Independent Author Services and Promotions discussion

Welcome to the Group! > Add your books to our Bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-50 of 222 (222 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp (cynthiasheppedits) | 221 comments Mod
Authors,
Please add your books to our Bookshelf.
Readers,
You are welcome to add your favorite Indie books as well.
Thanks,
Cynthia

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (CindySmithJordan) | 8 comments Hello everyone here is my book Sweet Nectar an Anthology of Poetry please check it out Sweet Nectar an Anthology of Poetry

message 3: by Javier (new)

Javier Robayo | 4 comments Hello, this is my first novel The Gaze, a contemporary drama that's garnered great reviews. Hope you enjoy it
The Gaze

Link to the group bookshelf
http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean Murray (jean_murray_author) | 4 comments Soul Awakened (Key to the Cursed Book II) by Jean Murray
Soul Reborn (Key to the Cursed Book I) by Jean Murray

The Key to the Cursed Series by me, Jean Murray.

Can't wait to see everyone's list.

message 6: by Stuart (new)

Stuart McRoberts (StuartFMcRoberts) | 2 comments Hi everyone, I added my novel 'In Search of Katya'. Thank you, Cynthia!

message 7: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Dearing (sldearing) | 54 comments Got my baby on the list too!! Hey all!!

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for joining and adding! Please invite all your Goodreads friends to join.

message 9: by L.M. (new)

L.M. David | 39 comments Hi everyone, thanks for creating this group. I am a newly published author and definitely find a group like this great. Touched by L.M. David is a vampire book but before you discount it, these vampires are more human, their differences kept to a miminum as they understand survival means fitting in.

message 10: by The (new)

The Black (TheBlackWriter) | 1 comments This is one of my novels. Got 18 and counting.

What Becomes of the Brokenhearted

Thank you for the invite!

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison Cubitt (httpgoodreadscomlambertnagle) | 4 comments Hi Cynthia,
Thanks so much for starting this group and for the invitation. I do so like Goodreads and am very much looking forward to interacting with members of this group.

Alison, one half of the Lambert Nagle writing team.

Revolution Earth

message 14: by Aurelia (new)

Aurelia Rowl (aureliabrowl) | 1 comments Mine is added now too - thank you!
Christmas is Cancelled

message 15: by Cinta (new)

Cinta (cintanani78) I have added my book The Funny Adventures of Little Nani to the bookshelf. Thank you!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 16: by Melodie (new)

Melodie Ramone (melodieramone) Added mine. After Forever Ends is contemporary fiction, a memoir reflecting the life of a simple, yet extraordinary Scottish girl and her anything but average Welsh boy. :)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 17: by Andrew (new)

Andrew James | 1 comments Hello.

So here's my book to add to the bookshelf, a story of love, rock & roll, guns and quantum physics, called Blow Your Kiss Hello.

Thanks!

message 18: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandralinthwaite) | 3 comments Hi,
Here are my three books - if you enjoy contemporary romance with a (usually) mythical or fantasy twist then please do check out my books.

message 19: by John (last edited Jan 01, 2013 01:09PM) (new)

message 20: by Ken (new)

Ken Lang (drkenlang) Here is my true crime homicide trilogy based on actual murder investigations I worked around Baltimore, MD: Walking Among the Dead; Standing In Death's Shadow, and Death Comes Uninvited (you'll want to read them in that order).

Walking Among The Dead by Ken Lang Standing in Death's Shadow by Ken Lang Death Comes Uninvited by Ken Lang

Ken Lang

message 21: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Brock (soniabrock) | 18 comments Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a little magic and history thrown in. Can't wait to hear what you think about the Cajun Dialect, flavors and what characters you enjoyed most. Without further adieu.....

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

message 22: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Brock (soniabrock) | 18 comments Sonia wrote: "Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a little magic and history thrown in. Can't wait to hear w..."

Yes, I know I have made some grammatical errors in this post. Ending with prepositions etc.... just my personal conversational style.

message 23: by Editing Services (new)

Sonia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a little magic and history thrown in. Can't ..."

Hi Sonia,
Don't worry about being perfect in here. I am an editor and my conversational style is not my editing style. Different hats :) I want this group to be completely non-judgemental and just a great place to hang out without fear of getting jumped all over for stupid mistakes. As the rules state, people that are disrespectful or mean will be asked to leave the group. I hope you enjoy it here. :)

message 24: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 9 comments Thanks for the invite to the group. I have 2 WIPs at the moment, but my first "baby" is: Dark Side of the Moon

When former government agent, Derrick Thomas, awakens to find his family missing and in danger, he must outwit a clandestine organization intent on keeping him from the truth and his family.

