! YA Heroines ! discussion

Getting to Know Each Other > INTRODUCTIONS *newbies - over here* DON'T BE SHY!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 495 (495 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Chelsea (last edited Jun 22, 2013 10:58PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hello and welcome to !YA Heroines! Please join in with the discussions and feel free to stop by our polls. But first of all...

Please introduce yourself!
Your name, favourite books/heroines/authors/genres etc.

BTW. If you are new do the A - Z so we can get to know you better.
And if you have a minute please take this poll!
Click Here! for a list of our many folders.

message 2: by Chelsea (last edited Dec 30, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey, my name is Chelsea and I am the co-creator (with Jenny) and one of the moderators for ! YA Heroines !
(I am best friends with Jenny)

A few of my favourite books are Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore by Kristin Cashore
and The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins The hunger games triology by Suzanne Collins

One of my favourite heroines is Katsa from graceling.

Welcome to ! YA Heroines ! If you like our group remember to invite your friends too!
Enjoy.
XxXx

message 3: by Cody (new)

Cody Young | 1 comments Hi there, I'm new around here. Am planning to read a lot of YA books this year and have always believed the best ones are those where the heroine is 'the hero' of the book, although the hero should be strong too.
Cody

message 4: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 01, 2013 02:51PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome Cody :)
Hope you have a great time in our group. Feel free to participate in discussions and games!
Glad to have an author in our group - we are currently setting up an authors corner :)

message 5: by Sina (new)

Sina | 429 comments Hello, my name is Sina! i'm planing on reading a lots of books this year. And one of the most important thing for me is that the femal rolle in a book must be strong! (sorry for bad language I'm norwegian so is not to good in egnlish) :P

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hi Sina,
Welcome to !YA Heroines!
We are very glad for another member.

(btw. that's ok your english is not bad)

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 57 comments Hi! I love YA books with strong Heroines! My favorites are Hermione from Harry Potter, Katniss from the Hunger Games, and Tris from Divergent.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey Laura,
Welcome to !YA Heroines!
I'm just about to put up discussions for Hermione, tris and Katniss. Comment on them if you like. :)

message 9: by Sophie (last edited Jan 21, 2013 05:21PM) (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 214 comments Hi! I'm Sophie and I love YA Fantasy/Dystopia! I love authors like Cassandra Clare, Veronica Roth and Sarah J Maas. I don't really have a fav book, but I love the series Mortal Instruments, Infernal Devices, Divergent, Hunger Games, Throne of Glass, etc. (Go to my profile to check the others :P) I love Celaena in Throne of Glass, and also Tessa in Infernal Devices! Check out my profile and my photos! Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

message 10: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 186 comments hi im niamh I love the skulldugery pleasant series and my favourite author is Derek landy.

message 11: by Nancy (last edited Jan 03, 2013 05:28PM) (new)

Nancy (pandabears) HiYA!~ you guys know me(: My favourite author is Rachel Hawkins but I have lots more fave authors after that and plus I love to try out new things :D

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey everybody, welcome to !YA Heroines!
Hope you guys have a great time. :)

message 13: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliem97) | 7 comments Hi!! I'm Ellie. Some of my favourite author are Cassandra Clare and Derek Landy. My favourite genres are fantasy fiction with a little humour and a strong female lead!
My fav book is Frostfire, I also like City of Ashes and Skulduggery Pleasant Dark day.
My fav characters are Clary, Valkery but mainly Frost. :D

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hi Ellie, welcome!
You might not know how glad I am to find someone who loves Frost (from Frostfire) as much as I do! Zoe Marriott is one of the best authors I have read from. I can't wait for you to join our dicussions!

message 15: by Quinn (new)

Quinn (nerdperson) | 10 comments Hi. I'm Madisyn. A few of my favourite authors are Cassandra Clare, Andrea Cremer, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, James Patterson, Rick Riordan and Veronica Roth. My favourite characters are Lena, Clary, Tris, Calla, Maximum Ride and Annabeth Chase. :)

message 16: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hello Madisyn,
I hope you have a great time here at !Ya Heroines!
You are welcome to join the discussions. :)

message 17: by Carla (new)

Carla | 1 comments Hi I'm Calla. I also love Frostfire. My favourite heroine is Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock. I really like books by Melina Marchetta, Laini Taylor and Veronica Roth. Cool quotes ;)xxxx

message 18: by G.E. (new)

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) I'm Greg and I just stumbled across this group. I agree with having strong females as characters in books and put them in mine. I guess you could say some are heroines, but for the most part they are just a person trying to survive the apocalypse.

message 19: by Chelsea (last edited Jan 10, 2013 05:19PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome :)

Hope you guys enjoy our group!

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Hello there. I'm Kaitlin. I absolutely love The Vampire Academy series, and part of that reason is that Rose is such an awesome character. I read a whole lot of young adult books, so no genre within it are my absolutely favorite. I enjoy them all. :-)

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hello and welcome :)
Hope you have a great time here!

message 22: by Laura (last edited Jan 12, 2013 11:43AM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) Hey :) I've always had a soft spot for kickbutt heroines so I think its great you made a group for them, anyway nice to meet you all.

message 23: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1 comments I could copy almost everything everyone has said above. I'm really excited about this group because I find all of the other places have already read the books I want to go through. Tris in Divergent is my favorite heroine at the moment.

