Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > December Monthly Reading Challenge - Participants Thread

Comments (showing 1-50 of 367) (367 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Nov 19, 2012 07:56PM) (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments December Monthly Challenge

This thread is for participants to post their lists and update their progress. The thread for suggestions is HERE.

1. 'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or by an author whose first or last name begins with 'D'.

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a December birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. RRRC December Birthday List

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is best known for the Green Bay Packers (the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States), their Cheeseheads (Wisconsin is known as America's Dairyland) and all the beer they drink (Milwaukee was once home to four of the world's largest breweries). I may have stretched the truth there a bit, but for this category you can also read a sports related book or one in which food/alcohol plays a large part in the story.

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice brings us the shortest day of the year, so read a short book - one under 200 pages.

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice also brings us the longest night, so read a book over 300 pages.

For those of you on the south side of the equator, just reverse those! =)

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Read a book with an unhappy, cynical or Scrooge like character.

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Read a book that features a happy, optimistic or Pollyanna like character.

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Out with the old… Read a book that has been neglected on your TBR, one that gets you current in a series, or an old favorite either book, author, or series.

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: And in with the new! Read something new to you - a new release, a new author or a new series.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.

You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories, depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitments.

When posting your progress, please make sure to put the date you finished each book.

Please repost your progress as it helps with updating!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments Yes, I am posting this early, hopefully that will help with all the holiday craziness surrounding us. Please remember though that the books need to be both started and finished within the month of December to qualify for this challenge! So don't think you can get a head start with your reading, only your planning! =)

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments And I'm in for 10, I'll post as I go!

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments I'm in for all 10 also - guess this means I'd better get busy and post the PIFM! :)

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "I'm in for all 10 also - guess this means I'd better get busy and post the PIFM! :)"

Yes please!

message 6: by Bookchaser (last edited Nov 28, 2012 12:33PM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1563 comments 2012 December Monthly Challenge

0/10 Completed

01. 'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or by an author whose first or last name begins with 'D'.

02. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a December birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically.
Happy Birthday Autumn! (December 19)
Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy
03. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is best known for the Green Bay Packers (the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States), their Cheeseheads (Wisconsin is known as America's Dairyland) and all the beer they drink (Milwaukee was once home to four of the world's largest breweries). I may have stretched the truth there a bit, but for this category you can also read a sports related book or one in which food/alcohol plays a large part in the story.
The Conqueror by Shari Anton
OR
Divorced, Desperate And Dating by Christie Craig
OR
Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig
04. Winter (Southern) Solstice (Dec 21) : The solstice brings us the shortest day of the year, so read a short book - one under 200 pages.
Under the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis
05. Winter (Southern) Solstice (Dec 21) : The solstice also brings us the longest night, so read a book over 300 pages.
Quicksilver by Amanda Quick
06. Humbug Day (Dec 21) : Read a book with an unhappy, cynical or Scrooge like character.
A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
07. Look on the Bright Side Day (Dec 21) : Read a book that features a happy, optimistic or Pollyanna like character.
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
08. New Year's Eve (Dec 31) : Out with the old… Read a book that has been neglected on your TBR, one that gets you current in a series, or an old favorite either book, author, or series.
Virtual Heaven by Ann Lawrence
OR
The Star Princess by Susan Grant
09. New Year's Eve (Dec 31) : And in with the new! Read something new to you - a new release, a new author or a new series.
Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
Primal Bonds by Jennifer Ashley
OR
A McKettrick Christmas by Linda Lael Miller

XXX Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) by Erin McCarthyXXX The Conqueror by Shari AntonXXX Divorced, Desperate And Dating (Divorced, #2) by Christie CraigXXX Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie CraigXXX Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5) by Jill ShalvisXXX Quicksilver (Looking Glass Trilogy, #2; Arcane Society, #11) by Amanda QuickXXX A Fool's Gold Christmas (Fool's Gold, #10) by Susan MalleryXXX Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) by L.M. MontgomeryXXX Virtual Heaven by Ann LawrenceXXX The Star Princess (Star, #4) by Susan GrantXXX Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet #1) by Julia QuinnXXX Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer AshleyXXX A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10) by Linda Lael MillerXXX

message 7: by Laurie (last edited Dec 26, 2012 10:12PM) (new)

Laurie Martin | 304 comments 1. Deborah Coonts - Wanna Get Lucky?: 12/23
2. Julia Quinn - Ten Things I Love About You: 12/16
3. Kathleen Ernst - Old World Murder: 12/22
4. Diana Palmer - Man in Control: 12/11
5. Julia Quinn - What Happened in London: 12/13
6. Rachel Gibson - The Trouble with Valentine's Day: 12/21
7. Kasey Michaels - Everything's Coming Up Rosie: 12/20
8. Johanna Lindsey - The Present: 12/12
9. Sheila Lowe - Poison Pen: 12/24
10. Suzanne Simmons - Goodnight Sweetheart: 12/19

10/10 done.

