YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archive > Story-Telling Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 280 (280 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 06:37AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments The Story Telling Challenge ~ A Weekly Theme Challenge

Hi Everyone,

We're always trying to infuse a little creativity into our challenges. We want your participation, but we also want to give you freedom to read what you want:)

This is another challenge where all you have to do is participate to have a chance to win.

Here is how it works:
We will start off posting a story-starting scenario and a related question. Every week there is a continuation of the story and another related question here:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

-Create a Story-Telling Shelf
-Read one book each week that "fits" with the question. You may only use a book once in this challenge. It can't count for multiple weeks.
- Post a review on this thread in the same time period, and get one raffle chance to win a prize at the end. **We'll even give you a bonus raffle chance for every book you use for a Buddy Read!

This challenge will run from January 1- April 1.
There will be 3 winners chosen by raffle. Each will receive an ebook!
Please respond to this thread if you are participating.

We hope you'll give this a try :)
♥Your Mods

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara I am in:)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in!

message 4: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments I'm in! =)

message 5: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I'm in ;)

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments I'm in! :o)

message 7: by Sara (last edited Dec 26, 2012 10:23AM) (new)

Sara Vicki wrote: "I'm in! :o)"

Vicki, I will help you find one with a grandpa on the cover hahahaha!
How about The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry ? You know I'm just teasing;-)

message 8: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments LOL!! Sexy Beast!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments I don't really understand what we are suppose to do. Can someone explain it a little more? Please?

message 10: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 12:32PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sure Kelly :)
Did you go to this link?
Answer the question e.x. this week's question is what does your ideal guy/girl look like? so, you're supposed to find a book this week with someone who is your ideal guy or girl on the cover and read and review it during the week of Jan. 1-Jan7. Since this challenge runs through April 1st, on January 1st I'll post the scenario and questions that correspond to every week of the challenge. That way you can find books that have the right kind of characters, or the right kind of covers ahead of time to answer the weekly theme questions.
Does that help?

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments Sara wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I'm in! :o)"

How about The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry? You know I'm just teasing;-)"

Humm, you're acting like we're in a cut-throat challenge! Lol As long as he is good to me, nothing else matters much!

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments Greta wrote: "Sure Kelly :)
Did you go to this link?
Answer the question e.x. this week's question is what does your ideal guy/girl ..."

Thanks, Greta, cuz I was confused, too! Lol

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Vicki wrote: "Sara wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I'm in! :o)"

How about The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry? You know I'm just teasing;-)"

Humm, you're acti..."

It is all in fun! One book a week is an easy challenge. Hopefully;)

message 14: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 04:26PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think one book a week is pretty do-able, too,, but everyone reads at different paces. That's what really decided us on making this a raffle challenge. At the end, I'm going to list all of the 13 of the books i read, sort of like Mad Libs style, so it tells a bit of a story :)

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Ooh I love hot guys on covers ;)

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 536 comments I'm in~ :)

message 17: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yay! Angela and Gisbelle are in :)
Anyone have any books in mind yet? Well, besides Vicki ;)

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela | 536 comments Greta wrote: "Yay! Angela and Gisbelle are in :)
Anyone have any books in mind yet? Well, besides Vicki ;)"

I might read Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) by Elizabeth Reyes . He's hot-ish, I guess. o.o I actually wanted to read Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout , but I don't have it yet. I don't like reading ebooks so I was thinking about buying a physical copy of it. It's not going to come for awhile, so yeah... :/

message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments Greta wrote: "Sure Kelly :)
Did you go to this link?
Answer the question e.x. this week's question is what does your ideal guy/girl ..."

Yes, thanks.

message 20: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Angela, did you see in the other story-telling challenge thread that Novel posted a link for a Listopia list with all the books that guy ( the one on the cover of the Lux books) is on? His name his Pepe Toth and I didn't even know it till Novel told me, but he's been on a lot of YA book covers.

message 21: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments You're welcome, Kelly :) hope you do the challenge with us :)

message 22: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I am in.

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Hmmm.... someone hot, eh? Let me think... I might read The One For Me by Layla James or Fallen Too Far (Fallen Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines ... I can't decide. Too many hot guys!!! :D

message 24: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Hmmm.... someone hot, eh? Let me think... I might readThe One For Me by Layla James or Fallen Too Far (Fallen Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines... I can't decide. Too many hot guys!!! :D"

Fallen too far was amazing! You should definitely read it XD I'm in too!

message 25: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I'm in! :o)"

LOL!

message 26: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments I'm in!!! But, how do you do the tiny book cover things?

