Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > I'm virtually always glad I don't live in Florida

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Dang. His phone is out of service!

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I don't think you would have much to worry about, Sally, as long as you remembered to leave your crack pipe at home when you went driving.:)

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments With all due respect to our dear Floridians, due to my fear of alligators and general hatred of very hot weather I would personally amend this thread title from "sometimes" to "virtually always".

Bad drivers don't scare me....not after Chicago....

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments 50? that seems seemingly unbelievable. i mean with speeding, no seat belt, reckless driving, running a red light, driving under the influence, yada, yada we are only at like 7 or so. what other ones are there?

#19 - transporting tainted peanut butter
#27 - glove box open while driving
#32 - listening to Howard Stern on Sirius
#38 - driving with only one shoe on
#44 - live badger in rear window
#49 - expired air freshener hanging from mirror
#50 - being a dumb ass

i mean wow, these cops had to get creative it seems

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I think there were myriad drug charges - dui, dwui, possession ... I just glanced up and yours aren't serious whatsoever, K-dawg. C'mon? Glove box open while driving?

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments still, 50? (yeah i made a couple of those up)

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No!

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments Sally, you have made my day. Thank you for saying myriad instead of "a myriad of" which I hear or read too often. It hurts my head.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

:) It can be used both ways, no?

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments BTW, I'm sorry I live in Florida for myriad reasons.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments what about plethora of reasons? can i use that?

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Plethora sounds lispy.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I used to say plethora a lot in high school. It must have been as annoying as hell.

message 16: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Only if you said it a myriad of times.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm afraid I did. It was a major player in the Montambo HighSchool Lexicon.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Plethora makes awkward mouth formations which I try to avoid.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

::silently says Plethora to replicate the awkward mouth formations::

Sorry Sally I guess anytime I open my mouth its awkward, cause I don't see anything.

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little surprises.
El Guapo: Many pinatas?
Jefe: Oh yes, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A *plethora*.
Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

message 21: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) Kevin wrote: "Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little surprises.
El Guapo: Many pinatas?
Jefe: Oh yes, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas..."

That's my favorite part of The Three Amigos.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (last edited Jan 15, 2010 07:48PM) (new)

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I can imagine Sylvester the Cat saying plethora.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally how do you find all this great stuff?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Larry wrote: "I can imagine Sylvester the Cat saying plethora."

Me, too, Larry. :D

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments or Dwight Shrute

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments That definitely sounds like Dwight Shrute.

message 28: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments So, this is exactly why I am attempting to move to Florida... I would definitely be one of the smarter ones who live there by comparison. I wouldn't call 911 for anything less serious than a shortage of iced mochas.

Boy, Elvis looks like such a nice guy too.

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Looks can be deceiving, Sherrie.

message 30: by Kevin (last edited Feb 10, 2009 05:59AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah, i look like an idiot. wait....maybe they are not so deceiving after all

message 31: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments But, Kevin... you look so cool in those shades, you couldn't possibly be the idiot that you know you are.

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments thanks sherrie. (i think)

so if a guy like me wanted to read a layman type book on quantum theory (not a yellow and black quantum for dummies edition) where would one start?

message 33: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments Keep away from Florida. I'm sure, if you're like most folks. you already have enough problems (or issues for those of you who are PC) Don't go there (here) Florida has a plethora of smart people, too, although they don't get any press.

message 34: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and a lot of people who wear too much jewelry, drive caddy's and say "yo'se guyz" too

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sandy, we're kidding!!!

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments of course we are sandy. we can now turn our tiny senses of humor on indiana. i live here and i can start the ball rolling.

on prom night the girls wear dresses that will go well with John Deere green

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

In wisconsin ours wear John Deere colored bibbed overalls.

message 38: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments Sally wrote: "Sandy, we're kidding!!!"

Kevin wrote: "and a lot of people who wear too much jewelry, drive caddy's and say "yo'se guyz" too"

I realize that. However, I'm telling you, you don't want to live here with or without smart people. Hurricanese, snakes, alligators, people who honk at you before the light turns green, roaches, terrible educational system getting even worse,people who won't stop at a red light, humidity, thunder storms every day in the summer, and we don't even have real grass on our lawns. I'm telling you, don't come here.

message 39: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments I knew a guy - from FL - who made himself a camo tux for the prom, and his date wore a plain dress with a camo sash. It was one of the high points of his life. *sigh*

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments In Wisconsin we only have sane, reasonable people, like the 30 year old woman who pretended to be a high school cheerleader.

But we don't have alligators. I HATE alligators.

Sure, you had to bring this up the day before I fly to Orlando...

message 41: by Sally, la reina (last edited Feb 10, 2009 02:33PM) (new)

When they got married they dressed like this.

message 42: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think the look on the kid's face indicates he's looking at his future.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

Why do you think his dad is holding onto his head like that?

message 44: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments Randomanthony wrote: "In Wisconsin we only have sane, reasonable people, like the 30 year old woman who pretended to be a high school cheerleader.

But we don't have alligators. I HATE alligators.

Sure, you had to bri..."

Well, it's not hurricane season, and if you stay away from inland bodies of water, you should be sate from alligators. I live in Orlando and haven't seen one in 30 years.

message 45: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i love any wedding pic where there is a kid present. a built in ring bearer

and #'s 42 and 43 made me laugh out loud. thanks sally and RA. i love this group

message 46: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and sandy, it is not FL i don't like. it's that scoundrel Juan Ponce De Leon that i can't stand

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (FoggedIn) | 138 comments I know. Stupid bugger. You can drink some of his stinky fountain of youth water if you go to St. Augustine, but you won't like it.

message 48: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments When we lived in MON-roe, Lo-WEEZ-eeana there was a huge cammo store in the mall there, and everything, everything, everything was cammo. It was xmas time and all the dead dear heads on the walls had santa hats & they had a whole line of baby & toddler cammo wear. I shudder even now when I think of it. But, they did have drive-thru Daquari shacks. Now that was an experience. I call that place the pimple under the Bible Belt, which is being kind. I really think Florida is a bit more, uh, diverse (at least I'm hoping so).

Side note: Kevin - I'm reading a coupla good books on QP for the layperson that you might check out.
The Tao of Physics - He talks about the similarities between Eastern Philosophy & QP
Dancing Wu Li Masters An Overview of the New Physics - A little bit o' philosophy but mostly a good overview of QP that's easy to understand

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments thanks sherrie - today is a library day as i will prob finish my current book this evening and i hate having nothing new to read. when that happens i peruse my bookshelves and start re-reading something but never as good as something i am looking forward to. i will look for these

message 50: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Glad to be of service. :D

« previous 1 3 4 5