Wanna Get Lucky? by Deborah Coonts Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3) by Julia Quinn Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) by Kathleen Ernst Man In Control (Silhouette Desire #1537) (Long, Tall Texans) by Diana Palmer What Happens in London (Bevelstoke #2) by Julia Quinn The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3) by Rachel Gibson Everything's Coming Up Rosie by Kasey Michaels The Present (Malory Family, #6) by Johanna Lindsey Poison Pen (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #1) by Sheila Lowe Goodnight, Sweetheart by Suzanne Simmons

message 8: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 121 comments I'm in. :)

message 9: by Pam (new)

Pam (TXPam) | 136 comments I'm IN.....books to follow!

message 10: by Irina (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:15PM) (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 460 comments Here's my List:

2012 December Monthly Challenge
Read: 9 out of 10

1. 'D' is for December: Devoured by Emily Snow ❤❤❤ ½ (5.12.12)

2. Happy Birthday Karen!: Rogue By Cheryl Brooks ❤❤❤ ½ (17.12.12)

3. Geography: The Perfect Game by J Sterling ❤❤❤❤ (18.12.12)

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Destroy Me By Tahereh Mafi ❤❤❤❤❤ (27.12.12)

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day ❤❤❤ 1/2 (28.12.12)

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: A Rare Gift by Jaci Burton

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Too Hot To Handle By Robin Kaye ❤❤❤❤ (12.12.12)

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston ❤❤❤❤ (27.12.12)

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout ❤❤❤❤❤ (16.12.12)

10. Reader's Choice: Seducing Mr. Knightly by Maya Rodale ❤❤❤❤❤ (17.12.12)

Devoured (Devoured, #1) by Emily Snow Rogue (Cat Star Chronicles, #3) by Cheryl Brooks The Perfect Game by J. Sterling Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day A Rare Gift (Kent Brothers, #2) by Jaci Burton Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2) by Robin Kaye Hunting Season (The Gathering #1) by Shelly Laurenston Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Seducing Mr. Knightly (The Writing Girls, #4) by Maya Rodale

message 11: by Juliet (last edited Dec 01, 2012 04:27AM) (new)

Juliet (jujuzz) 1. 'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or by an author whose first or last name begins with 'D'.

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia DayBared to You by Sylvia Day

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice brings us the shortest day of the year, so read a short book - one under 200 pages.

Blue Christmas (Weezie and Bebe Mysteries, #3) by Mary Kay AndrewsBlue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews
No. of Pages: 194

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The solstice also brings us the longest night, so read a book over 300 pages.

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcí­a MárquezLove in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

No. of Pages: 434

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Out with the old… Read a book that has been neglected on your TBR, one that gets you current in a series, or an old favorite either book, author, or series.

Atonement by Ian McEwanAtonement by Ian McEwan
Sitting on my TBR for 5 years already! Time to get it done with!

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: And in with the new! Read something new to you - a new release, a new author or a new series.

Second Chance Grill by Christine NolfiSecond Chance Grill by Christine Nolfi

First book by this author that I am going to read!

The Twitter Diaries 2 Cities, 1 Friendship, 140 Characters by Georgie ThompsonThe Twitter Diaries: 2 Cities, 1 Friendship, 140 Characters by Georgie Thompson

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments Welcome Juliet!

message 13: by Jensine (last edited Dec 15, 2012 12:28AM) (new)

Jensine (JJ1982) | 89 comments 1. The Duke And I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn **** 12-8-12
2. The Third Circle (The Arcane Society, #4) by Amanda Quick
3. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick** 12-12-12
4. Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1) by Moira Rogers ** 12-15-12
9. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
10. First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost**** 12-9-12

message 14: by Barbara ★ (last edited Nov 21, 2012 04:36AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3014 comments Not sure what I'm going to read yet but I'm in for 10 though I might have trouble with #6.

