YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archive > Story -Telling Challenge Scenarios

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Greta (last edited Jan 01, 2013 06:11AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments
Scenario We decided to hide all the scenarios. We think it's more fun, but it's up to you if you want to peek ahead!

Week 1: Jan. 1-Jan 7 You hear the phone ring and you answer it. It's your crush! How do you picture him/her? Read a book this week that has your dream guy/girl on the cover.

Week 2: Jan 8-14 (view spoiler)

Week 3: Jan. 15- Jan. 21(view spoiler)

Week 4: Jan. 22-Jan. 28(view spoiler)

Week 5: Jan. 29-Feb. 4(view spoiler)

Week 6: Feb. 5-Feb. 11 (view spoiler)

Week 7: Feb 12-Feb. 18 (view spoiler)

Week 8: Feb 19-Feb. 25 (view spoiler)

Week 9: Feb. 26-Mar. 4 (view spoiler)

Week 10: Mar. 5-Mar. 11 (view spoiler)

Week 11: Mar.12-Mar. 18 (view spoiler)

Week 12: Mar. 19-Mar. 25(view spoiler)

Week 13: Mar. 26-April 1 (view spoiler)

message 2: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments I can't wait to start this challenge!

message 3: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I'm really excited also! 13 books in 13 weeks! It's pretty easy to do :)

message 4: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments ^Yep! This is going to be fun! Now I have to look for the book with my perfect guy on the cover, haha!

message 5: by Greta (last edited Dec 26, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Too bad I read all the books with Ash in it, and we won't have another Daemon book for a while :(

message 6: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Too bad I read all the books with Ash in it, and we won't have another Daemon book for a while :("

I know! But the Lux series cover have been recycled many times... there is actually a listopia dedicated to them (Pepe Toth and his girlfriend Sztella Tziotziosz). You can check it here:
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/15...

message 7: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Wow! I didn't know about all those!

message 8: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I'm in! Sounds fun :)

message 9: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Yay! Jalyn, this one is partially inspired by you, because you said you did a weekly theme challenge in another group :)

message 10: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Awe yay! This is almost exactly the same except for the story part (nice touch by the way!) and I enjoy it. You still get to pick what you want to read and everyone has a fair shot at winning! :D

message 11: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Thanks! Sandee brought the story concept to us, I'm just the one who got to write all the story questions :)

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Got to go look for tall, dark and handsome!

message 13: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sara wrote: "Got to go look for tall, dark and handsome!"
me too!!

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara I need an older guy, not one of these teenagers on all these YA books LOL

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 2272 comments Unlike Sara (who herself said she needs an old guy), I only need a perfectly mature guy, distinguished looking, and tall, dark, & handsome, too. I'm on the hunt! James Bond type but with womanizing! Lol

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara Vicki wrote: "Unlike Sara (who herself said she needs an old guy), I only need a perfectly mature guy, distinguished looking, and tall, dark, & handsome, too. I'm on the hunt! James Bond type but with womanizing..."

Haha. Just older than a teenager:) like Closer A Novella by Dannika Dark except maybe not so pretty. I need more rugged!!

message 17: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Yay! Can't wait to start!

message 18: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Good thing I kept Obsidian for January.

message 19: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Good choice, Mishma! Wish I had a Daemon Black book for this challenge :(

Kenzie, I'm excited also! I still need to find my book...haha!

message 20: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Greta wrote: "Good choice, Mishma! Wish I had a Daemon Black book for this challenge :(

Kenzie, I'm excited also! I still need to find my book...haha!"

lol Me too^^

message 21: by Greta (last edited Dec 27, 2012 02:39PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I was considering Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry ! But it's kind of hard to see him. It has good reviews, though.

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Greta wrote: "I was considering Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry! But it's kind of hard to see him. It has good reviews, though."