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments Okay everyone, I might be a grandma but I CAN and have done better than Grandpa the Giver!! Think I'll find my own hot guy, young or old! Probably young due to a lack of choices. Still looking!

message 28: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Kelly, right above the comment box is add book/author link. Click on it . Then type the name of the book, and click on the dot for cover, then search. When your book is found, click add. It will return you to the comment box. Finish what you are writing, post it, and you should see your book.

message 29: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Vicki, I don't know . Maybe Grandpa the Giver has a secret sexy side...lol!

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara Greta wrote: "Vicki, I don't know . Maybe Grandpa the Giver has a secret sexy side...lol!"

Hahahahaha

message 31: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments LOL! I just realized how much I missed Sara and Vicki's banters, I'm glad it's back! =D

message 32: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments Greta wrote: "Kelly, right above the comment box is add book/author link. Click on it . Then type the name of the book, and click on the dot for cover, then search. When your book is found, click add. It will re..."
Cool thanks.

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments Which one? Awakened , Sweet Evil , or Obsidian ?

message 34: by Greta (last edited Dec 27, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Tough call...hmmm...I'd definitely say it would be between Sweet Evil and Obsidian for me.
I think Daemon is hotter, but Sweet Evil better.

message 35: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Oops, I wrote "I'm in" in the wrong thread. So...I'm in! Not sure what i'm reading yet though.

Kelly, that's a tough decision! I loved all 3 books, but I'd say the hottest guy is definitely Daemon from Obsidian for me :)

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 35 comments KK, thanks.

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara Vicki! Where are you Vicki!
So if The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry ain't doing it for you maybe This guy will Diary of a Mall Santa by Stewart Scott hahaha
Or i found a third one for you The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle ! Heck! I might even go for guy number 3!

message 38: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think I have to go raid Novel's read shelf. She's read a lot of New Adult books with hotties on the cover :)

message 39: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Didn't realize how hard it is to find a guy I would describe as hot on the cover!

message 40: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Lol! I know what you mean. I think it's cause I only find them to after I've read the book!

message 41: by Greta (last edited Dec 27, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I've already read it, but I would suggest Mobster's Girl (Mobster, #1) by Amy Rachiele ? I think he's hot! The story is great and it's a cheap book and a short read!

message 42: by Sara (new)

Sara Greta wrote: "I've already read it, but I would suggest Mobster's Girl (Mobster, #1) by Amy Rachiele? I think he's hot! The story is great and it's a cheap book and a short read!"

Ilike this series. Can't wait for the third book.

message 43: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I haven't even checked to see when it comes out, but I 'm absolutely going to read book 3!

message 44: by Sara (new)

Sara I think she was trying for January. These books were 5s for me;)

message 45: by Angela (new)

Angela | 536 comments Greta wrote: "Angela, did you see in the other story-telling challenge thread that Novel posted a link for a Listopia list with all the books that guy ( the one on the cover of the Lux books) is on? His name his..."

Yeah, I know he's been on a lot of book covers. Pepe Toth *-* I don't want to have to wait for the copy to come in the mail, and most are series. When school starts again, I won't have time to finish the series. -_-

message 46: by Jess (new)

Jess | 329 comments I'll give it a try, this sounds like fun! :) Now I just have to find a hot guy... I think the only challenge here will be picking just one! ;)

message 47: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Angela (: wrote: "Greta wrote: "Angela, did you see in the other story-telling challenge thread that Novel posted a link for a Listopia list with all the books that guy ( the one on the cover of the Lux books) is on..."

What kind of a name is Pepe Toth?He's hot,so I think his name doesn't matter.

message 48: by Angela (new)

Angela | 536 comments Mishma wrote: "Angela (: wrote: "Greta wrote: "Angela, did you see in the other story-telling challenge thread that Novel posted a link for a Listopia list with all the books that guy ( the one on the cover of th..."

Eh. I don't like his name either, tbh. He is hot though ;D

message 49: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Jessica, I'm actually finding myself having a bit of a hard time finding a hot guy cover and a book I want to read. Lol !

message 50: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments I have only found 2 books I might even consider and they still aren't my fav.... Well, guess I'll just have to keep looking ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.