READ: 0/10

1. 'D' is for December: Dark Paradise - Tami Hoag

2. Happy Birthday Brenda!: Leaving Normal - Stef Ann Holm

3. Geography:Wisconsin: The Wheat Field - Steve Thayer (set in Wisconsin)

4. Winter Solstice: Venice Vampyr - Tina Folsom (139 pages)

5. Winter Solstice Kiss of Pride - Sandra Hill (384 pages)

6. Humbug Day: TBD

7. Look on the Bright Side Day: Faking It - Jennifer Crusie

8. New Year's Eve: The Jaguar Prince - Karen Kelley (on TBR since Feb 2010)

9. New Year's Eve: Mad Cow Nightmare - Nancy Wright (new author & new series)

10. Reader's Choice: The Accidental Tourist - Anne Tyler

Dark Paradise by Tami Hoag Leaving Normal by Stef Ann Holm The Wheat Field by Steve Thayer Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1) by Tina Folsom Kiss of Pride (Deadly Angels, #1) by Sandra Hill[TBD] Faking It (Dempseys #2) by Jennifer Crusie The Jaguar Prince (Princes of Symtaria, #1) by Karen Kelley Mad Cow Nightmare by Nancy Means Wright The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler

message 15: by Breann (last edited Dec 01, 2012 06:24PM) (new)

Breann | 2362 comments Read 0/8

1. 'D' is for December: Drawn Together

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Bareback

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Somebody Killed His Editor

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Red+Blue

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: My Regelence Rake

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Bran's Story

Drawn Together by Z.A. Maxfield I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal Rose Bareback (Bareback, #1) by Chris Owen Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1) by Josh Lanyon Red+Blue (Opposites Attract, #1) by A.B. Gayle My Regelence Rake (Sci-Regency, # 3) by J.L. Langley Bran's Story (The Slave Breakers, #1) by Maculategiraffe

message 16: by NayNay (last edited Dec 16, 2012 07:35AM) (new)

NayNay Sounds fun...I'm in for 10!

December Monthly Challenge
Duration:
Dec 01/12 - Dec 31/12

10/10

1. 'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or by an author whose first or last name begins with 'D'.
Dreams of Eli by Van Heerling 12/02/12 ****

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a December birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf.
Natalie Damschroder - Barefoot in the Sand
Barefoot in the Sand by Roxanne St. Claire 12/11/12 ***

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is best known for the Green Bay Packers, for this category you can also read a sports related book or one in which food/alcohol plays a large part in the story.
Echoes at Dawn by Kathleen Ann Gallagher 12/10/12 ****

Galdoni by Cheree Alsop 12/06/12 ***

Dance of Desire by Catherine Kean 12/03/12 *****

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Read a book with an unhappy, cynical or Scrooge like character.
I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark 12/01/12 ****

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Read a book that features a happy, optimistic or Pollyanna like character.
Enchanted by Patti Berg 12/16/12 ****

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer 12/02/12 *****

Gods and Kings: Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin 12/03/12 ****

Her Highness, The Traitor by Susan Higginbotham 12/06/12 *****

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark Dreams of Eli by Van Heerling The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings #1) by Lynn Austin Dance of Desire by Catherine Kean Her Highness, the Traitor by Susan Higginbotham Galdoni by Cheree Alsop Echoes at Dawn by Kathleen Ann Gallagher Barefoot in the Sand (Barefoot Bay, #1) by Roxanne St. ClaireEnchanted

message 17: by Ceej (new)

Ceej (drqangel) | 1015 comments

0/10

1. 'D' is for December: Seven Years to Sin
2. Happy Birthday!: Rules of Attraction
3. Geography: Hot Stuff
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Becoming Dante
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Rapture
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: To Catch an Heiress
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Going Cowboy Crazy
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Run the Risk
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Kiss of Pride
10. Reader's Choice: The Last Boyfriend

message 18: by Bre (last edited Dec 13, 2012 09:48PM) (new)

Bre | 215 comments 10/10 completed:

1. 'D' is for December: Sempre 12/7 ****

2. Happy Birthday!: Comfort Food 12/13 *****

3. Geography: Paradise Hops 12/10 ****

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The End of Summer 12/1 **

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Taking Shots 12/12 ***

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: The Ivy Lessons 12/5 ***

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Just for Now 12/13 ****

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: The Marriage Trap 12/2 ***

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: The Sweet Gum Tree 12/09 *****

10. Reader's Choice: While It Lasts 12/3 ***

message 19: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (jujuzz) MountainKat wrote: "Welcome Juliet!"

