Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Challenges Archive > DHASG January Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jan 31, 2013 11:07PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
DHASG January Reading Challenge

Introduction: January is the first month of 2013. In honor of the occasion, we are going to base the theme for our first monthly challenge ever around this theme of new beginnings and January in general.

Duration: January 1st- January 31st, 2012.

Rules:

1. Any member may participate in the challenge. Please let the coordinator know you are signing up. Post your beginning and ending list of stats when you are done.

2.You may only count a book once for this challenge.

Levels:
1. In with a bang: Read 8-11 books
2. Optimistic about 2013: Read 7-5 books
3. Taking it Slowly: Read 3-4 books

Categories:

1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.

3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.

4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: MLK Day is the third Monday of January, and in the United States, this is a national holiday. In honor of this hugely respected civil rights leader, read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice.

5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine.

6. Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. In honor of this day, read a YA or coming of age novel.

7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people.

8. Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character.

9. New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge.

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer.

11. One is the Loneliest Number: Read a standalone book.

Any questions?

**Thanks to Wikipedia.org for most of the information about the month of January.***

Challenge Participants:

*Pamela(AllHoney)
*Lady Danielle 'The Book Huntress'--DONE
*Cassandra
*Wan-Dragon's Wan
*Nikita--DONE
*Trish
*Adrian
*Danny
*Jenny
*Lisa
*Tina Theresa--DONE
*Cindi
*Suzanne--DONE
*Brittany--DONE
*Elizabeth--DONE
*Cassandra--DONE
*Kryptonite--DONE
*Amanda--DONE

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I'm in, Lady D ☺

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
Cool!. Thanks for signing up!

message 4: by Cassandra (last edited Jan 11, 2013 05:26PM) (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 27 comments I'm in!
DHASG January Challenge 2013 - 7/7 Read (Level 2)
New Years Day: The Hollow by Nora Roberrts - Jan 2, 2013
New Beginnings: Virgin River by Robyn Carr - Jan 3, 2013
Garnet: Killbox by Ann Aguirre - Jan 5, 2013
Coming of Age Day: Kindred by J.A. Redmerski - Jan 6, 2013, 2013
Baby It’s Cold Outside: 'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries - Jan 8, 2013
Handsel Monday: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - Jan 9, 2013
In with the new, Out with the Old: Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn - Jan 11, 2013
The Hollow (Sign of Seven, #2) by Nora Roberts Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Killbox (Sirantha Jax, #4) by Ann Aguirre Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2) by J.A. Redmerski 'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 5: by Wan (last edited Dec 28, 2012 06:21AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Ok. I'm in Level 2.

DH-Monthly
1/1/13-1/31/13
Level 2: 0/5+

1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.

3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.

4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: MLK Day is the third Monday of January, and in the United States, this is a national holiday. In honor of this hugely respected civil rights leader, read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice.

5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine.

6. Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. In honor of this day, read a YA or coming of age novel.

7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people.

8. Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character.

9. New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge.

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer.

message 6: by Isha (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:29AM) (new)

Isha I'm in!

Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group - Monthly Reading Challenges
~ DHASG January Monthly Challenge ~

Duration: 1 January 2013 - 31 January 2013

Level: In with a bang
5 read

3. Three Wise-Men (three main characters):The Night Is Mine by [auhtor:M.L. Buchman] - 08/01 ★★★

7. Doors (transitions and changes for people): Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione - 11/01 ★★★★

9. New Years Day: Tantalizing by Lori Foster - 03/01 ★★

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Fantasy by Lori Foster - 03/01 ★★★

11. One is the Loneliest Number: Public Displays Of Affection by Susan Donovan - 05/01 ★★

The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1) by M.L. Buchman Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Unbelievable (Fantasy/Tantalizing) (Hqn) by Lori Foster Fantasy (Visitation 0.5) by Lori Foster Public Displays of Affection by Susan Donovan

message 7: by ♥Trish♥ (new)

♥Trish♥ | 2 comments I'm in! This will be my first ever reading challange, thanks for the invite. I will go with level 3

Glad you decided to join, Trish! Let me know if you have any questions!

message 9: by Adrian (new)

Adrian | 3 comments Im in! Since this is my first, I'm going level 3!!

Thanks for joining, Adrian!

message 11: by ♥Trish♥ (new)

♥Trish♥ | 2 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Glad you decided to join, Trish! Let me know if you have any questions!"

Thanks so much! I will

message 12: by Danny (new)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 22 comments O.K. I give the January challenge a try.

