Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Tower Team C: C Us Win!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,836 (1836 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:22PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod
A place for team introductions & discussions for Team C.

◈ To view and update your books, go here!

◈ Click on view community to see how your team members are doing.

◈ You will need to elect a Team Captain whose duties include: communicating with all
    team members, making sure you have the correct number of members (not too many
    or too few - and they belong on your team), posting weekly status updates/reminders,
    and dealing with minor issues that arise. You may rotate this duty.

◈ If you would like to decide on a Team Name, certainly feel free to do so!

REMINDERS
◈ Books must be over 170 pages in length for this challenge. We will be
    monitoring this closely. Also, no graphic novels, manga, or children's picture books.
◈ Your book must have a start and stop reading date. Some of you may not be used
    to doing this. These dates can be edited in the review screen of each book. Or, if you
    update the current book you are reading from your update screen (upper right),
    it will do the dates automatically.
◈ Remember to tag every book you read to your special bookshelf or
    Team C won't get credit for it!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:37PM) (new)

◈ On January 1st, if you are assigned to Team C , your desired screen will look like this:

Tower1ccc_image001_zps8841fef1

◈ Where the red arrows indicate, fill in the fields. Remember to save!

◈ If you have NOT already made a shelf, this will create one for you. If you have already done so through your own bookshelves, be sure to put in exactly what you typed, including the hyphens between words.

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 09, 2013 07:31AM) (new)

TEAM C

A hyperlink will be added for everyone to view your books (unless your shelves are set to "private"/just friends) soon after you read your first book.
Team C			Team C Thread

Abhinav (017)
Alexandra (033)
Amy F. {Name Alert} (035)
✔✔Amy J. {Name Alert} (100)
Andrea (Blue Skies avatar) (050)
Aneeqah (150)
Barbara★ (300)
Brenda (050)
Cathie (052)
Christal (100)
Christina (200)
Claire (080)
Danielle (055)
✔✔Divya (150)
Dragana (250)
Erin (030)
Fairlee (065)
★Gwendolyn★ (150)
Hayley (020)
Helena (035)
Hope (030)
Jane (Canada) {Name Alert} (115)
Jayme VA (150)
Jess (Jesscat) (100)
Jessica (050)
✔✔JoLene (050)
Julianne (100)
✔✔Karen (India) (150)
Katie CA {Name Alert} (120) (bookworm avatar)
Kellyanne (070)
Kirsten (060)
Kme_17 (140)
Kristine J (050)
Krystal (020)
Lisa Kay (200)
md - Mabel (016)
Melanie {Name Alert} (133)
Melinda (052)
Melissa (ladybug) (243)
Michelle (tinyturtle88) (175)
Midu (313)
Nancy (NY) {Name Alert} (174)
Nikita (200)
Pennygale (030)
Phyllis (110)
Rebecca {Name Alert} (050) (equestrian avatar)
Rebecca Curtis??? (050)
Red Solo Cup (040)
♥Robin♥ (300)
Rocsana (050)
Samantha (100)
Sandy (145)
Sara (AKA “Batman”) (070)
Sarah S {Name Alert} (345)
Skandia (150)
Stephanie {Name Alert} (050)
Tanya (110)
Valerie (100)
Vikki (055)
Wendelin (100)
Anticipated Total (6488)
*Adjusted Total -17, -100, -50 = 167 = 6321

---
✔rolled off my screen
✔✔about to roll off

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved. Just in case.

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Thanks, ♥Robin♥! Love penguins.

message 7: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments especially ones with hats! so sophisticated :-p

message 8: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Hey, they are dressed up for a swanky party! Woohoo!

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments Whoohoo! Team C! Love the lady penguin with the bow! How cute!! Thanks Robin!

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments ☺ You are very welcome!!! Glad you and Midu like the penguins LOL

Showing my good sportsmanship...or challengeship...I went around to the 4 teams and wished them all a Happy New Year but they didn't get the penguins...C team is special LOLOLOLOL

message 11: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hehehe very special! hey Melinda!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments Hey Midu! We ARE a "special" bunch! LOL!

message 13: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments *giggles*

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Hi Melinda ☺ Nice to meet ya!!! I agree...we are a special bunch(me in more ways than one LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

message 15: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Robin, I'll be going around too but to find Vi's group and make threats lol

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Midu wrote: "Robin, I'll be going around too but to find Vi's group and make threats lol"

LMBO!!!!! Does anyone know what book they are starting off the new year with????

