Bookworms Unite! discussion

Books and Authors > Future Reads

Comments (showing 1-50 of 164) (164 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Tell us some of your upcoming reads.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl (Dustpancrazy) | 7 comments I'm currently reading the latest Dean Koontz, Odd Apocalypse. Gonna start Tess Gerritsen's latest Rizzoli & Isles novel, Last to Die and I'm gonna be reading Tick Tock which is the October Group Read in the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Group (where I very proud to be a moderator)
Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5) by Dean Koontz Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10) by Tess Gerritsen Tick Tock by Dean Koontz

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Next up for me are:
It by Stephen King
77 Shadow Street (with bonus novella The Moonlit Mind) A Novel by Dean Koontz
1Q84  by Haruki Murakami

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 14 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "I'm currently reading the latest Dean Koontz, Odd Apocalypse. Gonna start Tess Gerritsen's latest Rizzoli & Isles novel, Last to Die and I'm gonna be reading Tick Tock which is the October Group Re..."

Hey thats neat James Patterson also has a book called Tick Tock

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 14 comments I am currently reading
Gerald Game by stephen king and Cradle and all by James Patterson and will be reading next:
Different season by Stephen King (have to finish the last story)
and then I plan on reading Widow of the South

message 6: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Holly wrote: "Tell us some of your upcoming reads."

The Library at Night
Red Mist ( not so sure, maybe)
Sherlock Holmes, The Complete
The Talented Mr. Ripley
A Feast for Crows

Crops and Robbers, which out to be some nice fluff in between the good stuff.

Dust and Decay

Hopefully these will finish out the year. I really want to keep Dust & Decay for next years group challenge for Book Addicts, but we shall see. I already have A Wrinkle in Time sitting next to me to start reading in a little bit..

message 7: by Dustin (last edited Oct 08, 2012 11:40AM) (new)

Dustin | 1195 comments Mod
Once I'm FINALLY done with my re-reads of The Tommyknockers and Bisingr, I'll be reading Inheritance. I cannot wait to find out how the series ends.. I just hope it isn't as slow and tedious as the previous two books.

message 8: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads.

message 9: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a Buick 8 was pretty darned good; and christine is a classic. Much better than the film adaptation.

Dustin wrote: "Once I'm FINALLY done with my re-reads of The Tommyknockers and Bisingr, I'll be reading Inheritance. I cannot wait to find out how the series ends.. I just hope it isn't as slow and tedious as the..."

same here, Dustin. It started off with such promise, then seemed to go ...*thud*...

message 10: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Alondra I never read Christine, can you believe that? I just watched the movie. So I wanna read it. I just bought the book too.

message 11: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "Alondra I never read Christine, can you believe that? I just watched the movie. So I wanna read it. I just bought the book too."

good, the book is scarier, because 'she' is so evil. creepiest part is actually going to buy her and the old man telling his story. creepier than the movie; you imagination just takes over at that point...

message 12: by Char (new)

Char I agree re: Christine. The book was much scarier!

I'm about to do a re-read of F. Paul Wilson's The Keep with my horror group.
I'm dying for the final Turtle Boy book called Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn to be released.
I'm also quite psyched about an Indy author that just signed with Darkfuse and his new book coming out next month called: The Hoard by Alan Ryker.

message 13: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a Buick 8 was pretty darned good; and christine is a classic. Muc..."

Hi, Alondra!

So I know that you've gotten through books I-III of the Inheritance Cycle, but have you attempted the final installment? I'm just wondering..

message 14: by Dustin (new)

Janie wrote: "Alondra I never read Christine, can you believe that? I just watched the movie. So I wanna read it. I just bought the book too."

Oh wow, you are going to LOVE Christine, Janie!!:)

message 15: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a Buick 8 was pretty darned good; and christine i..."

no; it has been staring at me from the shelf for the past year... i want to , but feel like i need to re-read the series first. Dustin, have you started reading it yet? If so, do i need to reread the series... ?

message 16: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Bailey (JSBailey) | 219 comments On my "to-read" list:

Arson by Estevan Vega

Mr. X by Peter Straub

False Memory by Dean Koontz

And so on, and so on.

message 17: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a Buick 8 was pretty darned good; ..."

Alondra- I'm not sure if it's wholly necessary to re-read them, but I've found it very helpful. I'd forgotten many details, both small and significant, so I'm certanly glad I didn't just plunge into the last book.
I haven't started Inheritance yet, but I'm really hoping to finish Brisingr relatively soon. I'll be sure to let you know.:)

message 18: by Holly (last edited Oct 10, 2012 11:07AM) (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
I also plan on reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand coming up.

message 19: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a Buick 8 was pret..."

Thanx, Dustin. I think I will reread. Next year a reread of a few series. The DT series with the SK group; Inheritance series so I can read the last book and to read 2 in the GoT series... phew.

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) This month I plan (and hope) to read:

Hideaway by Dean Koontz
Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist
Bloodstone by Nate Kenyon
Monster Island by David Wellington
Audrey's Door by Sarah Langan

Hideaway by Dean Koontz Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist Bloodstone by Nate Kenyon Monster Island (Zombies, #1) by David Wellington Audrey's Door by Sarah Langan

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "This month I plan (and hope) to read:

Hideaway by Dean Koontz

[bookcover..."

Awesome future reads list, Kathy!

message 22: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Janie wrote: "Too many to mention! LOL I know I want to read Christine and From a Buick 8. Plus all my upcoming buddy reads."

From a B..."

You're very welcome, Alondra.:)

message 23: by Dustin (last edited Oct 11, 2012 12:13PM) (new)

Holly wrote: "I also plan on reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand coming up."

Holly- have you read Ken Follett before?

message 24: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "I also plan on reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand coming up."