Last year, I read about 200 books. I am not sure that I will read as much this year, but I could risk to tell that I am of Level 2.

message 13: by Jenny (last edited Jan 20, 2013 11:38AM) (new)

Jenny | 39 comments I'll give January's challenge a try too. I think I'll say that I'll take it slow. So level one with the option that if I can I will add more as I can.
Categories:

5 / 4

✓ 1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author. The Unidentified Redhead 1/20/13

✓ 5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine. Full Moon Rising 1/11/13

✓ 7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people. Reflected in You 1/3/13

✓ 9. New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge. A Perfect Blood 1/19/13

✓ 10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer. Magic Strikes 01/02/2013

The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ian in too! Thanks

message 15: by Tina Theresa (last edited Jan 25, 2013 08:34PM) (new)

Tina Theresa | 96 comments DHASG January Reading Challenge
Duration: January 1st- January 31st, 2012.
Level 1: 8/8

1. New Beginnings: (first in series) Slave to Sensation 1/11

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Caressed by Ice 1/25

3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-(wise men-nerds) Alien Proliferation 1/7

4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: SKIP

5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. Primal Bonds 1/8

6. Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. (read a YA) City of Ashes 1/12

7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. (widowed) Moonglow 1/6

8. Handsel Monday: SKIP

9. New Years Day: Nobody's Angel 1/14

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Maverick Elite Ops 2 1/23

Alien Proliferation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #4) by Gini Koch Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley Moonglow (Darkest London, #2) by Kristen Callihan Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me, #2) by Kallypso Masters Maverick (Elite Ops, #2) by Lora Leigh Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh

message 16: by Cindi (last edited Jan 07, 2013 03:47PM) (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments I'm in! Probably only L2 but maybe more ....

1. NEW BEGINNINGS: Iced
6. COMMING OF AGE: Don't You Wish

message 17: by Suzanne (last edited Jan 30, 2013 09:29AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 124 comments Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group
DHASG January Monthly Challenge
Duration:
1/1/2013 - 1/31/2013

Progress: 11 out of 11

Categories:

1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you authorL
Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn - ***** - 1/10/2013

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather: Set in Russia
The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole - ***** - 1/8/2013

3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries: Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage:
Undone by Rachel Caine - ***** - 1/8/2013

4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: MLK Day is the third Monday of January, and in the United States, this is a national holiday. In honor of this hugely respected civil rights leader, read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice:
Etched in Silver by Yasmine Galenorn - ***** - 1/30/2013

5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color: Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine:
Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas - ***** - 1/18/2013

6. Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. In honor of this day, read a YA or coming of age novel:
The Call of the Wild by Jack London - ***** - 1/23/2013

7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door: Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people:
Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas - ***** - 1/21/2013

8. Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character:
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - ***** - 1/6/2013

9. New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge:
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James - *** - 1/3/2013

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer:
Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James - ** - 1/16/2013

11. One is the Loneliest Number: Read a standalone book:
Skipping Christmas by John Grisham - ***** - 1/24/2013

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas The Call of the Wild by Jack London Skipping Christmas by John Grisham Etched in Silver (Otherworld, #0.5) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Smith | 4 comments I'm new to the group but this sounds too fun to pass up. I have high hopes so I'm shooting for Level 1. Do we post as we complete each one or wait till we are done with the list?

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) I'm in, probably for level 2.

message 20: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 27 comments My post has been updated 1/? read (thinking level 2, but not sure yet)

Welcome, Brittany. Glad you joined!

I have all three of you signed up for the challenge (Brittany, Elizabeth, and Cassandra).

message 22: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 23, 2013 02:56PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) 9/9 read

1. New Beginnings:Never Lie to a Lady 1/2/2013 3*
2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift 1/20/2013 4*
3. Three Wise-Men:The Courage to Love 1/7/2013 2*
4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: Read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice.

5. Garnet: One Little Sin 1/20/2013 2*
6. Coming of Age Day: Out of Sight, Out of Time 1/7/2013 3*

8. Handsel Monday: Never Deceive a Duke 1/5/2013 2*

9. New Years Day: Whisper of Evil 1/8/2013 4*

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Body Check 1/23/2013 3*

11. One is the Loneliest Number: Turn It Up 1/6/2013 4*

message 23: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Smith | 4 comments So 4 down already. I'm going to need 2 months to finish all the series I'm starting. I've never changed to a new book without finishing the whole series, this is definitely a difficult challenge lol

You can do it, Brittany. And if you don't do that one, you still have 10 others to finish. But I believe in you!

message 25: by Danny (last edited Jan 12, 2013 02:06PM) (new)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 22 comments Hello,

