Reader's Corner discussion

Reading Experience > What are you reading in January 2013?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I finished Monday Mornings by Sanjay Gupta by Sanjay Gupta yesterday morning. I really enjoyed this novel. It is actually very similar to ER. At times during reading this book, I did feel like I was reading an ER script just with different characters! The plot was interesting, gripping, well-developed and well-written. The medical lingo was easy to understand.The characters were interesting, vivid and well-developed. My only gripe about this novel was that I would have liked to learn more about what happened to the characters at the end of the novel.
My full review is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Now I'm a few chapters into What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty by Liane Moriarty. Great book so far!

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm reading Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1) by Cindy Gerard by Cindy Gerard and am listening to City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane by Stacia Kane. I am hooked on the Downside Ghosts series!

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Tebbe | 5 comments Ive started "Alex Cross" by james patterson. I acually ready Wuilty Wives right before this, and i really enjoyed that one as well.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Tebbe | 5 comments Sorry. That wad supposed to be "Quilty wives"

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I have started Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost by Jeaniene Frost and am listening to City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare by Cassandra Clare

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates Daddy Love by Joyce Carol Oates. While the subject matter is a bit tough the writing is beautiful.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm listening to Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane .

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole in paperback and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown in ebook format.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Now reading Some Girls Bite Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill by Chloe Neill.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) I just started Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham

message 11: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty by Liane Moriarty. I really loved this novel! The plot was very intriguing, compelling and well-written with an interesting and unique premise. I loved the author's writing style. The story was very funny and some parts were quite touching and made me want to cry. The characters were all well-developed, vivid and believable. I found it easy to relate to Alice and the other characters. I was unable to put this book down for long. I was desperate to find out what was going to happen next! I gave it 5 stars!
My full view is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Now I'm about to start The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott by Kate Alcott.

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) I am currently reading And the Miss Ran Away with the Rake And the Miss Ran Away with the Rake (Rhymes with Love, #2) by Elizabeth Boyle . So far it's wonderful.

message 13: by Kris - My Novelesque Life (last edited Jan 07, 2013 12:07PM) (new)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading and almost finished Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm also reading Some Girls Bite Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill by Chloe Neill.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (notrace) I'm reading Black House by Stephen King

message 16: by Kris - My Novelesque Life (last edited Jan 09, 2013 12:19PM) (new)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading One False Move . One False Move (Myron Bolitar, #5) by Harlan Coben

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm reading Into The Dark Into The Dark by Stacy Green by Stacy Green and listening to One False Move (Myron Bolitar, #5) by Harlan Coben One False Move by Harlan Coben.

message 18: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) Yesterday I finished reading The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott by Kate Alcott. I really enjoyed this novel. It was very hard to put it down. I loved all the historical details about the Titanic and its survivors. I liked this unique take on the Titanic disaster. Not many books about the Titanic sinking feature the aftermath of it and how survivors try to deal with what happened and move on. I gave it 4 stars!
My full review is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I'm also about to finish Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, #12) by Janet Evanovich by Janet Evanovich and make a start on The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty by William Peter Blatty.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm listening to The Final Detail The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar, #6) by Harlan Coben by Harlan Coben.

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary | 100 comments I'm in the middle of Stolen Stolen by Shiloh Walker .

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan | 45 comments I'm in another group and we have a 100 books in 2013 and so far I've read:

1. Alone Time
2. Punish Me With Roses (interesting!)
3. Trading Up
4. Nicholas (Lord of Satyr)
5. Raine "
6. Lyon "
7. Dominic "
8. Dane "
9. Bastian "
10. Sevin "
11. Kiss Of An Angel
12. A Strange Fire
13. Provoking the Spirit SHORT

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins and The Lady Most Likely... A Novel in Three Parts by Julia Quinn .

message 23: by Diana S (new)

Diana S I'm currently reading:
Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer and
The Birchbark House by Louise Erdrich The Birchbark House by Louise Erdrich

message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) I am reading Redemption Redemption by B.J. Daniels

message 25: by Jean (last edited Jan 14, 2013 03:32PM) (new)

Jean (otakumom) I'm starting these two that I got from the library today...

Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Seduce me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas
How to Abduct a Highland Lord (MacLean Curse, #1) by Karen Hawkins How to Abduct a Highland Lord by Karen Hawkins

message 26: by Mary (new)

Mary | 100 comments I'm about to start The Bourne Identity The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) by Robert Ludlum .

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori Nester | 6 comments Ursula wrote: "Tell everybody what you are reading for the new year."Right now I'm reading Needful Things by Stephen King after that, I will be reading The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori Nester | 6 comments Now reading Needful Things by Stephen King, next I'll be reading The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer

message 29: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm reading Acceleration Acceleration (Impulse, #2) by Amelia C. Gormley by Amelia C. Gormley, the second book in the Impulse series.

message 30: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've just finished Defending Jacob by William Landay by William Landay. Defending Jacob is a well-written, disturbing and gripping crime thriller with plenty of twists and turns throughout the novel to keep you interested. I really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the very beginning to the end. The reader is kept guessing as to whether Jacob is innocent or guilty until the very end of the novel. Throughout the trial I kept changing my mind about whether Jacob was guilty or not. I thought this was a excellent read so I’m giving it a well-deserved five stars!
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Now I'm about to start Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford by Jamie Ford.

message 31: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) I am now reading The Legacy of Eden by Nelle Davy

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am listening to City of Glass City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare .

I am reading in paperback The Other Queen (The Tudor, #6) by Philippa Gregory The Other Queen.

I am reading on my eReader When She Was Wicked When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1) by Anne Barton .

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts The Lady Most Willing... A Novel in Three Parts by Julia Quinn ...a 7 day library loan.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) I am now reading When Summer Comes When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3) by Brenda Novak and loving it!

message 35: by Mary (new)

Mary | 100 comments I'm now reading Salvation in Death Salvation in Death (In Death, #27) by J.D. Robb .

message 36: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 29, 2013 09:12AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I'm reading Highlander Claimed Highlander Claimed (Clan Mackenzie, #1) by Juliette Miller by Juliette Miller. I'm listening to Chasing Magic Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5) by Stacia Kane by Stacia Kane.