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey, nice to meet you Deborah, nice to meet you Laura. :) Our group is about 2 weeks old so we are quite new. In a few months we will be reading the divergent books, so keep your eyes peeled! Welcome.

message 25: by JG (new)

JG Hey, I'm Jana! My current faves are Divergent The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset and Slammed

I love Tris from Divergent and am excited to hear more recommendations. :-)

message 26: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hi and welcome! I've heard so many good reviews from Colleen Hoover, I can't wait to read some of her books! As for Divergent (Moderator Jenny's Fav book) and The Hunger Games triology we have threads for them.

message 27: by Juhi (new)

Juhi (juhi-malani) | 558 comments Hey,
I'm Juhi and i'm a complete sucker for swoony/dreamy romances, happy endings,hot guys and of course kick-ass-chicks.(though nothing can beat a book which has all of the above. :D )
My favorite books are Divergent, Delirium, Ten tiny breaths, Easy and Slammed.

message 28: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hello Juhi,
Welcome, I hope you enjoy our group. Come and join the discussions!

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Bavati | 8 comments Hi, I'm Robyn. Love the name of this book group - I'm really drawn to heroines and strong female characters. Sadly, some girls still want books where the 'weak' female is 'rescued' by the knight.

I'm also a YA author, of - you guessed it - novels with heroines - but more about that in the author section. Head on over there if you're interested.

message 30: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome!
Heroines might be shrouded by the female sterotype but we can change that!
Feel free to visit our Author's corner and promote your book (Dancing in The Dark sounds intriguing!).

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) Hey, I'm Rachel.

One of my favourites is Tamora Pierce- all of her books have very strong female leads and they she is my all-time favourite author! I highly recommend her if you are looking for any fantasy-type book.

I also read Grave Mercy and the first two books in the Katerina Trilogy, and all of them are awesome! Great heroines in those, too.

message 32: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey, Rachel.
Welcome to !YA Heroines!
Feel free to comment on discussions and games!
Enjoy!

message 33: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Hiya there, I'm cassie.

And if I had to think of one overarching element for a book that can never go wrong.... I would say anything with a female character who is witty and sarcastic. I cannot stand daft female characters (mostly because they're put on to the point that I just don't understand them and I just cannot relate).
A favorite author? Kelley Armstrong and Elizabeth Chandler.

message 34: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome Cassie!
I totally with you about witty and sarcastic heroines! Who doesn't love them? Ooooh also I love Kelly Armstrong.

message 35: by Becca (new)

Becca | 3 comments Hi, I'm Becca. My favorite series is The Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima, but I also like Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and all of Tamora Pierce's books.

message 36: by Christen (new)

Christen | 13 comments Hello there everyone! Christen here and I love reading books. I have read a lot of different genres and I am still discovering and reading more. :)

message 37: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey, Becca it's nice to see a fellow Fantasy lover (I love fantasy!).
Welcome Christen, it's great that you read a lot of different genres 'cause we're a diverse bunch.
Please make yourselves at home and enjoy the discussions!

message 38: by Constance (new)

Constance (eyreapparent) Hello, I'm a Good Reads newbie and am loving all the like minded book worms! Love YA fiction with a bit of a twist, be that historical, fantasy, dystopian, otherworldly, futuristic etc but they have to have a strong leading lady, preferably with a sense of humour! Favorite reads of the last year are Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Divergent, Angelfall, Losing Lila and the Mortal Instrument series (just finished book 3!) Any reccommendations would be warmly welcomed!

message 39: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome Constance!
If you want some reccomdations just look around the group. :) We'll be having a series read-along next month for the Mortal Instruuments series. So, we'd be happy for you to join the discussions.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_reader) | 240 comments Hey everyone!

I'm Emma and my favorite books are Divergent and The Demon King. Cinda William Chima is an AWESOME author, and I love Katniss as a heroine. Um, my favorite genre is probably....science fiction, adventure, and romance.

message 41: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Mae | 15 comments Hello! Alyssa here! I love reading and my favorite will always he Harry Potter. :)

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan Thomason | 1 comments Thanks for the invite! I have read all the 'currently readings' and 'to reads'. Awesome choices! Will definitely join in the discussions as time permits.

I'm Megan... love to read, especially YA (600+ last year). Author of daynight, a young adult dystopian. My favorite reads of the last year are here: http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_... and there are some fantastic heroines in them!!

message 43: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Welcome one and all!

Keep an eye out for next months BOTMs and be sure to stop by and comment on our discussions

I wish you a lovely time in !YA Heroines!

message 44: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Hoehne (nikkirajaramlol) | 315 comments My name is Nikki and I loooove young adult paranaormal romance!!! my favorite books are Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck and The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa :)

message 45: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Hoehne (nikkirajaramlol) | 315 comments Kelsey is my favorite heroine:) btw

message 46: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 01, 2013 07:47PM) (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hey Nikki,

I really enjoyed reading the Iron Fey Series! And although I have not read Tiger's Curse, I've seen really good reviews from it. I hope you have a great time in our group.

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Hi I'm Elizabeth and my fav author is Cassandra Clare clary and rose are my fav characters I love YA books I'm addicted bad and I bore most of the people I talk to with the books I'm reading so I'd like to be part of a group who like to talk about books I love the books were the girls don't sit back and wait for the white horse to show up so I'm excited to be part of this group

message 48: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments Hello and welcome Elizabeth!
I'm glad to hear that you're excited to be in our group. Next month we'll be reading the Mortal Instruments series so please join in the discussion!

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2466 comments Chelsea wrote: "Hello and welcome Elizabeth!
I'm glad to hear that you're excited to be in our group. Next month we'll be reading the Mortal Instruments series so please join in the discussion!"

i would love to I have talked pretty much everyone in my family into reading them I love cassandra clare

message 50: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) | 1955 comments LOL, no such luck for me I'm the oldest child. Then I have my parents... no they don't read.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10