Thanks!

message 20: by Margarita (last edited Nov 21, 2012 01:38PM) (new)

Margarita | 6 comments I am in for all 10. :)

0/10
1. 'D' is for December: Deathscape
2. Happy Birthday, MJ!: In Rides Trouble
3. Geography: Strike Zone
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: One Night with a Hero
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The Secret of Ella and Micha
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21:
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21:
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Hell on Wheels
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: The Proposition
10. Reader's Choice:All In

message 21: by Ethel (last edited Dec 15, 2012 06:39AM) (new)

Ethel | 703 comments I'm in, I try to do all 10, but we'll see.. :) Great categories!

7/10 read

[1.12.] 4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Defying the Odds by Kele Moon (160pp)
[2.12.] 3. Geography: Taking Shots by Toni Aleo
[6.12.] 5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Beyond Eden by Catherine Coulter (439pp)
[8.12.] 6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
[8.12.] 7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Too Hot to Handle by Robin Kaye
[10.12.] 9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Master of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
[12.12.] 2. Happy Birthday Erin!: The Search by Nora Roberts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. 'D' is for December: Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione
-
-
-
-
-
-
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Reunion in Death by J.D: Robb (this is the 14th book of In Death serie)
-
10. Reader's Choice: Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

message 22: by Nikita (new)

Nikita | 500 comments I'm in!

2012 December Monthly Reading Challenge
Duration: December 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

0/10

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a December birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. RRRC December Birthday List

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin. Wisconsin is best known for the Green Bay Packers (the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States), their Cheeseheads (Wisconsin is known as America's Dairyland) and all the beer they drink (Milwaukee was once home to four of the world's largest breweries). I may have stretched the truth there a bit, but for this category you can also read a sports related book or one in which food/alcohol plays a large part in the story.

message 23: by Ren (new)

Ren (RenPuspita) | 121 comments December Monthly Challenge ~ 2012
Duration December 1 ~ December 31

Read : 0/8
(will post the book as I go)

1. 'D' is for December:

2. Happy Birthday!:

3. Geography :

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21 :

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21 :

6. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31 :

7. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31 :

8. Reader's Choice:

message 24: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Dec 18, 2012 05:31AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) December Monthly Challenge

1. 'D' is for December ---- Death Masks ---- Jim Butcher
2. Happy Birthday! ---- God save the queen ---- Kate Locke
3. Geography ---- Moonshifted ---- Cassie Alexander
4. Winter Solstice ---- Married in Zombies ---- Jesse Petersen
5. Winter Solstice --- Trapped ---- Kevin Hearne
6. Humbug Day ---- Summer Knight ---- Jim Butcher
7. Look on the Bright Side Day ---- Thorn Queen ---- Richelle Mead
8. New Year's Eve ---- Angelfall - Susan Ee
9. New Year's Eve ---- Angel Ink ---- Jocelynn Drake
10. Reader's Choice ---- Discount Armageddon ---- Seanan McGuire

10/10

Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5) by Kevin Hearne Angel's Ink (The Asylum's Tales, #1) by Jocelynn Drake God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke Moonshifted (Edie Spence, #2) by Cassie Alexander Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Married With Zombies (Living with the Dead, #1) by Jesse Petersen

message 25: by Angie (new)

Angie | 652 comments I'll go for 8 this month.

1. 'D' is for December: Devil's Gate - Thea Harrison
2. Happy Birthday Archer!: Wicked Nights - Gena Showalter
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Wind Kissed, Fire Bound - Anna Hackett
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Unmasqued - Colette Gale
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Outcast - Cheryl Brooks
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: How To Drive A Dragon Crazy - G.A. Aiken
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Into The Mist - Maya Banks
10. Reader's Choice: Now and Forever - Julia Templeton
Devil's Gate (Elder Races, #4.6) by Thea Harrison Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Wind Kissed, Fire Bound (WindKeepers #1) by Anna Hackett Unmasqued An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1) by Colette Gale Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4) by Cheryl Brooks How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (The Dragon Kin, #6) by G.A. Aiken Into the Mist (Falcon Mercenary Group, #1) by Maya Banks Now and Forever by Julia Templeton

message 26: by Ty (new)

Ty  | 1943 comments In for 10! will definitely post later...

message 27: by Wan (last edited Nov 22, 2012 04:21PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments I have so many books I need to finish for many challenges. So going to try all 10.