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Be back in a few....gotta go get a shower and make sure my clothes are ready for work in the morning LOL

message 18: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments i'm reading Birth of the Fire Child (Lumenessa Saga, #1) by Ginny Atkinson & Legend of the Touched by J.F. Jenkins what about you?

message 19: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Two book at once? Take it easy on us, Midu! lol

message 20: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hehehe hey Sashana!

message 21: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Hey, Midu! Happy New Year!

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments I think I am going to read Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella The Sister Wife (Brides of Gabriel, #1) by Diane Noble and Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin (ecardwell) Should we think of a team name?

message 24: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Dec 31, 2012 08:44PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Erin wrote: "Should we think of a team name?"

Team captain and team name....but I think everyone is excited to start reading and waiting for more team members to check in.

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments OK, you guys. I can already tell you are going to put me to shame. ;-) But here are the books I have picked to start at midnight (or one to two seconds after -- hee, hee): They Call Me Death by Missy Jane and Cast in Peril (Chronicles of Elantra, #8) by Michelle Sagara .

message 26: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments thanks, Sashana!

message 27: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments oooh the covers look so pretty,Melinda!

message 28: by Barbara ★ (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:19PM) (new)

Barbara ★ HI everyone. I'm going to start with a non-fiction book (one of the many I have to read in 2013). The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston Probably going to read Ship of Destiny (Liveship Traders, #3) by Robin Hobb as well.

message 29: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hey Barbara! *waves*

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi team !!Yay!!
Glad to be a part of this team :)

Well I will be off on a two day train journey today so will read atleast 5-6 books :) :)

Am still trying to decide what my first book will be , confused between Anna and The French Kiss and a reread of On dublin Street !

May you all have a happy happy new year with lots of happiness and good books !!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Lisa Kay and Midu :) :)
Know you from the RLftCI group!

message 32: by Christina (new)

Christina (iceprincess) | 51 comments Hi everyone! I'm excited to be on this team; it seems pretty awesome so far. :)

I'm planning to start reading Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong just as soon as I can tear myself away from here. LOL

message 33: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 453 comments Hi Guys ! I am glad to be on a team with you . Happy new year !

message 34: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 450 comments I had to come check y'all out after Robin was peeping in our thread, wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I like the penguins :)

Happy New Year, my friends :)

message 35: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Karen wrote: "Hi Lisa Kay and Midu :) :)
Know you from the RLftCI group!"

Hi, Karen! **waves**

~LK

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments Happy New Year!!!

message 37: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments old news, Melinda. It is 11 am here in Pakistan! lol

message 38: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hey Karen!:-)

message 39: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 83 comments Happy New year right now I planning to start Hearse and Buggy tomorrow

message 40: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

It isn't midnight yet; just under two hours to go. But, you'd never know it by the number of fireworks, etc. going off.

~LK

message 41: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments Midu! It's New Years everywhere, well until, I have to go back to work and/or stop drinking! LOL!

message 42: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hehehe agreed,Melinda!

message 43: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Okay, back again, sans disguise. I'm planning on starting the New Year with a re-read of one of my favorites. I get that way around the holidays; I want my comfort books. ...though I have tons of other books... Can't believe it has been four years since I last read this one:

The Witch and the Warrior (Warriors, #2) by Karyn Monk

message 44: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments i love it that you can re-read books, whenever i try to do that, my attention wanders!

message 45: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments oh and the disguise..that was you?! lol

message 46: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 28 comments I am glad it seems I got the chatty group. :-)

Can't wait to see what everyone will be reading.

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Midu wrote: "i love it that you can re-read books, whenever i try to do that, my attention wanders!"

I can't do re-reads unless it was books I read years ago in middle/jr high/high school and I just don't remember much about them. If I try to re-read a book, my mind wanders too because I KNOW what's going to happen and I lose interest LOLOLOL

message 48: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Yes, Midu. I'm wearing one for New Years. ☺

[image error]

message 49: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments good to know that i'm not the only one!
hey Danielle! it isn't the chatty group, it is the very chatty group hehehe

Robin (Saturndoo) (robinsaturndoo) | 18 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I had to come check y'all out after Robin was peeping in our thread, wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I like the penguins :)

Happy New Year, my friends :)"

**giggles while watching Susan sneaking in over here** Thanks Susan the penguins are kind of cute, aren't they ☺

Well, yeah, I went out being a good team player and showing my good sportsmanship to the other groups **snickers while having an evil grin** but done it more to aggravate my friends :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37