Start by marking “Kiss an Angel” as Want to Read:
Kiss an Angel

Kiss an Angel

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  39,027 Ratings  ·  2,589 Reviews
Wedding Day

Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little feather-head with
Published February 1st 1996 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Kiss an Angel, please sign up.
Heidi I just finished reading a series by Julia London called "The Highland Grooms"... they were fabulous!!! Definitely alpha-male, likable heroine kind of…moreI just finished reading a series by Julia London called "The Highland Grooms"... they were fabulous!!! Definitely alpha-male, likable heroine kind of stories!! There are currently 4 in that series, two more are to be released this year!
Also, I loved The Highlander series from Julianne MacLean.. "captured by the highlander", "claimed by the highlander" and "seduced by the highlander". Those 3 books were great!
And lastly a series by Lynsay Sands.. I haven't read all of them yet, but my favorite so far is "Surrender to the highlander".. another great read, great storyline.
I wasnt able to put any of these ^^^ books down! They were so good! And I really loved this book by SEP too! It's one of my favorites of hers!
Have you read "the stars" series by SEP? You don't have to like football to like them, trust me! Lol(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
°мαggιє° (っ⚈ᴥ⚈)っ™
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5,000 CIRCUS STARS!!!!!!

You HAVE to read this book!!! Please. I’m begging you, fellow readers.

image

This is not your typical story. This is not your typical book. This is a story that you have never read….trust me. It is anything BUT typical.

Love the idea of a black and white photo of vintage circus tents

The story begins with an arranged marriage. No, it’s not set in the medieval times. It’s a modern arranged marriage. Say what?! I know. It seems off-putting at first. But we quickly get to know Alex and Daisy, and the reason for the arranged marriage takes an app
Lisa
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was ok

description

Kiss an Angel was my first Susan Elizabeth Phillips book and it may be my last. I am usually pretty easy to please when it comes to what I choose to read. I don’t often dislike books that I read. Further, I really hate it when a book rubs me the wrong way. Alas, that is what happened with this book. I did not connect with either the hero or the heroine and I came away from reading the story not liking either character very much. I realize that I am in the minority when it comes to my opinion reg
valee
Oct 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Do you know that feeling when you have just finished a book you adored but you just can't figure out how to express that on your review? Well that's exactly what happened to me but I'll do my best to try to explain it to you all.

This was my favorite book from this author, I even liked it more than the Chicago stars series and I already had adored that one, I gave 5 stars to most of the books in it. But it was so different this time. I couldn't put the book down, that's how FREAKING amazing it wa
Christy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 stars!!

photo IMG_1744_zpsiqrkd9wa.jpg

Kiss an Angel was my first book by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and after reading it, I'll definitely be reading more! I adored this story!

Daisy Devreaux and Alex Marcov are to be wed... it's not common to have arranged marriages in the US in this day and age, but Daisy has gotten herself into a pickle and marrying Alex is the only solution she sees. She doesn't know what she's gotten herself into, though... Daisy is used to the privileged life. But things have changed for her. She think
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
4.5 STARS

More than 31,000 ratings and almost 1,900 reviews. What can I possibly say more? Except that I LOVED IT!!!

QUICK REVIEW:

Humor: 4/5
Depth of the book: 5/5
POV: multiple, 3rd person
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Books with similar theme: Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2) by L.H. Cosway, The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1) by
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
I can't believe I'm about to read this because I LOATHE everything about the circus and I usually avoid any books involving them.

I had a bad childhood experience at the circus and ever since then they've creeped me the fuck out.

description

But I trust SEP, so I'm going against my gut here...
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
OMG...I cant even...This love story just blew me away.....
description
"I don't love you anymore,Alex."
"It's alright sweetheart.I love you enough for the both of us."

description

KISS AN ANGEL is a beautiful love story that revolves around two broken & loney souls,both vulnerable and lost in their own ways...

Honestly speaking,this book surprised me in more ways than one.I mean with its chic-lite cover,and the book's subtle summary.I had no clue,how emotional this book would really turn out to be.

The characters
Patry Fernandez
RELECTURA: 19/06/2018
Está claro que adoro este libro, y cada vez que lo leo amo aún mas a todos los personajes (humanos y no humanos jejeje) Es el libro que me saca de mis crisis y que siempre siempre me hace disfrutar y suspirar como la primera vez.

