Start by marking “Kiss an Angel” as Want to Read:
Kiss an Angel

Kiss an Angel

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  45,627 ratings  ·  3,128 reviews
Wedding Day

Pretty, flighty Daisy Devreaux can either go to jail or marry the mystery man her father has chosen for her. Arranged marriages don't happen in the modern world, so how did the irrepressible Daisy find herself in this fix?

Alex Markov, as humorless as he is deadly handsome, has no intention of playing the loving bridegroom to a spoiled little feather-head wit
Published February 1st 1996 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Kiss an Angel, please sign up.
Heidi I just finished reading a series by Julia London called "The Highland Grooms"... they were fabulous!!! Definitely alpha-male, likable heroine kind of …moreI just finished reading a series by Julia London called "The Highland Grooms"... they were fabulous!!! Definitely alpha-male, likable heroine kind of stories!! There are currently 4 in that series, two more are to be released this year!
Also, I loved The Highlander series from Julianne MacLean.. "captured by the highlander", "claimed by the highlander" and "seduced by the highlander". Those 3 books were great!
And lastly a series by Lynsay Sands.. I haven't read all of them yet, but my favorite so far is "Surrender to the highlander".. another great read, great storyline.
I wasnt able to put any of these ^^^ books down! They were so good! And I really loved this book by SEP too! It's one of my favorites of hers!
Have you read "the stars" series by SEP? You don't have to like football to like them, trust me! Lol(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
°мαggιє° (っ⚈ᴥ⚈)っ™
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  45,627 ratings  ·  3,128 reviews

Start your review of Kiss an Angel
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
5,000 CIRCUS STARS!!!!!!

You HAVE to read this book!!! Please. I’m begging you, fellow readers.

image

This is not your typical story. This is not your typical book. This is a story that you have never read….trust me. It is anything BUT typical.

Love the idea of a black and white photo of vintage circus tents

The story begins with an arranged marriage. No, it’s not set in the medieval times. It’s a modern arranged marriage. Say what?! I know. It seems off-putting at first. But we quickly get to know Alex and Daisy, and the reason for the arranged marriage takes an app
valee
Oct 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Do you know that feeling when you have just finished a book you adored but you just can't figure out how to express that on your review? Well that's exactly what happened to me but I'll do my best to try to explain it to you all.

This was my favorite book from this author, I even liked it more than the Chicago stars series and I already had adored that one, I gave 5 stars to most of the books in it. But it was so different this time. I couldn't put the book down, that's how FREAKING amazing it wa
A.
4.5 Stars

More than 31,000 ratings and almost 1,900 reviews. What can I possibly say more? Except that I LOVED IT!!!

QUICK REVIEW:

Humor: 4/5
Depth of the book: 5/5
POV: multiple, 3rd person
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Books with similar theme: Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2) by L.H. Cosway, The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
OMG...I cant even...This love story just blew me away.....
description
"I don't love you anymore,Alex."
"It's alright sweetheart.I love you enough for the both of us."

description

KISS AN ANGEL is a beautiful love story that revolves around two broken & loney souls,both vulnerable and lost in their own ways...

Honestly speaking,this book surprised me in more ways than one.I mean with its chic-lite cover,and the book's subtle summary.I had no clue,how emotional this book would really turn out to be.

The characters
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars (Originally Read - 6/22/2018)

4.25 Stars (Re-Read -1/20/2020)

Overall Opinion: Wow! This was so much better than I thought it'd be! I know I might be giving too much away here -- but I think keeping the circus aspect of this book a secret is a poor choice! I might've picked this up sooner if I had known what all we experienced with that! It's an older book, but it really didn't feel all that dated tbh -- maybe the clothing descriptions, but that's about it. I came across this again when
Karen
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS
[image error]  photo poziruy-fine-art-02.jpg

Seriously.. I’m speechless.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!!!!
It’s official! I am hopelessly in love with Susan Elizabeth Phillips! What a wonderful and endearing story this was. I was glued to the pages from start to finish with a stupid silly grin on my face the whole time. In fact, I can’t help smiling now as I’m writing this review. Just thinking back over the story, makes me want to pick the book up and start in all over again.

