Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

If You liked Fifty Shades Of Grey Then You May Like These.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 255 (255 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Amanda Hey I Have Created This Discussion For People That liked Fifty shades. I no myself i very much enjoyed reading them and thanks to them im now really in to my erotic books. I Have Read The Following:
1. Fifty Shades Of Grey - E.L.James
2. Fifty Shades Darker - E.L.James
3. Fifty Shades Freed - E.L.James
4. Bared To You - Sylvia Day
5. In Too Deep - Portia Da Costa
6. The Bride Stripped Bare - Niki Gemmell
7. With My Body - Niki Gemmell
8. Haven Of Obediance - Marina Anderson
9. Destined To Play - Indigo Bloome
10. Eighty Days Yellow - Vina Jackson
11. Eighty Days Blue - Vina Jackson
12. The Diary Of A Submissive - Sophie Morgan
13. The Discipline - Marina Anderson
14. The Dark Garden - Eden Bradley
15. Fire After Dark - Sadie Matthews.
There Are More Coming out so as i get them i will post them up or u can add me as a friend n look at what i have read.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann General hahaha. i do enjoy reading 50shades, but i dont think i CAN read another one with the same genre. 50shades is too much already for me. lols. i think thats enough :)

Amanda i have got really into the erotic books but i do enjoy readin the non erotic ones to lol.

Angela I have to agree. I love the erotic books and thanks to FSOG I have been reading nonstop. I have to change up from time to time to just a little romance and away from the erotic. I also loved the Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the dark by CJ Roberts.

❤️ Diana ❤️ Try Gabriel's Inferno, very well written book

Amanda Diana wrote: "Try Gabriel's Inferno, very well written book"

thanks i will get it wen i see it lol

Tabby thanks very much for the suggestions! i also have gotten into the erotic (a little bit before Fifty, but a lot more since then) and I too have to change it up from time to time. i liked diana (may be diane, but pretty sure it is diana) whiteside's bond of blood. it is paranormal, but pretty dang erotic!

Amanda Tabby wrote: "thanks very much for the suggestions! i also have gotten into the erotic (a little bit before Fifty, but a lot more since then) and I too have to change it up from time to time. i liked diana (may ..."
thankyou for the sugestions

Amanda Louise wrote: "Also the Honors Series:
Honor Student (Honor Series, #1) by Teresa Mummert
Honor Thy Teacher (Honor Series, #2) by Teresa Mummert
Honor and Obey (Honor Series #3) by Teresa Mummert
Honor & Betray (Honor #4) by Teresa Mummert"

thank you for the sugestions

JESSICA ~Snuggly Bear Paws~ The Reluctant Dom-Tymber Dalton The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton BE WARNED--MUST HAVE KLEENEX

Masters at Arms-Kallypso Masters
Masters at Arms (Rescue Me, #1) by Kallypso Masters --FREE AT AMAZON
Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me, #2) by Kallypso Masters Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me, #3) by Kallypso Masters Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me, #4) by Kallypso Masters

Masters of the Shadowlands-Cherise Sinclair
Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) by Cherise Sinclair Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3) by Cherise Sinclair Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4) by Cherise Sinclair Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5) by Cherise Sinclair To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6) by Cherise Sinclair

Gabriel's Inferno-Sylvan Reynard
Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Rapture(Gabriel's Inferno #2) by Sylvain Reynard

Captive in the Dark-C.J. Roberts
Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) by C.J. Roberts

Compass Brothers-Jayne Rylon/Mari Carr
Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers, #1) by Jayne Rylon Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2) by Mari Carr Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers #3) by Jayne Rylon Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4) by Mari Carr

Hearts in Darkness-Laura Kaye
Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

message 11: by J.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.M. Stewart Thanks for the recommendations. I've read Bared to You. Sadly, I compare them all to Christian. I'm afraid he may have ruined them all for me. So, while I loved Bared to you, Gideon, sadly, wasn't Christian. lol

I'll also second Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye. Excellent book. I wouldn't compare it to FSoG, but I adored it.

Stacey Hopefully enough time will have passed between Shades and when I finally read Bared to you!

Gemma Garbiel's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture are two very good books to read after FSOG. A very smart book I should say.

Ilana Masters of The Shadowlands - AMAZING SERIES
Mountain Masters (compliment to Shadowlands) - AMAZING SERIES

message 15: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I agree with Gemma in regards to Gabriel's Infernal. In where Fifty Shades was very sexual, Gabriel 's Infernal was very sensual. It got very hot when a man feels he is the devil and wishes to respect the angel who walked backed into his life.