RRRC:December Monthly Challenge ~ 2012
Read : 0/10

1. 'D' is for December:
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21:
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21:
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21:
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:
10. My Choice:

message 28: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1020 comments Thanks for posting early. I have a ridiculous number of books to finish and it was good to fit them in. Wish me luck!

DECEMBER
0 of 10 Complete!

1. “D”: The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3) by Clare O’Donohue
2. Happy Birthday Laurielu!: Artistic Vision by Dana Marie Bell
3. Wisconsin: Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr (chef)
4. Winter Solstice -- Short: Kaibab Unbound by Kevin Hearne (24 pgs.)
5. Winter Solstice -- Long: Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis (324 pg.)
6. Humbug Day: The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts (Ryder)
7. Look on the Bright Side Day: High Intensity by Tara Joy (Tyberus)
8. New Year's, Old: Beneath the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis (current w/series)
9. New Year's, New: The Legend of Michael by Lisa Renee Jones (new series)
10. Reader's Choice: Samurai Game by Christine Feehan

To Read:
The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3)  by Clare O'Donohue Artistic Vision (Gray Court, #3) by Dana Marie Bell Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #15) by Robyn Carr Kaibab Unbound (Iron Druid Chronicles , #0.6) by Kevin Hearne Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6) by Jill Shalvis The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro, #3) by Nora Roberts High Intensity (Tyber and Zanita, #2) by Dara Joy Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5) by Jill Shalvis The Legend of Michael (Zodius, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones Samurai Game (Ghostwalkers #10) by Christine Feehan

Complete:

message 29: by Jaymie (last edited Dec 22, 2012 01:50PM) (new)

Jaymie (crazybookfanatic) | 4 comments I'm in for 10!

6/10 Completed

1. 'D' is for December: Undercover Professor by December Gephart
2. Happy Birthday Jennifer!: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
3. Geography: Red Zone by Sherri Hayes
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: All In by Raine Miller
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: When We Collide by A.L. Jackson
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Sunny Days for Sam
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby
10. Reader's Choice: The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

Undercover Professor by December Gephart Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2) by Sherri Hayes The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2) by Raine Miller When We Collide by A.L. Jackson Sunny Days for Sam by Jennifer Shirk Playing for Keeps (A Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 30: by Debra (new)

Debra (countrymom6) | 166 comments I'm in. I did pretty good last month so let's go again but will have to post my books n stuff later this weekend..

message 31: by Samantha (last edited Dec 26, 2012 03:19AM) (new)

Samantha Arnold (NahteeraiSamanthaArnold) 1. 'D' is for December Dreamland by Alyson Noel
2. Happy Birthday Shannon Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec 21 Dreamland by Alyson Noel
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21 Cinder by Marissa Meyer
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31 Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31Chosen by Sarah Swan
10. Reader's Choice Love Is Hell
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Chosen (The Seeker Saga, #1) by Sarah Swan Love Is Hell by Melissa Marr Dreamland (Riley Bloom, #3) by Alyson Noel

message 32: by Adis (new)

Adis (mylunar) | 146 comments December Monthly Challenge ~ 2012
Read : 0/10

1. 'D' is for December:
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21:
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21:
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21:
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:
10. My Choice:

message 33: by Dami (last edited Dec 08, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

Dami (Damiellar) (Damiella) | 15 comments I'd like to give this a go!

As I chronically dislike being told what to do/make/read I'm going to start with 5. I'll pick my books as I go.

December '12 challenge
Read: 3/5

1. 'D' is for December: Damaged Goods- Lainey Reese - read 8/12

2. Happy Birthday!: Debbs - Surrender - Lora Leigh - read 2/12

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Wisconsin.

4. Southern Solstice, Dec.21 (over 300): Ecstasy - Nicole Jordan (432 pages) - read 4/12

5. Southern Solstice, Dec.21 (under 200):

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21:

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31 (out with the old):

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31 (in with the new):

10. Reader's Choice:

Surrender (Bound Hearts, #1) by Lora Leigh Ecstasy (Notorious, #4) by Nicole Jordan Damaged Goods (New York, #2) by Lainey Reese

message 34: by AndaM (new)

AndaM | 237 comments December Monthly Challenge
0/10

This thread is for participants to post their lists and update their progress. The thread for suggestions is HERE.