PD: en realidad, este libro es el que mas veces me he leído, aunque ponga que es la segunda, diría que voy por la 5 jajajaja

------------

RELECTURA: 01/02/2017

No importa las veces que lea este libro (ya perdí la cuenta) pero siempre consigue enamorarme
Karen
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS
[image error]  photo poziruy-fine-art-02.jpg

Seriously.. I’m speechless.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!!
It’s official! I am hopelessly in love with Susan Elizabeth Phillips! What a wonderful and endearing story this was. I was glued to the pages from start to finish with a stupid silly grin on my face the whole time. In fact, I can’t help smiling now as I’m writing this review. Just thinking back over the story, makes me want to pick the book up and start in all over again.

The characters were absolutely fantastic. The d
Carmen de la Rosa
No se cuantas veces he leído este libro... simplemente me sigue encantando cada vez, lo amo!
Es mi libro favorito y espero que eso no cambie...

Diría que Besar a un ángel ha sido un cóctel de sensaciones para mí. Me ha hecho reír, emocionarme (la mayor parte del tiempo), suspirar totalmente embelesada por esas escenas tan preciosas llenas de amor y por esos dos protagonistas tan inolvidables. Él, Alex, muy duro, serio y lleno de secretos, con un pasado oscuro que lo ha convertido en el hombre que
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 beautiful, brilliant stars!

“Don't dare a person who has nothing else left to lose.”

It's official! I'm hooked! I'm the newest SEPPIE Fan Girl!

I loved this story! Alex and Daisy are all kinds of amazing. I laughed, I sobbed, I sighed, I fanned myself...

My only problem with the story is that it ended.

Thank you to my lovely friends whose ravings made read this author. What do I read next???
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 BILLION ZILLION GAJILLIONTY STARS
I take thee... to be my awful wedded husband”

I have NO idea how I missed this book by one of my all time favorite authors, considering I've practically read her entire backlist. But I did. And I've been kicking myself for days for taking this long to do it. Because this book? THIS BOOK WAS MAGICAL! It is hands down my favorite contemporary romance, not only from this author, but period. Yes. It was THAT good. Actually, no. It wasn't just good. It was brill
Inés Izal
Doy gracias a Dios por habernos dado a SEP y que esta nos haya regalado este libro.
description
No sé las veces que lo habré releído, pero siempre me emociona y conquista en las mismas partes.

“-Esta noche no, Daisy. Te necesito.”

Es un libro maravilloso, con una historia de amor que a las románticas como yo las hace sufrir hasta el final. Alex y Daisy te enganchan a sus páginas, y hacen que te enamores del circo en el que viven, junto con todos los animales que hay allí dentro.

Daisy es toda inocencia, dulzura
Karla

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Fun time Stars!! I didn't just love this book; I'm in love with it!!

Admittedly when I started to read this I thought this was not going to work for me. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Even with the over-the-top unrealistic circumstances that surrounded the characters, this book STOLE MY HEART!! Daisy, oh my goodness, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve, she did everything… everything out of love!! She was one of the sweetest, kindest, most determined
Mo
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking loved it. Loved it. Alex is a jerk, a fucking major jerk. But ... yes, his childhood was shitty. Let's give him some space.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. I love you.

Tater. I love you too.

Sheba. You are a bit of cunt.

“But I don't love you, Daisy, and you can't begin to know how sorry I am about that because if I could chose anyone in this world to love, it'd be you.”

My expectations are so high for the new SEP book due out in August. I sure hope it lives up to my expectations.

AleJandra
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Tu, yo y el circo STARS
description

Según mi perfil de Goodreas tengo 431 libros pendientes por leer. Y cada día la lista aumenta más y más. Lo bueno de esto es que nunca me quedo sin material de lectura, al terminar de leer un libro ya tengo en frente otro. Lo negativo es, que en entre tantos libros algunos títulos quedan en el fondo, o simplemente olvidados. Como es el caso de este libro.

A primera vista la portada y título del libro me parecieron aburridos, así que lo empecé a leer solamente para sabe
Grecia Robles
*** 5 Adksldkdl💕❤😍 STARS***

Reto 2018: Una relectura

—Ya no te amo —susurró ella. —No te amo en absoluto.
A él se le puso un nudo en la garganta.
—No importa, cariño. Yo tengo amor suficiente por los dos.

