Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ICEBREAKERS > Getting to Know Each other

Comments Showing 1-50 of 893 (893 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Hello there, everyone. It's Gisbelle here and as a bookworm who loves to read YA contemporary romance, I've decided to create this group.
In case you're curious, NO, I do not read only YA contemporary. I read Everything and Anything. Still YA contemporary is my favorite genre. I love how easily we can relate to the books.
My favorite one (recently) is Pushing the Limits. You know why if you have read the book.

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Charters (chelsealynncharters) | 3 comments My name is Chelsea Lynn Charters.
I am the author of The Gossip Web, an YA contemporary romance novel.

I love to read YA romances --- love to write them too.
I don't think I have a favorite book, but I do have some favorites.
A Walk to Remember, Perfect You, The Wind Blows Backward.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Welcome Chelsea! Your book is one of my to-read for this month.

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Charters (chelsealynncharters) | 3 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Welcome Chelsea! Your book is one of my to-read for this month."

Thank you so much!

message 5: by Sapir (last edited Sep 17, 2012 01:39AM) (new)

Sapir | 94 comments My name is Sapir and I love reading all genres of YA books, including contemporary romance.
My favorite contemporary romance books are The Princess Dairies (and the rest of Meg cabot's books. She's great), The Last Song, Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen and Second Chance Summer.

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks for joining another group of mine, Sapir :) Love Second Chance Summer also! See you around!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Comeaux | 20 comments Thanks for the invite, Gisbelle! My name is Jennifer Comeaux and I'm the author of Life On the Edge, a YA contemporary romance.

My current favorite YA contemporary romance author is Stephanie Perkins. I'm so looking forward to Isla and the Happily Ever After!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Me too, Jennifer. I am waiting to read her book as well. Thanks for joining.

message 9: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 10 comments Hi I am Kim. I love to read pretty much everything. I am glad to be part of this group seems fun!

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Hi Kim :) Thanks for joining!

message 11: by Tanja (Tanychy) (new)

Tanja (Tanychy) Hi all! My name is Tanja and I'm from Bosnia.
I'm looking forward talking books with you and I'll give my best to join your group readings. I cannot promise anything thought. I love contemps and I've read plenty of them. My fave is Jellicoe Road because hands down to Melina Marchetta, or the Queen of contemps :)

Have a nice day.

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Thanks for joining :) Looking forward to discussing books with you too :)

message 13: by Fatema (new)

Fatema | 3 comments My name is Fatema and I am from India. I like reading books.

message 14: by KindleCousins (new)

KindleCousins  (kindlecousins) | 21 comments My name is Natasha and I live in Washington, DC with my family. I love to read and I am so excited to have been invited to join my 1st group on this webssite.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Glad to be your first lol... Welcome to the group :) See you around!

message 16: by Beatrice (last edited Sep 21, 2012 03:01AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Hi I'm Beatrice.
I just joined. I read random genres and Contemporary Romance is one of my favorite

message 17: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) Welcome Beatrice! :) I'm sure we will have fun reading books together! :)

And Natasha.. I love ur name!! :)

message 18: by KindleCousins (new)

KindleCousins  (kindlecousins) | 21 comments Deepika thanks so much for the compliment and the invite to this group:) I sooo stalk your lists:)

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Beatrice wrote: "Hi I'm Beatrice.
I just joined. I read random genres and Contemporary Romance is one of my favorite"

Thanks for joining Beatrice! Welcome and see you around.

message 20: by Marga (new)

Marga (anneamargemallow) | 9 comments Wassup? I'm Margaret!
I love love love contemporary romance but I read almost every genre. I want to explore and read as much books as I can - while I still have the time.
I'm currently in college, taking up Child Development Education Major in Special Ed. I want to be a teacher.
And I'm currently writing a book of my own and hope to share it to everyone soon. :)

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Margaret wrote: "Wassup? I'm Margaret!
I love love love contemporary romance but I read almost every genre. I want to explore and read as much books as I can - while I still have the time.
I'm currently in college..."

Cool... I wish I could write a book too :) Welcome to the group! psst. I read everything and anything too, just this genre is my fav.

message 22: by Marga (new)

Marga (anneamargemallow) | 9 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Wassup? I'm Margaret!
I'm cur..."

Me too. <3

message 23: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Opps! I accidentally did my intro in the "Welcome" discussion! :/

message 24: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle No prob... You have make your into again lol :)

message 25: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Hi guys! I'm Evelyn! I'm so excited to be part of this group! I absolutely LOVE to read! I love to read mysteries with a little bit of romance! It maybe creepy, but I love murder mysteries and crime scene shows!

Copy and Paste...such a blessing!

message 26: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 24, 2012 08:06PM) (new)

Gisbelle Thanks God for that lol...

I love mysteries also (both books and tv shows)
A few years back I read only mysteries & horror. Now I have expanded my taste in books :) but TV shows I still love crime & mysteries (CSI is my fav)

message 27: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments !!!

message 28: by Belle (new)

Belle (bellechoo) | 4 comments Hey! My name is Belinda! From Australia, and I love to read contemporary romance, fantasy, action, anything humorous, loveable male characters (especially hot ones) and books that make me feel something.
Favourite book at the moment.. Slammed by Colleen Hoover

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Belinda wrote: "Hey! My name is Belinda! From Australia, and I love to read contemporary romance, fantasy, action, anything humorous, loveable male characters (especially hot ones) and books that make me feel some..."