Holly- have you read Ken Follett be..."

No, I haven't. Fall of Giants seems really interesting so I just had to buy it. I have apsolutely no idea when I'll get to it, though.

message 25: by Holly (last edited Oct 11, 2012 12:20PM) (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
I'd also like to squeeze in The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins sometime soon, as well.

message 26: by Dustin (new)

Holly wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "I also plan on reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand coming up."

Holly- have you read..."

Yes, Fall of Giants does indeed sound interesting, especially now that book #2 is out on HC.
The only book of Follett's that I've read is The Pillars of the Earth, which I highly recommend. There's also a sequel, World Without End.

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Holly wrote: "Kathy wrote: "This month I plan (and hope) to read:

Hideaway by Dean Koontz

Awesome future reads list, Kathy!

..."

Thanks, Holly. I wanted to get scared for Halloween month! :)

message 28: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathy wrote: "This month I plan (and hope) to read:

Hideaway by Dean Koontz

[bookcover..."

Hideaway is pretty good, nothing like some Koontz for fall. Monster Island was okay; nice take on Zombies.

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Thanks, Alondra. I love zombies! :)

message 30: by Dustin (new)

Great suggestions, everyone! Keep them coming, please!

message 31: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathy wrote: "Thanks, Alondra. I love zombies! :)"

I actually just started reading books on Zombies. I must say that World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is one of the best; but Rot & Ruin is the best. I will start Dust and Decay for the new year :D

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I have been wanting to read Rot & Ruin. I had read a short story by Maberry that came before it and loved it!

message 33: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathy wrote: "I have been wanting to read Rot & Ruin. I had read a short story by Maberry that came before it and loved it!"

make it happen, Kathy. There are 3 in the series!! :D

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks.

message 35: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathy wrote: "I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks."

hehehe.. you are welcome. sorry to be so pushy; but Dustin made me do it... :O

message 36: by Janie (last edited Oct 12, 2012 03:09PM) (new)

Janie Johnson I think I will be reading Incarceron soon and then its sequel Sapphique after that one, as soon as all these group reads get done. Or get less lol

message 37: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Janie wrote: "I think I will be reading Incarceron soon and then its sequel Sapphique after that one, as soon as all these group reads get done. Or get less lol"

i have been noticing that book as of late, and it looks interesting... maybe, just maybe... mmm

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Janie wrote: "I think I will be reading Incarceron soon and then its sequel Sapphique after that one, as soon as all these group reads get done. Or get less lol"

I really enjoyed Incarceron! I haven't read the sequel yet, though.

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments @ Holly and Dustin: Fall of Giants is absolutely fantastic. It's as good as Pillars and World Without End.
I absolutely can't wait to read Winter of the World (sequel to FoG), but I have so many unread books on my shelf right now that I may have to wait and ask for it for Christmas :)

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 18 comments I'm currently re-reading It in the spirit of Halloween. After that, I don't know - I have so many to choose from! In the last couple of months I've acquired:
Rosemary's Baby
Apartment 16
20th Century Ghosts
The Colorado Kid
Others
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
The Shadow of the Wind
Dune

Those are just my recent acquisitions, and doesn't include the dusties that have been up there for 6 months or more, ha ha.

message 41: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Nelson (Tammy1133) | 11 comments Im inbeween books right now. Can anyone recommend a good series to get into? I liked the Mortal Instruments, and anything J. R. Ward and the Fallen series.

message 42: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Tammy wrote: "Im inbeween books right now. Can anyone recommend a good series to get into? I liked the Mortal Instruments, and anything J. R. Ward and the Fallen series."

of course, Hunger Games; Divergent; Game of Thrones series which is excellent. For more somber and/or violent faire; The border trilogy by Cormac McCarthy. For epic fantasy; The Lord of the Rings including the hobbit. My daughter is liking the Sookie Stackhouse series.. that is about 14 books, i think. The Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton, for vamp hunters.

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly | 745 comments Mod
Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Holly wrote: "I also plan on reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand coming up."

Holly-..."

I haven't read those, but I'd like to.

message 44: by Dustin (new)

Alondra wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks."

hehehe.. you are welcome. sorry to be so pushy; but Dustin made me do it... :O"

What, I did!?:) You're so funny, Alondra!

message 45: by Dustin (new)

Courtney wrote: "@ Holly and Dustin: Fall of Giants is absolutely fantastic. It's as good as Pillars and World Without End.
I absolutely can't wait to read Winter of the World (sequel to FoG), but I have so many un..."

Thank you, Courtney!

For the most part, I really enjoyed The Pillars of The Earth a LOT. And someday I plan on reading World Without End.

Fall of Giants sounds good, too.

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks."

hehehe.. you are welcome. sorry to be so pushy; but Dustin made me do it... :O"

What, I di..."

Lol. You guys crack me me up. Recommendations are always welcome, and never pushy!

message 47: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crk815) My next book will be All the Earth, Thrown to the Sky by Joe R. Lansdalefor my November bookclub. Also, I plan to read January First A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her by Michael Schofield. And so many others!

message 48: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Kathy wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks."

hehehe.. you are welcome. sorry to be so pushy; but Dustin made me do it... :..."

:D

message 49: by Dustin (new)

Kathy wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I definitely will, Alondra. They just moved up on my TBR List! Thanks."

hehehe.. you are welcome. sorry to be so pushy; but Dustin made me do it... :..."

:) Well that's good to know, Kathy!

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 60 comments What to red next? I have enough problems keeping up with what to read now. I'm currently reading Fall of Giants and Edge of Dark Water. I picked up The Leopard last night since I left home with out a book and it will be one of my next books. My to be read pile is in danger of toppling, my Kindle is bursting at the seams and I keep buying or borrowing more!

« previous 1 3 4