The book is so good. My best read this year :) We cannot make out with the guy looks like, though. But this cover version we can see a bit of his face Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry

message 23: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments I'm in too! :)

message 24: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Even though we can never win, it's still fun :)

message 25: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Greta wrote: "I was considering Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry! But it's kind of hard to see him. It has good reviews, though."

The book is so good. My best read this year :) We cannot ma..."

Agree, probably my favorite read of 2012. It was amazing!

message 26: by Jess (new)

Jess | 329 comments Question: For week 3, could it also be a mythical creature like a siren?

message 27: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Waaah, I still don't have a book for week 1...this book si interesting, i loved the cover (yummy, lol!) but it doesn't show his face... Altered (Altered, #1) by Jennifer Rush

message 28: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Lol, i think it still counts!

message 29: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Greta wrote: "Lol, i think it still counts!"

Really? Cool, I really wish I could see his eyes though. I'll start this book tonight. =)

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara Novel wrote: "Greta wrote: "Lol, i think it still counts!"

Really? Cool, I really wish I could see his eyes though. I'll start this book tonight. =)"

That book looks good! I will watch for your review.

message 31: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Novel wrote: "Waaah, I still don't have a book for week 1...this book si interesting, i loved the cover (yummy, lol!) but it doesn't show his face...Altered (Altered, #1) by Jennifer Rush"

Just got this book!!! Can't wait to start reading, though it won't count for this challenge cuz I already did week 1 XD

message 32: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Kenzie wrote: "Novel wrote: "Waaah, I still don't have a book for week 1...this book si interesting, i loved the cover (yummy, lol!) but it doesn't show his face...Altered (Altered, #1) by Jennifer Rush"

Just got this boo..."

do you want to read it with me?

message 33: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I'm going to save Pushing the Limits for later in the challenge. Im starting with Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer, #1) by Lish McBride I can't resist a good book written from the male POV :)

message 34: by Sara (new)

Sara I think I will use Closer A Novella by Dannika Dark or Broken Promises by Belinda Boring Hard to find a guy that isn't too much of a pretty boy.

message 35: by Greta (last edited Jan 02, 2013 04:32PM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sara wrote: "I think I will use Closer A Novella by Dannika Dark or Broken Promises by Belinda Boring Hard to find a guy that isn't too much of a pretty boy." I like the one on the left better :)

message 36: by Sara (new)

Sara I want to read a book I already own. I want to read these 2, just not many books with guys on the cover and I own a lot of books.

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle It is me or there are 2 thread for this challenge?

message 38: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments There are two threads. One of them was supposed to be just for reviews, but it's fine.

message 39: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Oh I see. So which one for review hun? I don't want to mess up your thread.

message 40: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Lol! It was the other one. The one with the explanation of the challenge on top. Honestly, though, It doesn't matter that much :)

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara Greta wrote: "Sara wrote: "I think I will use Closer A Novella by Dannika Dark or Broken Promises by Belinda Boring Hard to find a guy that isn't too much of a pretty boy." I like the one on the left be..."

Me too. I like my men to wear shirts. I need to read the one on the right to see why he needs to go shirtless

message 42: by Sara (new)

Sara Haha just realized neither one has a shirt! Guess I like them shirtless;)

message 43: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sounds good to me! Lol!

message 44: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks Greta

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

This looks really cool. Going to look through my bookcase for week one AND I'm going to try not to look ahead and just take one week at a time.

message 46: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think it's away more fun not to peek ;)

message 47: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Sara wrote: "Haha just realized neither one has a shirt! Guess I like them shirtless;)"

LOL, mine isn't wearing one either!

message 48: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments I'm reading Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard . I've meant to read this so many times and I keep putting it off because it never fits into a challenge. Yay for one that it finally works for! Lol :D

message 49: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Oops, I think I put that ^ in the wrong thread. Lol :P

message 50: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Can I still read for the first week? LOL!
I'll read Charade (Games, #1) by Nyrae Dawn

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.