Start by marking “Dreamology” as Want to Read:
Dreamology

Dreamology

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  8,580 ratings  ·  1,540 reviews
For as long as Alice can remember, she has dreamed of Max. Together, they have travelled the world and fallen deliriously, hopelessly in love. Max is the boy of her dreams—and only her dreams. Because he doesn’t exist.

But when Alice walks into class on her first day at a new school, there he is. Real Max is nothing like Dream Max. He’s stubborn and complicated. And he has
Hardcover, First Edition, 329 pages
Published April 12th 2016 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Dreamology, please sign up.
Lucy Keating Thanks Sobia! I had the idea floating around my head for a few years, and then once I really started working on it, a few months get the concept down.…moreThanks Sobia! I had the idea floating around my head for a few years, and then once I really started working on it, a few months get the concept down. (less)
Lucy Keating Hey Aven! To be perfectly honest...she's a lot like me. Not all my characters are, but Alice is. But I pushed certain aspects, like she is even more…moreHey Aven! To be perfectly honest...she's a lot like me. Not all my characters are, but Alice is. But I pushed certain aspects, like she is even more of a dreamer, even a little more hopelessly romantic. But a lot of her weird observations are my own. Unfortunately :) Glad you liked the book!(less)
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn HamiltonBlackhearts by Nicole CastromanThe Girl from Everywhere by Heidi HeiligEver the Hunted by Erin SummerillIvory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
YA Debuts 2016
256 books — 1,443 voters
YA Novels of 2016
1,292 books — 9,682 voters

More lists with this book...

·  8,580 ratings  ·  1,540 reviews

Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
Dreamology is one of the most epic love stories I have ever read. And by epic, I mean:

And this:

AND this:

description

Seriously guys, I was fangirling the ENTIRE time that I was reading this book. It was amazing, beautiful, hilarious, and relatable. It's a contemporary romance with a sci-fi twist that will make you want to read it over and over again. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. The characters are fantastic, the writing is witty and funny, and the development of the plot is extremely well-exe
Elena
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
❝It surprises me, how a gesture so small can feel so very big. How sometimes you don't realize the nervousness or sadness you were holding deep inside until the touch of someone you love lets it all out of you, like your entire body is exhilarating.❞

I think it was only the beginning that was pretty slow and boring but until 100 pages or so, everything was making a step forward and getting better and better. Everything was quick and easy to understand, it just started off boring, not really get
Joshee Kun (조수아)
I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me
Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be
Open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream.
-Nelly

Gleaning upon the aforementioned lyrics, Dreamology was exceptionally dreamlike. It's the love story of Alice and Max, two lonely teenagers who have been dreaming about each other nearly every night since they were kids. On one fated day, they finally meet in real life, and they are forced to question the authenticity of their feelings, as well as their own sanity. Afte
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Ever since Alice was a little girl she’s been accompanied by Max in her dreams. Whether scuba diving around an old pirate ship or floating down a milk river on Cinnamon Toast Crunch rafts, Max has always been by her side. As much as Alice wishes Max was a part her real life, each morning when she wakes . . . .

That is until she starts a new school and Max walks into her classroom. Strange things begin to happen the more Alice gets to
Kyla Harris
Pace - 7/10
Ending - 3/10
58/100 = C
3/5 stars

I expected a lot more from this story with all the raving reviews I saw coming from it. But sadly this book just wasn't for me.

(On another note this book's vibe is crazy similar to Rebel Belle so if you've read that and enjoyed it, I'd highly recommend you giving this one a go!)

A lot of things didn't make sense and weren't explained well. Plot problems were solved in a page or two and just h
Beatrice in Bookland
Sep 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
wtf did I just read photo: What the hell did I just read 1280117275806.gif

wtf did I just read
Laura Lovely
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5- booktalk to come! :)

“Standing in the doorway of the classroom, looking directly at me, is Max.
My Max.
My Max of my dreams.”

This was a bit of a weird story, and I didn’t really enjoy it.

Alice just whined way too much for me, from Max not recognising her, to her name being dull, it just seemed like she never stopped moaning! She came across as quite immature, and she just irritated me.

The stor
Chelsey Ellice
Another book I've fallen completely in love with. I wish this was how I meet my husband! It is such a unique story that will leave you feeling so warm and happy. loved every bit of it!!!
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
This book reminds me of the joys of having an active imagination. I felt like I was floating on a euphoria-filled cloud the entire time I spent reading this book.