AMO ESTE LIBROOOO!!! 💕❤Sin duda es el mejor libro de SEP y uno de mis favoritos de la vida, tenía miedo de hacer esta relectura porque hay veces que un libro te gusta tanto que cuando lo vuelves a leer no es lo mismo y tienes que bajarle la calificación y me hubiera dolido en el alma. Grac
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: Wow! This was so much better than I thought it'd be! I know I might be giving too much away here -- but I think keeping the circus aspect of this book a secret is a poor choice! I might've picked this up sooner if I had known what all we experienced with that! It's an older book, but it really didn't fell all that dated tbh -- maybe the clothing descriptions, but that's about it. I came across this again when I asked GR friends and followers what their favorite re-read
Ana
Oct 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
When I first read Kiss an Angel I was highly disappointed. I don't know why it bugged me so much. Honestly, I just didn't like the hero or the heroine in this book. The hero is no hero. He is abusive, explosive, and a complete douchebag. He treated the heroine horribly. Daisy starts out an awesome heroine and turns into a doormat.

SEP books I recommend: Natural Born Charmer, This Heart Of Mine, Honey Moon, Lady Be Good, Ain't She Sweet and Call Me Irresistible.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

My first SEP novel and it was oh soooo good!!!! Normally contemporary romance novels from the 90's aren't really my thing, but this was compared to The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders so I had to read it.

Kiss An Angel is the story of Daisy who gets roped into an arranged marriage to a man who seems to despise her. Alex works for a traveling circus and seems to find a lot of pleasure in assigning Daisy to tasks which would humiliate her. As time goes by, sparks fly between the two and
Amy | Foxy Blogs
KISS AN ANGEL published 18 years ago

Daisy has finally pushed her dad to his breaking point. Spending all her deceased mother’s money and racking up debt has lead her father to give her one last chance. This last chance involves marrying a stranger and staying “happily” married to him for 6 months which after her time is up she can divorce him and collect a trust fund. Sounds easy enough?!?!

Alex is a strict Russian who has agreed to marry Daisy because of a debt he owes her father. To break Daisy
María Ángeles
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
El primero que he leído de esta autora.
Por supuesto quiero más.
Geo Marcovici
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mă bucur că am cedat presiunii prietenelor mele Dana și Tyna și am făcut cunoștință cu această autoare. O poveste sensibilă, amuzantă și dureroasă în același timp. O poveste despre iubire.
♥Sharon♥
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It has been a lazy day for me. I didn’t do much other than read and lounge outside in the sun. So I am going to continue with my laziness and provide you with a short and sweet review.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips rocks! Now that I have read and loved enough of her books I have put her on the dreaded author pedestal. I know I shouldn’t but I have and thankfully I absolutely adored Kiss an Angel from start to finish.

I won’t go on and on about the characters or the plot simply because there are a few
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I have to thank my buddy Lana for the rec and for listening to me bitch and moan while reading this one. :D Will definitely re-read some day
Ingie
Written September 14, 2013

5 Glimmering Huge Stars - Amazing, wonderful, sentimental, romantic... just the best kind of romance - simply a story that must be read - and now belongs to my top shelf

I'm in love! In love... In this wonderful story. Therefore, this is an exuberant, completely one-sided tribute review and must be read with an ounce of sanity. Because I never want to stop and will say again and again in different ways how much I love this book. Please be patient!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dilek VT
2, 5 really

I didn't like the hero, he was a real as*hole for me and the heroine was kind of a doormat, so I didn't like her much, either. Their marriage was based on something unbelievable for me. And there wasn't enough groveling at all... Little to none!

My 2,5 points go to the scenes with Sinjun, the tiger and Tater, the elephant, as I fell in love with these two animals :)

Christina ~ Brunette Reader

It's not long, about few months, since I've luckily discovered SEP's books and after having enjoyed, more or less, all the other eight I've read so far, I can safely say that with Kiss an Angel I've found my first and only big disappointment. I am aware this is a rather widely beloved classic of the genre and of her backlist, and I can even see why to a certain extent, but I guess I'll have to take my turn at "unpopular opinion time" in this case. There are copious great reviews already covering
Beatriz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela previsible de principio a fin y bastante inverosímil para estar situada en la época actual, pero está tan bien escrita, tan cargada de ternura y tiene tantos matices, que se le pueden perdonar todos sus deslices.

Daisy es una persona buena en esencia, capaz de ver el lado amable de cualquier situación y por eso mismo, la única capaz de desarmar el carácter y mal genio de Alex. Se desarrolla muy bien la evolución de la pareja principal, sin que por ello ninguno de los dos pierda su ide
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
UPDATE: Reducing stars from my original million of stars rating because my taste in romance has changed, because safety issues and because NOT ENOUGH GROVELING.

UNSAFE READ ALERT
UNSAFE READ ALERT

Rape/dubious consent (view spoiler)