Government agent Derrick Thomas awakes from a disturbing dream to find a message from his father asking for help. As he sets out to lend his assistance he quickly discovers that not only can he not find his father, but that a clandestine government agency is out to derail his search before it can even begin. After discovering details of a global food crisis, an interplanetary mission gone awry, the murders of two of his father’s colleagues, and the further disappearances of his mother and sister, Derrick is thrust into a fight for his own life and a struggle to uncover details of secret government experiments which his family may be involved with. Will he be able to save them and uncover the truth before he becomes the next victim of an organization bent on keeping him silent?

http://amazon.com/dp/B00716M0YU

Dark Side of the Moon

message 25: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Brock (soniabrock) | 18 comments Cynthia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a little magic and history thro..."

Thanks Cynthia! That's very refreshing. I have been looking for a group that I could just be myself with and this looks like just the place. I am a new self-published author doing this entirely on my own. No editors, cover creators or agents to speak of, just lil ol' me. I have been criticized before for grammar and mistakes, so that's why I clarified my statements beforehand. I am not here to "Pitch" my books to the other members here (or to you), but would like any help they can give me of course. Thank you for reaching out. Other than listing my books here, is there anything else you think I should tackle?

message 26: by Editing Services (new)

Sonia wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a little magic ..."

If you haven't already, please introduce yourself in the Welcome thread. You can list yoor facebook link in the facebook thread if you have one. If you are looking for a editor or cover artist, check out our services thread. If you are looking for bloggers to review your book(s), check out the Blogger thread. Other than that just feel free to relax and enjoy yourself. You can start new threads for new discussions or jump in to existing ones. :)

message 27: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Brock (soniabrock) | 18 comments Cynthia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Sonia wrote: "Hey Ya'll I just added mine to our collection. The series is called THE SWAMP WITCH SERIES. It is funny, romantic, paranormal with just a..."

Writing it all down so I don't forget! Thanks!

message 28: by Editing Services (new)

Hi CJ,
Welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy it here. You might want to list the free review copies in the Blogger thread so that people find it easier :)

message 29: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Dearing (sldearing) | 54 comments Hi, CJ.... I would love to read your book. Mine isn't horror, it's a mix of everything... But if you want to try it, let me know. My email is sldearing@gmail.com. Thanks.

message 30: by Edi (new)

Edi Melon (edbrady) Thank you so much for this.

My Trilogy is in the Fantasy/Romance genre (with a little Family Saga thrown in)
http://www.amazon.com/E.-D.-Brady/e/B...

message 31: by L.M. (new)

L.M. David | 39 comments E.D. that looks interesting. Will check it out.

message 32: by Julieanne (new)

Julieanne (ysoriel) | 2 comments Do you like dark, Gothic books, with twisted plot-lines and pace? Do you love your heroine fighting her way to the top? Do you love Urban Fantasy with a twist? Then look no further than the first two books in the Shadow World series.

Within the Shadows Book (#1 Shadow World series)
http://www.amazon.com/Within-Shadows-...

Escaping Shadows (#2 Shadow World series)
http://www.amazon.com/Escaping-Shadow...

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Hi just added my two books, Skeletons of Birkbury by Diana J. Febry and Skeletons of Birkbury by Diana J. Febry . I have a third due for release any day now.
My books are mystery novels set in the British cotswold. I am a character person and my aim is to create real people my readers can believe in. The stories are quite different but they both explore the effects of lies and deception when people are determined to keep their sectets at any cost.

message 34: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Oh dear - Technology 1. Me 0.
My second book is Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry

message 35: by Shalini (new)

Shalini Boland (shaliniboland) | 6 comments I just added the first two books in the Outside Series. Book 2 is released tomorrow so I'm slightly excited :)

Outside (Outside Series #1) by Shalini Boland

The Clearing (Outside Series #2) by Shalini Boland

message 36: by L.M. (last edited Jan 14, 2013 11:25AM) (new)

L.M. David | 39 comments I would like to add a book done by a self published author called The Presence. Her book is a paranormal/suspense story and if you like this genre, please give it a look. The Presence by Peggylou Beazley

message 37: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments Shalini wrote: "I just added the first two books in the Outside Series. Book 2 is released tomorrow so I'm slightly excited :)

The Clearing (Outside Series #2) by Shalini Boland"

Congratulations.

message 38: by Editing Services (new)

Diana wrote: "Oh dear - Technology 1. Me 0.
My second book is Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry"

YAY!

message 39: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 13 comments C.J. wrote: "Hi everyone.
My name is C.J. and my first horror novel entitled Female of the Species was published on 11th December. The task of promoting it is daunting but fun also as I've found (after many hou..."

