Terminalcoffee discussion

Group Info > Things You Think A Newcomer to Terminalcoffee Should Know

Comments Showing 1-50 of 430 (430 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments 1) You will be teased and tested. If you don't like being teased or tested, try making your first post a post in a thread about something. Talk about a book (not the one you're selling) or music or food. You may not get out of the hazing, but it may not go as badly.

2) We frown on bad grammar. Exceptions may be made, but you have to prove you know the rules first.

3) Your posts here are public. If you post something graphically personal, we will assume you are a troll, since most real humans would not post something graphically personal to a group of total strangers. Again, exceptions may be made.

4) We appreciate when comments are properly categorized.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments 5) Don't bother hanging out here if you are a troll or a spammer. Why would you want to hang out with people who don't want you around? Go elsewhere.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments You should add that people here are nice and really funny which may or may not lead you to forget some of the things you need to know.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments Regarding #6...

Yeah, listen to what she said, fuckers!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Dec 19, 2012 03:27PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24155 comments Mod
7) If you love discussing your sex life, your menstruation, your body effluvia, or anything else you suspect not everyone will want to hear about, we have a thread for that:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 6: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24155 comments Mod
8) If you want to talk about coffee, books, a particular author (especially a classic author), the English language, or some type of food or cuisine, there is probably already a thread about it. Look for this thread before you start a new one.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) 9) ^ And she means it.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeehah!

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Or, go to the "ask Heidi" thread and see if she can find a thread about said topic for you. This leads to zombie threads, which we love.

message 10: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments This is the mod hat of Sarah Pi.

message 11: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments (stolen from the other thread)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Phil wrote: "This is the mod hat of Sarah Pi.

"

Where is the LIKE button? :D

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments #12 If you want to talk about sports there are 2 threads out of 2987 for that. Please find them and use them only.

#13 If you want to say something nice about the mods you can do that on any thread. I suppose THEY would like that.

#14 If you have thin skin and find something offensive or hurtful use the 5 second rule (which is wait 1 full day + 5 seconds before you rifle something mean back. Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

#15 Our pets heads are falling off.

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments #16 This isn't the shit Al Gore had in mind when he dreamed up a network of talking computers that could send each other stuff over a bunch of invisible nets.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ^^^ right, he was thinking more of people sharing long clips of people playing World Of Warcraft or foreign soccer highlights on YouTube

message 16: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Kevin wrote: "^^^ right, he was thinking more of people sharing long clips of people playing World Of Warcraft or foreign soccer highlights on YouTube"

Or crazy cat women posting fucking cutesy clips of their cats - have I ever mentioned how much I hate them? - or aspiring Stevie Ray Vaughns demonstrating how to play "Pride and Joy" piss poorly or kids upchucking their Cheerios from their high chairs or morons uploading videos of themselves from their bedazzled iPhones.

Merry fucking Christmas...

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Phil wrote: "This is the mod hat of Sarah Pi.

"

That is totally my mod hat. But only the one on the right. I don't look good in pink.

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments clark - although i am totally a sucker for asian kids playing ukes and singing. total sucker. i watch them frequently

message 19: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Kevin wrote: "clark - although i am totally a sucker for asian kids playing ukes and singing. total sucker. i watch them frequently"

You are forgiven. Even God has his foibles. How best to explain light beer or vegans?

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm sorry, but there's just no excuse for light beer.

message 21: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Or Roger Clinton's recording career.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments or jessica going for a schmuck like roger rabbit

message 23: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Or keytars. No one - absolutely NO ONE - has ever looked cool playing one of those.

message 24: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Or aluminum baseball bats.

message 25: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Or the game-misconduct fight instigator penalty in hockey.

message 26: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Félix wrote: "I'm sorry, but there's just no excuse for light beer."

You may as well just drink sparkling water. With your pinkie finger raised in the air, of course.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Of course.

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Barb wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "8) If you want to talk about coffee, books, a particular author (especially a classic author), the English language, or some type of food or cuisine, there is probably already a..."

<3

message 29: by Bibliophile (new)

Bibliophile | 125 comments Hmm. As a newbie I gotta ask: where's the hazing? So far you've all been awfully sweet and polite to me. Not that I particularly long to be harassed. Maybe you guys are nicer than you think?

message 30: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Dr. Detroit wrote: "Or aluminum baseball bats."

Who ever wore an aluminum baseball hat?

*tries to imagine*

message 31: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) 17) Those of us that go back a ways, and a few new ones who really clicked...well, we've got each other's backs 'round here. So, play nice. There is a difference between a debate and or discussion where you happen to disagree and being a mean, nasty, arse-face. If you attack one of us, you may find that you get all of us.

message 32: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Bibliophile wrote: "Hmm. As a newbie I gotta ask: where's the hazing? So far you've all been awfully sweet and polite to me. Not that I particularly long to be harassed. Maybe you guys are nicer than you think?"

You must have good grammar/spelling/typing skills...

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Like Susan? :) Worked out okay for her...once we decided she wasn't a troll after all. *snickers*

message 34: by Félix (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:48AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wait. Susan's not a troll?

message 35: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) *pushes Lix behind the ficus before Susan clobbers 'im*

message 36: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) 18) You don't want Amelia to call you an arse-face.

message 37: by Cyril (new)

Cyril How do you pronounce "arse" anyway. Is it how it's spelled or is it "ass"?

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Ass is a donkey. Arse is your butt!

message 40: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments Ass is John Boehner.

Arse is... well, it's John Boehner.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Donkeyman.

message 42: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4263 comments I say it how it's spelled. Arse arse arsey arse arse!

message 43: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments evie wrote: "Arse arse arsey arse arse!"

Oh, I see you've met Mr. Boehner.

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Hee hawlways calls me that.

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Here is a good example:

If FeLarryix still thinks I am a troll, then he is being an ASS! :D

message 46: by Phil (last edited Dec 21, 2012 09:32AM) (new)

Phil | 11629 comments Does he know his arse from a hole in the ground?

Can he tell shit from shinola?

message 47: by Cyril (new)

Cyril "Arse" doesn't slip off the tongue as easily as "ass."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

BunWat wrote: "American pronunciation- ass. Short flat a as in attack or flat.

English pronunciation - arse. Long aspirated a more like the a in water or arm"

PS for ENGLISH read the rest of the English speaking world. For AMERICAN read those wallies who have dared try, unsuccessfully, to correct the faults in the English language. (Nubes)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Further more. I pronounce the a in water more like the o in or. Where as the a in arse is pronounced like the a in are.

message 50: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Fair enough, Gail. But by pronouncing the words for posterior and donkey differently, speakers of UK English miss out on some very amusing limericks.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9