Thanks for joining us Belinda :D We are going to read Slammed soon. I cannot wait to read it :) See you around!

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments Hello All! My name is Kelly from the land of Chicago. I am relatively new to the GR site and LOVING it! I feel awakened, truly. I have never read so much before (school doesn't count). YA seems to be my favorite as of late, finished Beautiful Disaster and onto Lisa Kleypas's 'Wallflower' series for a change of pace. I plan to keep growing in my reading with the help of this group! I hope to read Slammed and Easy afterwards. I hear great things!
See you all around! :)

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Kelly wrote: "Hello All! My name is Kelly from the land of Chicago. I am relatively new to the GR site and LOVING it! I feel awakened, truly. I have never read so much before (school doesn't count). YA seems to ..."

Hello there Kelly! Thanks for joining :) We are going to read Slammed in the next 2 weeks :D So I hope you will read together with us :) Keep in touch!

message 32: by Deepika (new)

Deepika (deepika3) Kelly wrote: "Hello All! My name is Kelly from the land of Chicago. I am relatively new to the GR site and LOVING it! I feel awakened, truly. I have never read so much before (school doesn't count). YA seems to ..."

I totally get that feeling of being "awakened" ..! :D
It was a like a total different world out there with people who love reading books.. :)

message 33: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Kelly wrote: "Hello All! My name is Kelly from the land of Chicago. I am relatively new to the GR site and LOVING it! I feel awakened, truly. I have never read so much before (school doesn't count). YA seems to ..."

Good for you! Reading is da bomb! Haha, I laugh at my self saying that!!! :D

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam (scbooks19) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Sam, I like all kinds of book genres...especially romance, but it's got to be GOOD! :)

message 35: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Hello All!! I'm Ashleigh :) I love reading a good romance!!! ;)

message 36: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Welcome to the group Sam & Ashleigh :D I love romance tooo

message 37: by Pang (new)

Pang | 93 comments Hey!! :D Welcome, Welcome to the group Sam and Ashleigh. Hope you girls have fun in this group. =)

message 38: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh Thanks :)

message 39: by Sam (last edited Oct 22, 2012 11:01PM) (new)

Sam (scbooks19) | 4 comments Hey there, Pang! Thanks :). How did I miss this group?...well, I'm glad I found it :D

message 40: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 15 comments I particularly like how small the group is - well, it is continually growing. But it is not overwhelmingly large and gives us a chance to really have productive discussions.

message 41: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Hey there Kelly :) Thanks for joining :D I want to keep the group small, so when it's getting bigger, we are going to remove sleeping members :) I only want active members :D See you around!

message 42: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evtoki) | 109 comments Hi Kelly Thanks for joining! Me too! Small groups for some reason are much better! Hope to see you more!

message 43: by Claire (new)

Claire Lovell (ClaireyLovell) Hey everyone :) I'm Claire! I am absolutely addicted to YA romances. I've only recently discovered goodreads (Not sure how I survived without it to be honest), but I have found so many amazing books since joining. My favourite book is continually changing but this month it's Slammed <3 Love it! Hope to speak to you all soon xx

message 44: by Pang (new)

Pang | 93 comments Hi! Welcome Clairey :D I loved Slammed, too. :P

message 45: by Ronnie Jabin (new)

Ronnie Jabin | 2 comments Aloha from Hawaii! My name is Ronnie and I love to read... I am a total romance addict!!! I absolutely loved slammed and point of retreat!!! If you haven't read them... you should!!! I read all the time and whenever I need inspiration I look on Goodreads... :) So Pushing the limits is a good one.. its on my to read list.... I'll be checking it out!!

message 46: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Aloha back at you. I've always wanted to visit Hawaii :)

We have just read Slammed series in the group :) I loved book 1 and hated book 2 XD.

Pushing the Limits in the best. You'll see when you read it :)

Welcome to the group!

message 47: by Elena (new)

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 30 comments Hey there! I'm Elena Dillon, I'm a reader and writer of YA Contemporary Romance. My first book is getting ready to be published. I just finished Pushing the Limits and The Breakaway. Loved them both. I finished Easy by Tammara Webber awhile back and can't wait to talk about it with everyone!

message 48: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) I'm Destiny and I love to write but I haven't actually had time to read in a while, which is sad.

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Elena wrote: "Hey there! I'm Elena Dillon, I'm a reader and writer of YA Contemporary Romance. My first book is getting ready to be published. I just finished Pushing the Limits and The Breakaway. Loved them bot..."

Hi Elena :) I read Pushing the Limits, The Breakaway and loved them both too :D

Happy to have you here! See you around!

message 50: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle Destiny wrote: "I'm Destiny and I love to write but I haven't actually had time to read in a while, which is sad."

Hi Destiny :) That is sad not being able to do what we love. I hope you have more free time soon :)

Welcome to the group :D See you around!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18