Keating's writing is bubbly and cheery, and there's a flair of sophistication and pure happiness infused in her words. I could feel it from page one to the very end. Although this book deals with grief and abandonment and childhood problems, this book really picks up your spirits with its humor and touching scenes. I found myself smili
Khadidja ~on hiatus~
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
I JUST WANT TO READ ONE *ONE* FRRAKING FIVE STARS READ THIS MONTH WHY IS THAT SO HARD

This book started off cute and all but then...???? Like???? Alice and Max were both so shallow and uninteresting...and it was just...ugh i wanted it so bad to be a cute contemporary...
Stacee
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this {and hello gorgeous cover}, so I was quite eager to start reading.

I loved Alice right from the beginning. She's a little quirky, but I think that was one of my favorite parts to her personality. She loves being in her dreams and who can blame her. Max is sweet and maybe a little confused at what's happening. He catches up quickly and I liked him so much even his push and pull with Alice didn't annoy me. There are some other great characters {Oliver and Alice's BFF, S
Kate (GirlReading)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Dreamology was a cute, fun and easy read, mixing contemporary with sci-fi but ultimately, for me, it was nothing special. I didn't find myself entirely connected or attached to either the characters or the plot, although I did appreciate the concept. However, it was cute and fun and it's definitely made me intrigued to read more from Lucy Keating in the future.
Liz (alaskanknitandlit)
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick review: I just couldn't give this book anything BUT 5 stars. But let me say, I can see how this story might not be for everyone. Personally, I have a huge imagination, and I have CRAZY dreams, that are sometimes very very realistic. That's the reason this story seemed so interesting to me.
This book is quirky, fun, silly, dreamy, and just entertaining. I started this at 2pm, and finished at 9pm, yes it's a quick read! But I didn't really want it to end... Kind of like a really good dream!
Melanie
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute story with many ups and downs. Dreamology js a book I'll never forget. Can't wait for the rest of the world to read it.
Kaila
3.5/5 stars

"Love is a dream, then you wake up”

This was an absolutely adorable and unique love story. Everything was so cute, dream-like and magical. It started off as a relatively normally high school story with some unexplained dreams, but soon turned into a whacky and completely random story that seemed like one huge hallucination. It was a light, fast and fun read that left me feeling happy and giddy inside.

No matter how bad the day is, Alice knows that her dreams will be full of happiness
chloe ❀
This was a cute little read, with an interesting concept :) I'm not sure how I feel about it though? (Like there were some parts I found wrong [I'll elaborate below] but GAH I LOVED THE DREAMING ABOUT EACH OTHER THING and the teeny tiny bits about psychology!)

Love is a dream, then you wake up.

One night I got bored so I browsed my Kindle library and found this.

To be honest, I forgot when I got Dreamology? I think it was a while back when I saw some of my GR friends reviewing it. There were 100+
Jillian
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

i loved this! it is adorable, swoony, and funny. i can't give it 5 stars because there are a few plot holes here and there and i wish i could have gotten just little more from the the characters in terms of development BUT that's not what this book was supposed to be anyway...it just made me smile and laugh and root for max and alice.
Layla (Between the Lines)
“Love is a dream, then you wake up.”

Reading this book was like diving back into my early high school years, when daydreaming took up 90% of my life. Let me get one thing straight: this book was nothing like I expected it to be. It also wasn't terrible... it was just different. The concept is what drew me in.

Alice has been dreaming about this boy, Max, for years and years. They have an incredible bond and relationship. The problem? It's all in her head. She made him up. It's all fun and games (o
Gabby
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Anna and the French Kiss
Mehhh, I guess I'm in the minority here on not really liking this one. This book just wasn't what I was expecting at all. Maybe it was a combination of high expectations and a romance that I didn't really care for, but I just didn't enjoy it all that much. I was expecting it to be a book about a girl who dreams about a boy for her entire life, and then she later meets the boy in real life - which is what the book is but then it's also so much more than that. I guess I just wasn't all th
Brenda Waworga
Jul 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
UGH I don’t even know where to start.. so maybe start this review with things I like about this book: cover and premise… and that’s all I like about this book… as someone who loved to sleep and dream, this sounds like a perfect fluffy read! BUT NOPEEEEE… so it came to the things WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT THIS BOOK that ended me with a single star (prepare for a very salty review)

- The writing style is weird… its all over the places

- The main characters were so CHILDISH AND ANNOYING!! Especially th
Hannah
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
DREAMOLOGY is a sweet and beautiful romance about two people whose lives become entwined by their subconscious.

Ever since they were kids, Max and Alice have dreamt about one another. Not a night goes by where they don't share a moment in time (sometimes it's a simple date at the MOMA other times they're on a wild adventure in another country). Alice blows everything off as a dream until she walks into a new school and sitting inside the classroom is Max.