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  | 570 comments I'm in, I'll post as I go.

message 36: by Brandilyn (last edited Nov 25, 2012 08:16PM) (new)

Brandilyn (BrandilynRC) | 869 comments Okay I will try. I will go for all 10... we will see how it goes

0/10 Complete

1. 'D' is for December: Davitt, Jane Rock and a Hard Place
2. Happy Birthday Brenda!: Collared
3. Geography: Finnegan's Promise (Football player)
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Mummy Dearest 95 pages
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Red+Blue 330 pages
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Somebody Killed His Editor
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Out-Foxed
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: All She Wrote
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: New York Christmas (New Release)
10. Reader's Choice: Mine

Rock and a Hard Place by Jane Davitt Collared by Kari Gregg Finnegan's Promise by Carol Lynne Mummy Dearest (The XOXO Files, #1) by Josh Lanyon Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity, #1) by Josh Lanyon Red+Blue (Opposites Attract, #1) by A.B. Gayle Out-Foxed (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #3) by Haley Walsh All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2) by Josh Lanyon New York Christmas by R.J. Scott Mine by Mary Calmes

message 37: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1099 comments I'm in for 8. Got some picked, will post the rest as I go.

D is for December: A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
Happy B-Day Karen! Big Bad Beast by Shelley Laurenston
Wisconsin: Hot Under Pressure by Louisa Edwards (Food related)
Shortest Day: TBD
Longest Night: TBD
Out with the Old: To Scotland, With Love by Karen Hawkins
In with the New: TBD
My Choice: TBD

A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) by Shelly Laurenston Hot Under Pressure (Rising Star Chef, #3) by Louisa Edwards To Scotland, With Love (MacLean Curse, #2) by Karen Hawkins

message 38: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments ~Ania~JK~ wrote: "Ok then, I'm going to jump right in and give my first Challenge ago.
Erm..... I'm going to go with 5."

Welcome Ania! You can adjust up or down as your schedule allows, just have fun!

message 39: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 670 comments I'm in, list to follow!

message 40: by Makenzie (last edited Nov 25, 2012 07:28PM) (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieFay) | 496 comments I'm starting off with 5, but I'd love to actually read all 10 for a change. I'll add more as I go along.

2012 December Monthly Reading Challenge
Duration: December 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
Completed: 0/5

1. 'D' is for December: Daring to Dream by Nora Roberts
2. Happy Birthday Megan!: Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
3. Geography: A Fair to Remember by Stacey Joy Netzel
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: (read a short book under 200 pages.) Dane by Liliana Hart
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: (read a book over 300 pages.) Insurgent by Veronica Roth
6. Humbug Day, Dec.21:
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: (Out with the old…) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: (And in with the new!) Bared to You by Silvia Day
10. Reader's Choice:

message 41: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 03, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

Fran | 9116 comments Not sure yet how many I can get to...

1. 'D' is for December: Reflected in You by Sylvia Day.
2. Happy Birthday!:
3. Geography:sports, food or Wisconsin
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Bella and the Merciless Sheikh
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21:over 300 pages-Divorced, Desperate and Delicious
6. Humbug Day, Dec.23: Motorcycle Man
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21:Just One Wish
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31:on tbr for awhile- Page 93
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: new author- Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
10. Reader's Choice: The Party Boy's Guide To Dating A Geek

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley Just One Wish by Janette Rallison Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan Bella and the Merciless Sheikh by Sarah Morgan Page 93 by Maggie Montgomery Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced, #1) by Christie Craig The Party Boy's Guide to Dating a Geek (Clumsy Cupid Guidebooks, #1) by Piper Vaughn

message 42: by Juana "Darkness" (last edited Nov 25, 2012 07:32PM) (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 384 comments I'm in. I'll post as I go along.

Duration: December 1-31

December:

Birthday- CJJ: Because of you by Lisa Kelypas

Geography: Wisconsin-

Winter Solstice Short Book:

Winter Solstice over 300 pgs:

Humbug Day:

Bright Side:

New Years Eve Been on Tbr for a while:

New Years Eve New Author/series:

Reader's Choice:

Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 43: by Skandia (last edited Dec 30, 2012 12:26AM) (new)

Skandia (SFGirl) | 933 comments I'm in. I'll go for 8.