1. First book of a series: The Substitute and Puppy Love
2.Cold outside: Slow Melt
3. Wise men: Again The Substitute The author is from Argentina and part of the story takes place there.
4. African-American: One of the 2 MCs of my own book Esclave à l'entraînement is African-American. But since I did not write it this year, I read Breakfast at Tiffany's and in Puppy Love two secondary characters, one white and the other black, fall in love with each other.
5. Garnet: I Like You
6. Coming of age: Invisible and Puppy Love
my own books are all about that subject.
7. Doors: The book of my friend Danielle Tremblay have doors on them.
8. Handsel Monday: The Spanking Room
9. New year Day: The Three Bears
10. Out with the old: Le photographe I had this book on a shelf of my library for years. I love Pierre Boulle. He was a great author. I don't know why I have not read it before.
11. One is the loneliest: Strictly His

* My January challenge is finished *

message 26: by Danny (new)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 22 comments It is me again. I do not know which interracial book to read. I need a non-sloppy book, something spicy, to be interested. So, do you have suggestions of books for me?

message 27: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 27 comments My post has been updated 4 read

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jan 11, 2013 06:53AM) (new)

Danielle's DHASG January Challenge

Level:?

Completed: 3/11

DONE 1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.---Once Again a Bride by Jane Ashford 1/11

DONE 2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.--Calculated in Death by JD Robb 1/10

DONE 8. Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character.--How to Entice an Earl by Manda Collins 1/7

message 29: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 27 comments My post has been updated. 7/7 read (level 2) Done!

Way to go, Cassandra!

message 31: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 27 comments Thanks Lady Danielle!

Level:?

Completed: 6/11

Update: 1/16/13

DONE 1. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.---Once Again a Bride by Jane Ashford 1/11

DONE 2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.--Calculated in Death by JD Robb 1/10

DONE 3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.--Beneath the Dark Ice by Greig Beck (has professors/scientist character) 1/15

5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine.(currently reading--Play of Passion--character named Garnet)

DONE 7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people. --Beast by Pepper Pace 1/13

DONE 8. Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character.--How to Entice an Earl by Manda Collins 1/7

DONE 10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 1/11

message 33: by Brittany (last edited Jan 20, 2013 10:44AM) (new)

Brittany Smith | 4 comments After Blow Me Down I was disappointed and couldn't bring myself to read Minion for number 4 with its bad reviews so finished with this.

10/11 DONE

1. DONE- THE GATHERING BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG. New Beginnings: Since January is the 1st month of the year, read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.

2. DONE- ICED BY KAREN MARIE MONING Baby It’s Cold Outside: Since January is the first full month of winter, read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.

3. DONE- THE RECKONING BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.

5. DONE- DARK LOVER BY J.R. WARD Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine.

6. DONE- THE SUMMONING BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. In honor of this day, read a YA or coming of age novel.

7. DONE- BITTEN BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people.

8. DONE- SPELL OF HIGHLANDER BY KAREN MARIE MONING Handsel Monday: In Scotland and northern England, they used to celebrate this day as the first Monday of the year. Read a book set in the United Kingdom, specifically Scotland or England, or with a British main character.

9. DONE- THE AWAKENING BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge.

10. DONE- ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND BY GENA SHOWALTER In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer.

11. DONE- BLOW ME DOWN BY KATIE MACALISTER One is the Loneliest Number: Read a standalone book.

Great job, Brittany!

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) post # 22 updated, 9/9 read

So are you counting yourself finished, Elizabeth? If so, congratulations!

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "So are you counting yourself finished, Elizabeth? If so, congratulations!"

Thanks Lady Danielle!

message 38: by Kryptonite (last edited Jan 24, 2013 04:22PM) (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 406 comments Finished!
Level 1: In with a Bang! Read (8/8)

1. Read the first book in a series or the first book by a new to you author.
Slave to Sensation
by Nalini Singh (Reread 01/01)

2. Read a book set during cold weather, or with a title that pertains to cold, ice, snow, or in any way to winter weather.
Angels' Dance
by Nalini Singh (Read 01/02)

3. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.
The Beast in Him
by Shelly Laurenston- Heroine is a nerd (Read 01/01)

4. Read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice.
Return to Me
by Christy Reece- Hero fights for justice (Read 01/23)

5. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine.
The Greek's Christmas Baby
by Lucy Monroe (Read 01/06)

6. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people.
Sweet Revenge
by Christy Reece- Heroine went through some extreme changes (Read 01/20)

7. Read any book you want and count it towards this challenge.
Rock Chick
by Kristen Ashley (Read 01/10)

8. Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer.
Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss
by Maya Banks (Read 01/14)

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Angels' Dance (Guild Hunter, #4.75) by Nalini Singh The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2) by Christy Reece The Greek's Christmas Baby  by Lucy Monroe Sweet Revenge (Last Chance Rescue, #8) by Christy Reece Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss (Pregnancy & Passion, #3) by Maya Banks