The characters were absolutely fantastic. Th
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 BILLION ZILLION GAJILLIONTY STARS
I take thee... to be my awful wedded husband”

I have NO idea how I missed this book by one of my all time favorite authors, considering I've practically read her entire backlist. But I did. And I've been kicking myself for days for taking this long to do it. Because this book? THIS BOOK WAS MAGICAL! It is hands down my favorite contemporary romance, not only from this author, but period. Yes. It was THAT good. Actually, no. It wasn't just good. It w
Dilek VT
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
This book was not my cuppa.

I didn't like the hero, he was a real as*hole for me and the heroine was kind of a doormat, so I didn't like her much, either. Their marriage was based on something unbelievable for me. And there wasn't enough groveling at all... Little to none!

My 2 points go to the scenes with Sinjun, the tiger and Tater, the elephant, as I fell in love with these two animals :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 beautiful, brilliant stars!

“Don't dare a person who has nothing else left to lose.”

It's official! I'm hooked! I'm the newest SEPPIE Fan Girl!

I loved this story! Alex and Daisy are all kinds of amazing. I laughed, I sobbed, I sighed, I fanned myself...

My only problem with the story is that it ended.

Thank you to my lovely friends whose ravings made read this author. What do I read next???
Mo
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fucking loved it. Loved it. Alex is a jerk, a fucking major jerk. But ... yes, his childhood was shitty. Let's give him some space.

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. I love you.

Tater. I love you too.

Sheba. You are a bit of cunt.

“But I don't love you, Daisy, and you can't begin to know how sorry I am about that because if I could chose anyone in this world to love, it'd be you.”

My expectations are so high for the new SEP book due out in August. I sure hope it lives up to my expectations.

Karla

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Fun time Stars!! I didn't just love this book; I'm in love with it!!

Admittedly when I started to read this I thought this was not going to work for me. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Even with the over-the-top unrealistic circumstances that surrounded the characters, this book STOLE MY HEART!! Daisy, oh my goodness, talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve, she did everything… everything out of love!! She was one of the sweetest, kindest, most determined
Kate
+++2 stars only for the writing+++

I still cant fully decide how im feeling about this book. First i want to say that when i first started this book i thought that its not what i expected because of that cover, i thought that it really needed a change because it was quite good, BUT than i found out that this book definitely doesnt need a different cover, its really what you can see in that picture - stupid naive pathetic little girl who lets people walk over her through the whole freakin book.
She
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

My first SEP novel and it was oh soooo good!!!! Normally contemporary romance novels from the 90's aren't really my thing, but this was compared to The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders so I had to read it.

Kiss An Angel is the story of Daisy who gets roped into an arranged marriage to a man who seems to despise her. Alex works for a traveling circus and seems to find a lot of pleasure in assigning Daisy to tasks which would humiliate her. As time goes by, sparks fly between the two and
Amy | Foxy Blogs
KISS AN ANGEL published 18 years ago

Daisy has finally pushed her dad to his breaking point. Spending all her deceased mother’s money and racking up debt has lead her father to give her one last chance. This last chance involves marrying a stranger and staying “happily” married to him for 6 months which after her time is up she can divorce him and collect a trust fund. Sounds easy enough?!?!

Alex is a strict Russian who has agreed to marry Daisy because of a debt he owes her father. To break Daisy
Ingie
5 Stars once again

July 8, 2020 ~ Reread ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This time I was listening to the audiobook narrated by the very best Anna Fields. Love this wonderful romance. Maybe the best by SEP.

I LIKE - ... and love
😘 ………………… 😘

Written September 14, 2013

5 Glimmering Huge Stars - Amazing, wonderful, sentimental, romantic... just the best kind of romance - simply a story that must be read - and now belongs to my top shelf

I'm in love! In love... In this wonderful story. Therefore, this
♥Sharon♥
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It has been a lazy day for me. I didn’t do much other than read and lounge outside in the sun. So I am going to continue with my laziness and provide you with a short and sweet review.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips rocks! Now that I have read and loved enough of her books I have put her on the dreaded author pedestal. I know I shouldn’t but I have and thankfully I absolutely adored Kiss an Angel from start to finish.