RRRC December Monthly Challenge
8/8

1. 'D' is for December: Bared to You by Sylvia Day 12/5/12
2. Happy Birthday to me!: Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern 12/8/12
4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Cowgirls & Vampires by Tim O'Rourke 12/16/12
5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Stolen by Kelley Armstrong 12/22/12
7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich 12/30/12
8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: (Out with the old…): Envy by Anna Godbersen 12/13/12
9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: (And in with the new!): The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen 12/17/12
10. Reader's Choice: At the Queen's Summons by Susan Wiggs 12/26/12

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern Cowgirls & Vampires (Cowgirls & Vampires, #1) by Tim O'Rourke Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8) by Janet Evanovich Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen At the Queen's Summons (Tudor Rose, #3) by Susan Wiggs

message 44: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1948 comments 0/10 read

1. 'D' is for December - Delivery With A Smile
2. Happy Birthay, Karen ~ Divhine - Seduction and Snacks
3. Geography - Home Ice
4. Winter Solstice (short) - Ink and Paper
5. Winter Solstice (long) - Howl For It
6. Humbug Day - Wanted
7. Look on the Bright Side Day - By Mistake
8. New Year's Eve (old) - Rain
9. New Year's Eve (new) - Snakeskin Boots
10. Reader's Choice - Written in the Stars

message 45: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  (bookcrazy47) | 203 comments I'm in! December is a busy month so I will go for 5 books this month!

RRRC December Monthly Challenge
Duration: 1 December - 31 December 2012

[image error][image error][image error]

Read: 0/5

'D' is for December - Decked with Holly
Winter Solstice - Longest Night - Annie's Song (410 pages)
New Year's Eve - Out with the old - How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal #6)
New Year's Eve - In with the new! - A Perfect Bride (New-to-me author)
Reader's Choice - Your Scandalous Ways

message 46: by Hina (last edited Nov 27, 2012 12:20PM) (new)

Hina | 2579 comments 0/10 Completed

1. 'D' is for December: Deliciously Dangerous by Karen Anders.

2. Happy Birthday Heather!: The Perfect Wife by Lynsay Sands.

3. Geography: Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel.

4. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Forever In Blue Jeans by lissa Mathews.

5. Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: She's No Princess by Laura Lee Guhrke.

6. Humbug Day, Dec.21: Zane's Redemption by Tina Folsom.

7. Look on the Bright Side Day, Dec. 21: Stuck with You by Trish Jensen.

8. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: In Christofides' Keeping by Abby Green.

9. New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Doctor's Delight by Angela Verdenius.

10. Reader's Choice: Once Upon a Thanksgiving by Holly Jacobs.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 561 comments RRRC - December 2012

0/5

1) 'D' is for December:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
4) Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Tartan Tragedy by Antonia Fraser
5) Winter (Southern) Solstice, Dec.21: Zoya by Danielle Steel
6) Humbug Day, Dec.21: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
9) New Year's Eve, Dec. 31: Run For Home by Sheila Quigley

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 33 comments I'm in! I'm new so I will do three. I will post as I go.

First will be
1) 'D' is for December Down to You

message 49: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments Lisa wrote: "I'm in! I'm new so I will do three. I will post as I go."

Welcome Lisa!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 881 comments 1. 'D' is for December: Dangerous Games, keri arthur
2. Happy Birthday Kara, Dec 20!: Fifty Shades of Grey, e.l. james
3. Geography,Wisconsin:: Apple Turnover Murder, joanne fluke
4. Winter Solstice Dec 21, Shortest day: The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm a Love-aholic, jennifer love hewitt
5. Winter Solstice Dec 21, Longest Night: Shadow of Night, deborah harkness
6. Humbug Day: Heartless, gail carriger
7. Look on the bright side: Espresso Shot, cleo coyle
8. New Year's Eve, Out with the Old: An Echo in the Bone, diana gabaldon
9. New Year's Eve, In with the New: Notorious Nineteen, janet evanovich
10. Reader's Choice: A Chesapeake Shores Christmas, sherryl woods

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Duke and I (other topics)
The Third Circle (other topics)
A Reliable Wife (other topics)