Congratulations, Kryptonite!

message 40: by Isha (new)

Isha Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group - Monthly Reading Challenges
~DHASG January Monthly Challenge~

11/11 COMPLETED

1. New Beginnings (New Author): Angel Fire by Valmore Daniels - 26/01 ★★★

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside (Winter): Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis - 21/01 ★★★

3. Three Wise-Men (three main characters): The Night Is Mine by [auhtor:M.L. Buchman] - 08/01 ★★★

4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (African/American Character): Texas Wild by Brenda Jackson - 25/01 ★★

5. Garnet (Red): Red Heat by Nina Bruhns - 30/01 ★★★

6. Coming of Age Day (YA): Point Of Retreat by Colleen Hoover - 21/01 ★★★★★

7. Doors (transitions and changes for people): Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione - 11/01 ★★★★

8. Handsel Monday (Set in Scotland: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young - 30/01 ★★★★★

9. New Years Day: Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon - 28/01 ★★★★

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Fantasy by Lori Foster - 03/01 ★★★

11. One is the Loneliest Number (Standalone): Public Displays Of Affection by Susan Donovan - 05/01 ★★

Angel Fire (Fallen Angels, #1) by Valmore Daniels Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1) by Jill Shalvis The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1) by M.L. Buchman Texas Wild by Brenda Jackson Red Heat (Men In Uniform, #1) by Nina Bruhns Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fantasy (Visitation 0.5) by Lori Foster Public Displays of Affection by Susan Donovan

message 41: by Tina Theresa (new)

Tina Theresa | 96 comments Post #15 Done. 8/8

Congratulations, Tina Theresa, Nikita, and Suzanne!

message 44: by funnichic0318 (new)

funnichic0318 | 86 comments I've being doing this challenge and forgot to post. My bad! So here it is.

Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group - Monthly Reading Challenges
~ DHASG January Monthly Challenge ~

Progress: 8/9

Categories:

1. New Beginnings: Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black Wicked Ties by Shayla Black; Read 01/24/13

2. Baby It’s Cold Outside: Fury of Ice (Dragonfury, #2) by Coreene Callahan Fury of Ice by Coreene Callahan; Read 01/19/13

3. Three Wise-Men: Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2) by Shayla Black Decadent by Shayla Black; Read 01/31/13

5. Garnet: Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1) by Coreene Callahan Fury of Fire by Coreene Callahan; Read 01/04/13

6. Coming of Age Day: Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed by J. R. Ward; Read 01/09/13

7. Doors: Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione; Read 01/17/13

8. Handsel Monday: Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

9. New Years Day: Caden's Vow (Hell's Eight #6) by Sarah McCarty Caden's Vow by Sarah McCarty; Read 01/22/13

10. In with the new, Out with the Old: The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter; Read 01/10/13

Congrats, Amanda!

Level: In With A Bang

Completed: 11/11 DONE!!!

Update: 2/1/13

DONE 3. Three Wise-Men: January 6th is Three Wise-Men Day in Latin American countries. Read a book with three main characters, a book about wise men (sages, nerds, wizards, professors, etc), or set somewhere in Latin America or has a hero/heroine of Latino heritage.--Beneath the Dark Ice by Greig Beck (has professors/scientist character) 1/15

DONE 4. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday: MLK Day is the third Monday of January, and in the United States, this is a national holiday. In honor of this hugely respected civil rights leader, read a book with a hero or heroine who is African/American or Black African in descent or about a crusader who fights for justice. --Blue Remembered Earth by Alistair Reynolds 1/31

DONE 5. Garnet: Garnet is the birthstone of January birthdays. It stands for constancy, and it’s deep red in color. Read a book with a red color or with red somewhere on the cover, or in the name. If you can find a character named Garnet, that will work too. Alternately, read a book with a steadfast hero or heroine. --Play of Passion by Nalini Singh--character named Garnet 1/16

DONE 6. Coming of Age Day: In Japan, the second Monday of January is Coming of Age day. In honor of this day, read a YA or coming of age novel. --The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 1/11

DONE 7. Doors: Ianus is Latin for door. Read a book with a door on the cover, in the title, or a book about transitions and changes for people. --Beast by Pepper Pace 1/13

DONE 9. New Years Day: Most of us get January 1st off from work. In honor, read any book you want and count it towards this challenge. --Merlyn's Raven by Rose Eynden Vanden 1/03

DONE 10. In with the new, Out with the Old: Read a book that you’ve had on your pile since last year or longer. --Surrendering All But Her Heart by Melanie Milburne 1/24

DONE 11. One is the Loneliest Number: Read a standalone book. --Dearest Traitor by Patricia Wilson 1/12

message 47: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Oops, I forgot to do challenge :(

That's okay!