I won’t go on and on about the characters or the plot simply because there are a few
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

It's not long, about few months, since I've luckily discovered SEP's books and after having enjoyed, more or less, all the other eight I've read so far, I can safely say that with Kiss an Angel I've found my first and only big disappointment. I am aware this is a rather widely beloved classic of the genre and of her backlist, and I can even see why to a certain extent, but I guess I'll have to take my turn at "unpopular opinion time" in this case. There are copious great reviews already covering
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I have to thank my buddy Lana for the rec and for listening to me bitch and moan while reading this one. :D Will definitely re-read some day
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
UPDATE: Reducing stars from my original million of stars rating because my taste in romance has changed, because safety issues and because NOT ENOUGH GROVELING.

UNSAFE READ ALERT
UNSAFE READ ALERT

Rape/dubious consent (view spoiler)
MBR
5++++ Stars Contemporary Romance

This is the third time I have read this book, and I would have to say that the story of Alex and Daisy never gets old. Its a beautiful love story with a strong cast of characters, each playing a vital role to make this story a worthwhile read.

Alex Markov was rescued by Daisy’s father Max when he was twelve years old from the constant physical abuse he was facing under his uncle Sergey. Max had bought Alex from his uncle and seen to his education. Alex had shaped
Chantal ❤️
After rereading this book I lowered my rating on this book to a 2.5 as I still love the Tigers and the emotional scenes but I totally forgot how badly the hero treated and humiliated and raped the heroine. For some reason I had a black out on this until I reread it last month. It was not a comfortable read and it was not safe.
Many triggers and no groveling made me mad.
It was still a very well written book just not a great story.

-------------original review------------------
Omg this was one am
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Brilliant, Beautiful, Amazing Stars!

Okay I bloody loved this book! It was just amazing and I know that I will deffo be re-reading this one day because that's how good it was..Anddd into my favourites it goes ;)

Do you want a funny yet moving, gripping, awesome read? Yeah? GO READ THIS BOOK NOW! :D

I loved how different this book was to the normal cliche books I seem to keep picking up.this book evoked emotion, laughter, joy, sadness and much more.I was taken on a journey and I got lost in the
Lady Heather

I finished this book late last night because:

a) I couldn't put it down, and
b) I had to see if Alex would finally redeem himself after being such a selfish shit!

... needless to say that all is well in the land of HEA's, and I was finally able to sleep after a rather gut-wretching, nerve-wracking, nail-biting reading experience...*yay*.. just the type of book I needed to read!

I don't think the author could have written a more despicable, cold, and hateful character. Alex Markov was so wrapped up
Didi
EDIT: 27/05/14

2 STARS

This is a difficult review to write because there wasn't anything necessarily wrong with this book, it just didn't wow me like other CR. The circus background was different and nice for a change, the story of finding love in the least likely of places and discovering your life was always meant for bigger things was sweet too.

I liked Alex, and not just because he was an asshole. Let me clarify: I don't like assholes by default. The typical jerk-type assholes who are dicks j
Dora Koutsoukou
3 🤔❤️🤔🌟s❣️

During the first half of the book I was having second thoughts for keep reading.
It was lengthy, a few things were not explained and just hung in the air and there were major inconsistencies in the characters’ behaviour.
It was neither fabulous nor terrible.
Mo
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I see that it says the audible was released in 2007. That seems to be for "books on tape". It only came out on audible.com in May this year and even though I have already read it at least twice, I had to get the audio.

Narrated by the wonderful Anna Fields, she is a sad loss to the audible world. Such a talented narrator.

A magical tale! I adored Alex and Daisy. Yes, he was a bit of a jerk but, honestly, I love those guys in books! A stellar cast of secondary characters ... especially the circus a
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is rapidly becoming one of my go-to authors. More and more these days I’m finding that contemporary romances and erotica have characters or plots so similar they become one big blur. What a treat it is to read Ms. Phillips’ older books. Some of them, such as Kiss an Angel, were written nearly two decades ago. Not only do they stand the test of time, they give the new kids on the block a run for their money. Every story and each character is so distinctly differe
Jennifer Kyle
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Circus Stars
Aisling Zena
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
10 angel stars

I read this years ago and I keep going back to it every so often. It holds a special place in my heart and in my shelves so I thought I'd just pay a small homage to it. If you are thinking of reading this don't hesitate to pick it up, you wont regret it. Do keep in mind it was written 20+ years ago.

description

*Will add quotes on a later date.