The Undomestic Goddess The Undomestic Goddess question

Need another funny chic lit book
Jen Jen Dec 26, 2012 12:59PM
I'm looking for another funny book similar to Sophie Kinsella's Undomestic Goddess and Can You Keep a Secret. Any suggestions?

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella also by Sophie Kinsella made me laugh so hard.

Others that you might enjoy:
Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot it's a series and is really good
Be Careful What You Wish For by Alexandra Potter
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

F 25x33
Denise Fiona Gibson books my favourite so far the woman that woman that upped and left . And Sophie Kensella is my favourite for lighted charmly wity reads
Nov 15, 2018 01:59AM · flag

Try something by Emily Giffin like "Something Borrowed" or something by Susan Strohmeyer :)

I just finished I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella--is my new favourite--up there with the Confessions of a Shopaholic Series!

Yes, definitely another Sophie Kinsella's "I've got your number". It's cute, it's funny, it's sweet and it's hilarious!!! A must read.

The Harder They Fall by Trish Jensen. It's old but it's funny.

M Jan 02, 2013 01:17PM   0 votes
I enjoyed Ali McNamara's From Notting Hill to Love Actually and Erin Brady's And The Winner Is and Shopping Swap. Very Kinsella like.

I enjoyed all of Sophie Kinsella's books. After I finished all her books I moved on to the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk. I enjoyed the first two books: I Heart New York and I Heart Hollywood. I lost interest during the third book: I Heart Paris and I didn't read anymore in the series but the first two are great!

Crystal (last edited Jun 06, 2013 06:31PM ) Jun 06, 2013 06:31PM   0 votes
Try One Week and TomorrowOne Week and Tomorrow One Week and Tomorrow by Crystal Allison Gore

I stumbled on this and wanted to thank Jackie for referring the Little Agency Lady books! I am currently on book 2 and I am loving the series! Perfect chick lit!

The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski and Me & Mr. Darcy (very funny) by Alexandra Potter

Michelle (last edited Jan 05, 2014 03:52PM ) Jan 05, 2014 03:48PM   0 votes
I am the author of Written in the Stars, which I'm hoping will appeal to fans of Sophie Kinsella (she's my favorite author!). If anyone wants to read and review it, I'd be thrilled! Use the coupon code DE93C to get it free on Smashwords until the end of January 2014.

In terms of a recommendation that is not a shameless plug, I really loved the new Bridget Jones installment: Mad About the Boy.

A girl like you A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess

Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster Comes out in January. I read an advanced copy and laughed! It was so fun and very Kinsella like.

U 25x33
Tracey Joyce Try Mhari McFairlane, Who's that Girl? and Here's looking at you, I'm also a fan of Kinsella and really enjoyed Mhari's books aswell. ...more
Jun 28, 2019 02:21PM · flag

ppl need to get on my level. Im going to read 400 books in 2018 and im already on 359. lol i am the book work king

Donna Hepburn Flips-Flops, Fiesta & Flamenco
Jo Watson
Bernice Bloom -Diary of an Adorable Fat Girl

I prefer "clean" Chick lit....without pervasive profanity!

Read anything by Jennifer Cruise or Catherine Andersen for funny, romantic and a great read.

Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella is great. I found a book awhile ago called "The Next Big Thing" by Johanna Edwards. Loved that one too! :)

I recommend Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James and Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James or anything from Julie James. They're awesomely funny and sexy :)

I recommend Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie!

I am a guy who reads and likes chic-lit. My wife and I do not always agree on which books are good, but here are a few of my favorites. The entire Stephanie Plum Series, "Goddess of Fried Okra", "Finding Felicity", "Aladdin's Samovar", "Lady of Devices" series and one that is for the younger readers, "Dark Side of the Mirror". For something a little racier try Kim Harrison's series starting with "Dead witch Walking".

Ninja Nanny: The Beginning Chick lit with adventure included. :)