It was one of the best books I read this year.

message 16: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine Saulnier I read Bared to you and it did not remind me of FSoG AT all i just didnt see it everything was reversed i dont usually compare books to other books i have read every one of the books i have read i loved them just my opinion though

Jodie the 80 days stuff is pretty hard core compared to 50 and bared to you, at times it is very disturbing

message 18: by Jade (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jade Cary Bared to You was better than 50 but not by much. KNIGHT by Kristin Ashley is my personal favorite if comparing to 50.

Leise Chadwick here i am promoting my book again, but... One Copper Penny has some "hot toe-curling sexy sex" but without the dominant/submissive aspect... it is available on Kindle for $2.99, and as of today, at https://www.createspace.com/4007219... available in a few days on Amazon...

I received 4 and 5 stars from Indie Book Reviewers, one 1 star and yesterday another 5 star review titled: Addictive...

Leise

message 20: by Miss (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miss Bookworm I think when i look for books like Fifty Shades, its not really the BDSM that i look for, but I look for a hero that has almost the same characters like Fifty. Gabriel was like 50 in the beginning, but he became boring in the middle. So far that's closest to fifty i found was Bared to You. Looking forward to more clones of Fifty!

Amanda hey guys i got anouther book update for you all im currently reading dark secret by marina anderson

Amanda Leise wrote: "here i am promoting my book again, but... One Copper Penny has some "hot toe-curling sexy sex" but without the dominant/submissive aspect... it is available on Kindle for $2.99, and as of today, at..."

is this book out in shops as i dnt own a kindle

Amanda i will get all your suggestions wen ever i see them in the shops that i go to. i got 2 other erotic books which i will post up as soon as i get to them. i only by erotic ones every so often as i do have over 200 + books that i have in me cupboard to read as well. years ago before i had my little one i would go in charity shops n buy books i would buy 20/30 at a time n they have just built up over the years so some of my non erotic collection after they have been read r beein passed onto my sister lol. its gonna take me ages to read them all lol. i just dnr have the space.

B. J. Johns Have you read 10 Nights? It's very much like 50.

message 25: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Zaires Hi, wanted to plug my book here. Some of my early readers have told me that it's like a combination of Twilight AND Fifty Shades, with some sci fi elements and lots of graphic sex. LOL, that was not really my intention but I did like both books. My hero is very dominant/controlling, and my heroine is fairly young and inexperienced - I think that's where the resemblance to Fifty Shades is coming from. Please feel free to check it out and look at the sample chapters :).

Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles Volume I) by Anna Zaires

message 26: by Jenna (last edited Oct 08, 2012 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jenna Anne Rice Beauty trilogy
Claiming sleeping beauty
Beautys Punishment
Beautys Release

JR wards Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Jodie I'm now on the Dark Garden, it is pretty good. next book is 80 days red then play !!

Amanda im currently reading eighty days red i have bought some others as well i went a bit mad and spent £24 on books but still cheap tho as 2 books for £7 and there was a book at £2.99 in my local supermarket i really diddnt no wat to pick as was only gonna do offer and get 2 books but in the end i just could not decide so bought all the ones i wanted.

Diane Try fanfiction (50 shades was fanfiction afterall).
There are a lot of similarly written stories, for free!

The only challenge is finding stuff you like because there are so many (some well written, some not). But what have you got to lose? There are tons of free fanfiction, you can find a fandom you like, look for fanfic recommendations.. bam! lots of free stories.

Amanda Diane wrote: "Try fanfiction (50 shades was fanfiction afterall).

The only challenge is finding stuff you like because there are so many (some well writ..."

do i just type fanfiction up on goodreads or google

message 31: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri If you liked 50 Shades you may like Captive in the Dark series by CJ Roberts. I was a little recluctent to read this series but once I started I couldnt put it down. I went from the 1st book directly into the 2nd and it was by far maybe the most captivating series I have read.

Sleepy Totally agree with u Keri that series is very captivating!!! I read it because it was sugggested to me and I'm so glad it was j loves loved these books!!!

Brandy Gemma wrote: "Garbiel's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture are two very good books to read after FSOG. A very smart book I should say."

I loved these two books as well. I think I liked them better than FSOG.

message 34: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle Amanda wrote: "Hey I Have Created This Discussion For People That liked Fifty shades. I no myself i very much enjoyed reading them and thanks to them im now really in to my erotic books. I Have Read The Following..."

Don't forget about the follow up of Bared to You--Reflected in You.