Real, living, breathing Max. Who isn't jus
Farah
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-for-me, own
Okay, I'm gonna refrain from being too ranty about this book, but I will say I don't really get the hype around this book. I can see why some people liked this, but I don't get how SO MANY people love this across the board. With that being said, my review will contain all the rational reasons why I didn't like this book. I'm usually a really forgiving reader and I let things go pretty easily, but I couldn't with this.

But by the end of the book...all I could think was, really? what was the point
Rose
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anna & TFK fans, and idk
“Don’t fall asleep,” he pleads. “We haven’t had enough time.”

High Expectations + A Book with My Pet Peeves = Utter Disappointment.
Don't get me wrong though, Dreamology is a book of never ending cute moments, but that just wasn't enough. Well, it actually could've been enough had there not been (view spoiler).

description

“Why? What happened on the balloon?” I ask, pretending to be confused.
“Oh, you don’t remember?” Max says, playing along. “Would it help if I reminded you
Sue
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How I enjoyed this book ! The only way to describe it is that it was dreamy :) . Let me show you some phrases that caught my attention :
- " “I can’t go back to living in my dreams, Alice. I’ve worked too hard for my reality.” / “Even if your dreams are standing right here?”"
- "There is no way back, no way forward, and, worst of all, no one here to tell me everything will be all right.
I am utterly alone."
- " We’re getting to know each other again. We’re building something in real life. And it’s n
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
2.5 STARS (Audiobook)

WHAT I LIKED:
I really liked the premise of dreaming of someone for years and then coming face to face with them in real life. Max had appeared in Alice's dreams since she was a little girl and their nightly escapades were sweet and funny and whimsical. Also, the secondary characters were excellent.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
As intriguing as the synopsis was, the story didn't really work for me. There wasn't a lot of focus on why this was happening to Alice and Max (which, hello, is
Sandra
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't believe how much I loved this book. Actually, I can. As someone who has a veeeery active imagination, this book was such a delight to read.

The story was unique and interesting, and while I expected a bit more in terms of development and depth, I had an amazing time reading it, so maybe 3.5 stars?

I will obviously expand on my thoughts about Dreamology as soon as I have some time to write a proper a review.
Jasmine
Thought this would be at least 4 stars, but I was really underwhelmed by the main characters. There were so many cute moments, but some of the larger events just didn't flow logically or reasonably.

Max is wishy-washy at times and Alice is naive to the point that she was just childish. I'm a little disappointed because this started out so fun, but the journey of their relationship was just meh. Also, cheating?...dream or reality...not ok.

Axum
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Doesn't spoil much so if you read the parts that say Spoiler don't worry they don't reveal much!*

This was a good book that I am glad I read. When I first saw this book's cover and description on the back about a dream boy I thought, "Oh what another cliche story about perfect boys" but it wasn't like that.
Introducing Alice who was someone that loved her dream boy Max. She was stuck in this dream world where she was far away from reality and what happens in her everyday life. That all changed w
IRP #2 Alannah Stahl 1 4 Oct 22, 2017 06:16PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dreamology by Lucy Keating - Starting August 19th 2017 5 16 Sep 09, 2017 09:09PM
Goodreads Librari...: The same book registered twice. 5 199 Jul 28, 2017 10:11PM
Addicted to YA: Dreamology 5 131 Aug 24, 2016 02:05AM
Around the Year i...: Dreamology, by Lucy Keating 2 16 Aug 05, 2016 09:50PM
The Book Bound So...: May BOTM: "Dreamology" Discussion & Spoilers 32 75 May 30, 2016 06:59PM
The Book Bound So...: May BOTM: "Dreamology" Announcement 33 97 May 13, 2016 02:19AM

• Trouble from the Start
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
  • The Leaving Season
  • Just Like Fate
  • The Fall of Butterflies
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • A Walk in the Sun
  • Wild Swans
Lucy lives in San Francisco, California. She grew up in Boston, Massachusetts, attended Williams College in the Berkshires, and still misses the East Coast very much.

When she's not writing, Lucy can usually be found obsessing over the latest music, inventing new flavors of ice cream, or having what she feels are perfectly acceptable conversations with her dog, Ernie.

You can follow Lucy on Instagr
“It surprises me, how a small gesture can feel so very big. How sometimes you don't realize the nervousness or sadness you were holding deep inside until the touch of someone you love lets it all out of you, like your entire body is exhaling.” 33 likes
“Love is a dream, then you wake up” 15 likes