Hi CJ I'd happily swop reads. I spend a lot of my time alone and enjoy chatting via the internet with other writers. I don't use goodreads as much as I should, I tend to hang around facebook more.
I have 3 books 1-detective crime mystery. 2-normal people become involved in trying to blackmail a neighbour.3-womens lit/suspense. You can choose which you would prefer to look at.

message 40: by Sara (new)

Sara Burr (sarafurlongburr) | 4 comments Added Enigma Black (Enigma Black, #1) by Sara Furlong Burr to the shelf.

message 41: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm a writer hailing from the good ol' city of Philadelphia. My first YA novel is out right now called "Traffic Jam." Feel free to take a look! Thank you!
Traffic Jam by Melissa Groeling

message 42: by B. (new)

B. Lloyd (authorsanon) | 4 comments Shalini wrote: "I just added the first two books in the Outside Series. Book 2 is released tomorrow so I'm slightly excited :)

The Clearing (Outside Series #2) by Shalini Boland"

Grand ! :)

message 43: by B. (last edited Jan 17, 2013 11:31AM) (new)

B. Lloyd (authorsanon) | 4 comments My novella : Ungentle Sleep, (a tongue-in-cheek ghost tale) is up on Amazon Kindle from Captive Press :

Ungentle Sleep by B. Lloyd

(some giveaways soon!)
Thanks for setting up this! :)

message 44: by Louis (new)

Louis | 5 comments Here's my author site with my books. DB Part 1 and DB are the same book except part 1 is only 100 pages from xynobooks.com. Either way, part 1 is the one i will recommend.

Thanks for looking.

Louis T. Bruno

message 46: by Irene (new)

Irene Panter | 5 comments Hello,

I'm Irene, I'm in the UK - please check out my historical romance, The Contessa's Last Dance. Reviews and feedback more than welcome!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contessas-Las...

An endearing historical romance, the contessa is crafted on Dame Barbara Cartland, who revealed herself to have a very serious side in private during a conversation, forming the basis of this story. Striving for the highest good , she sets out to make Cupid do his duty by two of her paying guests as she searches for an English gentleman whilst remaining loyal to her lifelong friend, the princess, despite being hampered by her as a result of her excessive jealousy. The unhappiness of the contessa's generation in connection with the sense of loss experienced as the electronic age takes over and fair play, aspiration and good manners seem set at nought, is palpable. Set against the backdrop of Austria and England, only her amorous paying guests don t give her future bequests a thought. But who will become heir to the bluebells and country house in England? After all, those from her past all seem to have designs on her fortune. But are any of them actually genuine in giving of their friendship? Will it be the solicitor, her friend, the accountant, those in her employ, her stepson ... or none of these? And what becomes of the true English gent the contessa has been searching for, despite the fact he is American?

warm wishes, Irene

message 47: by H.K. (last edited Jan 20, 2013 08:05PM) (new)

H.K. (HKTaylor) | 8 comments H.K. Taylor here, my debut YA Romance short story HEAT has gotten a 4star review so far heres a taste of it check it out on here give it a read. Troy Parker has it all; close friends, a loving girlfriend in Jaime stone, and he's the starting 3rd baseman for his high school team, but when life throws him as curveball, that he strikes out on, will this unexpected turn of events send him into depression? What will he do next alcohol seems to be the only option, but will he be playing a much bigger game, will his relationship survive, what about his life?

message 48: by Laura (new)

Laura Preble (queengeek) | 2 comments Laura Preble here...author of OUT, a new speculative fiction book that the San Diego Union-Tribune book editor calls "speculative fiction at its finest." It's a world where same-sex couples are the theocratic majority while opposite-sex people are criminalized. Love is love. FREE TODAY AND TOMORROW ON KINDLE.
http://tinyurl.com/acngjob

message 49: by Irene (new)

Irene Panter | 5 comments The Contessa's Last Dance

Hello I am Irene, this is my first book: a historical romance. Here is a short blurb!

An endearing historical romance, the contessa is crafted on Dame Barbara Cartland, who revealed herself to have a very serious side in private during a conversation, forming the basis of this story. Striving for the highest good , she sets out to make Cupid do his duty by two of her paying guests as she searches for an English gentleman whilst remaining loyal to her lifelong friend, the princess, despite being hampered by her as a result of her excessive jealousy. The unhappiness of the contessa's generation in connection with the sense of loss experienced as the electronic age takes over and fair play, aspiration and good manners seem set at nought, is palpable. Set against the backdrop of Austria and England, only her amorous paying guests don t give her future bequests a thought. But who will become heir to the bluebells and country house in England? After all, those from her past all seem to have designs on her fortune. But are any of them actually genuine in giving of their friendship? Will it be the solicitor, her friend, the accountant, those in her employ, her stepson ... or none of these? And what becomes of the true English gent the contessa has been searching for, despite the fact he is American?

message 50: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clarke | 3 comments Hi all:

Here is the link to my new release "Infinity" (New Adult/PNR)

Infinity (Valkyries Soaring Raven) by Sedona Venez

Best,
TLC

« previous 1 3 4 5