The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

General > I'm Currently Reading...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,603 (1603 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments What are you reading at the moment? Are you enjoying it?

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Reading I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga , it's pretty good, I'd recommend it :)

message 3: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 2 comments Requiem, third book in the Delirium trilogy. Just started! :)

message 4: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 434 comments Mod
I'm soooo jealous Emilie! I can't wait to read that book. Then end of Pandemonium was one of the worst cliff-hangers.

message 5: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 2 comments On I know, right!? I practically threw the book across my room! :D

message 6: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Haha, yeah, it was really mean of Lauren Oliver! :)

message 7: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Awesome, enjoy!!!

message 8: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I'm currently reading The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared. It's really good so far.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments I just finished unwind and that was a awesome but disturbing book. Waiting for the second one to get here so I can find out what happens next.

message 10: by Arianne (new)

Arianne I'm half way through unwind by Neal shusterman and loving it so far

message 11: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Omg Unwind is sooo good! Arianne, just wait for the unwinding scene, so creepy!!

message 12: by Arianne (new)

Arianne I can't wait :)

message 13: by Jack (last edited Mar 11, 2013 02:13PM) (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Just started Divergent. It's really good so far. But I wish she hose a random thingy.

message 14: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Divergent is very good, I hope you enjoy it :)

message 15: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Me too. Lol

message 16: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

I'm re-reading Of Mice and Men for an English Mock. Somehow this book is so much better to read at home than in a classroom. I can appreciate it much better when there aren't people reading out loud slowly and a teacher constanatly interrupting to explain stuff.

message 17: by Katelynn (new)

Katelynn Gilbert | 26 comments Pretty Little Liars, Heartless. LOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Started unwholly and I'm loving it!

message 19: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Heather wrote: "Started unwholly and I'm loving it!"

Yes!!!! Loved that one even more than the first :) Enjoy!!

message 20: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I'm currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

message 21: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments I finished Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells , loved it!

Now onto Dark Genesis by Dave Ferraro

message 22: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

I loved Partials too! Fragments came out last month and I'm really excited to find out what happens in it. :)

message 23: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Lilac wrote: "I loved Partials too! Fragments came out last month and I'm really excited to find out what happens in it. :)"

Ooh yes! We're doing a buddy read in my fan group soon, can't wait for it!

message 24: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 21 comments I just finished The Essence (The Pledge #2) by Kimberly Derting. Thoroughly enjoyable!
I moved on to Dissidence. It's okay so far, but I haven't really gotten into it. My Kindle says I'm 13% done. Hopefully it gets better!

message 25: by Jack (last edited Mar 29, 2013 03:28PM) (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Just started Light (Gone, #6) by Michael Grant

message 26: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 3 comments I'm in the middle of The Sea of Monsters, really liking it.

message 27: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Cool :) Sounds good!

I'm almost done with Boundless (Unearthly, #3) by Cynthia Hand I love this series!

Next I think I'm reading Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess | 14 comments Poseur book one

message 29: by Amber (new)

Amber (amcozy) | 2 comments Just finished Weavers and I'm still a fan of the Frost series, though a little confused by this latest book.... Now it's on to The Essence - hoping it's as good as The Pledge!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading crescendo second book from the hush hush series mehhhhh I think it's ok but I REALLY want to read requiem. Can't buy the book sighh

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Just finished Unwholly now onto Requiem!

message 32: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Requiem is sooo good although some people hated the ending but not me!

message 33: by Taigan (new)

Taigan | 7 comments I'm just starting insurgent !

message 34: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 21 comments I finished Dissidence last night. My heart stopped at the end.
I'm starting Brave New World now.

message 35: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 21 comments Amber wrote: "Just finished Weavers and I'm still a fan of the Frost series, though a little confused by this latest book.... Now it's on to The Essence - hoping it's as good as The Pledge!"
I read The Essence last week. I really enjoyed it! Hope you do, too.

message 36: by Annayah (new)

Annayah (nayahpross) | 4 comments I just finished Requiem, and I really loved it :D
It leaves room for another book, and it was a bit of a lazy 'tying up the loose ends' with Lena and all, but I really loved it! :D so many good quotes from that book! :3
As for favourite dystopians, has anyone on here delved into the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness? They're my favourite books, and I love them to pieces <3

message 37: by Annayah (new)

Annayah (nayahpross) | 4 comments Taigan wrote: "I'm just starting insurgent !"

AHHHH IT'S INCREDIBLE. <3

message 38: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Taigan wrote: "I'm just starting insurgent !"

I really hope you enjoy it. I thought it was even better than Divergent!

message 39: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Annayah wrote: "I just finished Requiem, and I really loved it :D
It leaves room for another book, and it was a bit of a lazy 'tying up the loose ends' with Lena and all, but I really loved it! :D so many good quo..."

Yay I'm glad you liked it :) And yes yes yes! Chaos walking is my fave dystopian series of all time!!

message 40: by Annayah (new)

Annayah (nayahpross) | 4 comments David wrote: "Annayah wrote: "I just finished Requiem, and I really loved it :D
It leaves room for another book, and it was a bit of a lazy 'tying up the loose ends' with Lena and all, but I really loved it! :D ..."

AHH, and did you hear, he's got a new YA Book out in like september? :D and The Crane Wife is out this week :D <3

message 41: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Yes!!! I totally heard that, can't wait! Have you read A Monster Calls too? Amazing ;)

message 42: by Annayah (new)

Annayah (nayahpross) | 4 comments David wrote: "Yes!!! I totally heard that, can't wait! Have you read A Monster Calls too? Amazing ;)"

I loved that book! and the illustrations :D

message 43: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Oh yes, me too !

message 44: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 46 comments I just finished Maze Runner today. Next up, Unwind. I'm excited for this one and have really been wanting to read it. :)

message 45: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments I really want to read Maze Runner. I can't seem to find Unwind in any bookstore. Is it available in Ireland?

message 46: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Meaghan wrote: "I just finished Maze Runner today. Next up, Unwind. I'm excited for this one and have really been wanting to read it. :)"

Ooh Unwind is awesome!

message 47: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments Currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Flip by Martyn Bedford

message 48: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Jack wrote: "I really want to read Maze Runner. I can't seem to find Unwind in any bookstore. Is it available in Ireland?"

I don't know about in Ireland, but in the UK it was practically impossible to find. I had to buy it off Amazon, which I don't like to do.

message 49: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments I'm really loving Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas , although I don't think I'd be enjoying it nearly as much if it weren't for reading the 4 novellas first :)

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Just finished requiem now I need to start something new. I have so many on my list I don't know which one to pick next!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33