Beatrix Recommend books of Leah Brooke, Sophie Oaks, Melinda Barron, Michele Zurlo, Incognito Series by Madison Layle, Sweet Seduction series by Maya Banks Little Harmless series by Melissa Schroeder.

Ashley Smith Try Kresley Coles Immortals After Dark series. They are great and have plenty of hot sex secens that will leave you wanting more. Ann Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" series is pretty good to but I feel that the IAD sereis is way BETTER!

SKr1619 I agree with Keri and Sleepy!! The Dark Duet series (Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark) by C.J. Roberts is a fantastic read. It's hard to stomach at times but she did an excellent job executing dark erotica. Captive in the Dark was my first taste in the whole Master/slave/captivity/Stockholm Syndrome and I'm so happy I started out with those books. Very good reads!

If you're looking for something hilarious to read, I would suggest Seduction and Snacks. I forget the author but it's hilarious and really sweet.

message 38: by Dawn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn Jade wrote: "Bared to You was better than 50 but not by much. KNIGHT by Kristin Ashley is my personal favorite if comparing to 50."

Jade do you have it on an ereader? Possibly Nook? I hate to buy erotic books especially if I've never read the Author before.

I'm not huge into Erotic stories. I couldn't get through the beauty series written by Anne Rice, and still can't. I did love the 50 shades books though.

Can anyone tell me a little about Bared to you? I downloaded the sample but it didn't give me any of the book, just the recommendations and write ups from magazines. If I'm spending money on a book I like to know what its about. Thanks

message 39: by Dawn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn oh and a little about Gabriel's inferno? Its on sale for Nook but again, I hate to buy if I don't know about the book. Thanks!

Amanda nearly finished a book called on demand by justine Elyot. Its brilliant the sex is there frm the start im so addicted that its hard to put down.

Kristi I am reading Bared to You and absolutely love it. There are similarities to 50 Shades definitely. Rich man who owns a company with a dark past that effects his present life. He to me is sexier than Christian. I love this guy,Gideon. Yummy!! He is messed up though. So, glad there is another book or two to read about him. I hope he gets fixed and can have a strong healthy relationship with Eva! Love them together!!

Diane Amanda wrote: "Diane wrote: "Try fanfiction (50 shades was fanfiction afterall).

The only challenge is finding stuff you like because there are so many ..."

Either would do.

I personally don't read much fanfic on goodreads.
I frequent these sites: fanfiction.net and archiveofourown.org

Diane Dawn wrote: "oh and a little about Gabriel's inferno? Its on sale for Nook but again, I hate to buy if I don't know about the book. Thanks!"

Used to be called "University of Edward Masen".
I'm not sure how much editing is done, but I suppose the premise is still the same from the fanfic. It's a student/teacher story with the guy-lead as the professor and the lady-lead as the student.

I prefer the writing style (compared to 50 shades). I wasn't able to read the whole story (since the story was pulled from fanfiction.net to be published), but from what I remember it had touches of Dante references and the formulaic brooding-guy, shy girl thing going on. It has angst, mystery, sexytimes.

message 44: by Dawn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn Well I broke down and bought Gabriel's Inferno. I'm about 5 chapters in and already glad I did :) thanks for the suggestion ladies!!!

Janet If you like Fifty Shades they you MUST read author R.K. Lilley. Best books that I have read since Fifty! She doesn't have a profile on here but I found her books on Amazon. I don't normally do this but I wanted to share such a great series. Trust me if you like Fifty you will like this series.

Book 1- In Flight
Book 2- Mile High
Book 3- Coming Soon

Sleepy Will definetly check those books out Janet!!! I LOVED fifty series Christian gray is so yummy!!!! Loved there story!!!

message 47: by Amy (last edited Nov 06, 2012 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kidneigh if you want erotic with a twist i highly recommend reading the Claiming of Sleeping beauty, Beauty's Punishment and Beauty's Release. Its a series written by Anne Rice!! although the cover says anne rice writting as a.n. roquelaure. Its an erotic twist on sleeping beauty. enjoy and let me know what you think!

Everlie Also enjoyed the trilogy of Fifty shades of Gray.Can hardily wait for my hubby to be done so I can discuss the books with him and share how we both feel.

Katrina Don't forget any book by Cherise Sinclair. She is amazing!!!

message 50: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I liked these books, but they just don't feel honest to me. Don't feel real. If you really want to read about the male mind, and you're not afraid, try The Beautiful Wishes of Ugly Men, by Adam Prince. Now, that's a haunting book.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6