only her beloved grandmother, Lady Esther, knew how devastated Taylor Stapleton had been when her fiancé eloped with Taylor's cousin. Now dear Esther -- one of London's richest and most formidable matriarchs -- lies dying. But first she was going to help Taylor pull off the scam of the Season.

To escape becoming a ward of her unscrupulous uncle, Taylor would wed Lucas Ross, a rugged American rancher. Lady Esther's money would enable Ross to return home to Montana. Taylor had her own urgent reason to go to America...a precious legacy she hadn't revealed to Ross, for they had agreed to part ways once they reached Boston. But as her handsome new husband spoke of life in Montana, Taylor began planning a new future. To Taylor, the wide-open spaces of Montana sounded like paradise....

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Thanks, LK!

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Sure, Pamela. Got this the other week on audible.com and still haven't gotten to it. I've read it several times; however, it has been a while since I've done so.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

It's not one of her more popular books but it has some good and funny scenes in it.

message 6: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments I wouldn't mind re-reading "Prince Charming", problem is I think I need to get a new copy as I think it was

message 7: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments Sorry, sometimes my phone acts on its own.

As I was saying, I think I gave it away last year with a few books. But I think I'll get a kindle copy this time.

I also want to read "The Gift" and "The Bride" as I only read them once.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I'll put em on the list ☺

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Goodness. I can't believe it has almost been two years since I listened to The Bride!

Whoa. I just found out that The Gift is coming out in July on audio! **Lisa Kay does another happy dance.** Maybe sooner, as her audios tend to come out before the scheduled date.

message 10: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments @Lisa Kay,

Where do you download the Audios, "I pod" ??
I've never listened to a book before, but your reviews makes me want to, and it would be nice while I crochet, that way I can do my two fav things. :), perhaps I can get Prince Charming on audio.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Jewel, I use audible.com - but there are many others.

Oh, yes, crocheting and listening to audios would be perfect together. Of course, a good narrator is very important! Your library probably has many that you can download from your home computer.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the bride recently ! So maybe one of the other two?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey lisa kay and pamela *waves* ! First post in this group and I see familiar faces :D

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Hi **waving back vigorously**

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

*waves back vigorously too* :D:D

Glad to see you here :):)

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

**waves just as vigorously** Hi, Karen! Welcome to the discussion. ☺

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

:):)

Thanks lisa kay !!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
Is it too late to nominate a book?

Heartbreaker

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

No, it's not too late.

But I do need to close the nominations soon. I'll close it tomorrow at noon and then we'll vote.

message 20: by Anita (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:03PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Honor's Splendour Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Thanks, Anita. Awesome book!