Start by marking “Shuffle, Repeat” as Want to Read:
Shuffle, Repeat

Shuffle, Repeat

When Harry Met Sally for YA romance readers. This opposites-attract love story is perfect for fans of Huntley Fitzpatrick, Stephanie Perkins, and Jenny Han.

June wants high school to end and real life to begin. Oliver is soaking up senior year’s glory days. They could have coasted through high school, knowing about—but not really knowing—each other.

Except th/>
Published May 3rd 2016 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Shuffle, Repeat
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars Seriously, how cute is this book? It makes you remember feeling shy and giggly and melty-puddly around the guy you like. *sigh*

It took me a bit to get into the story and I didn't love the music-heavy playlist conceit, though the latter was obviously the pitch that got the book sold. (view spoiler) ...more
Heather
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Ah what an adorable, sweet book!
Loved it!
Would highly recommend if you are a contemporary fan!
Jaime Arkin
I loved, loved, loved this book.

June is ready for high school to be over so she can start her real life... I mean everything that happens in high school is really just warm up for what’s going to happen next and doesn’t mean a thing. At least that’s what June thinks.

Oliver on the other hand has loved high school and is living up his glory days. He’s a senior and he’s going to enjoy and take advantage of every single thing being a senior has to offer. Now he just needs to
Stacee
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
The idea of arguing over music sold me on this book and I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Love love loved June and Oliver. She a bit cynical and he's so over the top happy and it's mildly hilarious watching them have at it. The banter is strong, the swoons are even stronger, and I've never been so in love and so outraged with a turn of a page.

Shaun, Darbs, and Lily are great secondary characters and I wish they wouldn't have been in the periphery, but at the same time, it was an effective
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
At about a third of the way in, I had to let this go. I just can't stand June. She's judgey and pretentious and bigoted and the story is obviously about humanizing her and at this point if feels like such a manipulated setup it's like listening to a Preach-day sermon from Preachy McPreacherson . Oliver is nine kinds of awesome and I can't take any more of the holier-than-thou from June and her life-sucks and nothing-matters grump-fest.
Hollis
"What are you, a twelve year old girl?"
"It's a power ballad, June. They were wildly popular."
"Are you a twelve year old girl in the eighties?"

SHUFFLE, REPEAT was so so good. And is also chockfull of said good in the way contemporary novels, especially YA, should be : diversity, representation, sex-positivity.. while still maintaining a high level of banter, swoons, geekyness, music, amazing friendships, coming of age.. and also, I mean, I just loved the leads.

"I am equally surprised by your misogyny."
"Whereas I am now surprised that you kno/>"Whereas"I/>"Are/>"It's"What
Gillian Berry

OH MY GOD I SO COMPLETELY LOVED THAT MY WHOLE SOUL IS SMILING RIGHT NOW
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it

June and Oliver have known each other since kindergarten—even before that really—since their days in diapers! Their moms are besties, but June and Oliver are complete opposites. They move in completely different circles in the halls of high school. Or do they? Shuffle, Repeat is the story of when one eye-rolling high school cynic starts hanging out with a gorgeous, king of the school jock.

June can’t wait for senior year to end. To get out of the cliques and clichés of high school lif
A_Ryan
5 FANTASTIC OLIVER STARS!!!

A terrific YA romance that had me smiling, gushing, twisting, and laughing all through it.

LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS ONE!!

I've recently been on a little bit of a YA romance fiction binge. I really like the fact that the protagonists are on a journey to find themselves, trying to survive the confusing, and often conflicting emotions involved in being a teenager. I like the growth each character experiences. But most of all, I like the focus on
alexandra ling
i couldn't help binging this entire book in a day because CUTE CONTEMPORARIES are my weakness. i really enjoyed this book, but i don't think it's one i loved so much that i'd reread constantly.
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

Personal Thoughts: After reading Caraval and Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy, I was really craving a solid contemporary read. I tend to like switching up genres often so after so much time in other worlds, I felt ready to revisit our own. I had remembered that Alexa and Rachel both enjoyed reading Shuffle, Repeat and so I plucked it from my shelf and settled in for a cute fluffy romance. Shuffle, Repeat delivered exactly what I was craving and it has
Susan's Reviews
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this one a 3.75 out of 5. The author writes very well, her characters are interesting and diverse, and she ticked many of the major LGBTQ boxes with the supporting characters, and there are several thematic issues (children of divorce, etc.) that will attract many readers.
June and Oliver are carpooling to school every morning as a result of their mothers' joint interference. They used to be childhood friends, but have grown apart: she is serious and bookish; he is the popular jock an
Louise
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Another song for our playlist. When will you ever learn?”

Apparently the answer is “never,” because here we are again: me falling hopelessly; him unaware and unattainable.

I was reading another book that was so intense and heavy, so I wanted to balance it out with something light. (I don't really read two books at a time but I figured that I need to at least try at some point.) So I decided to start reading this expecting some light and fluffy contemporary. And yes it slayed all my expect
Christine Alibutud
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"It seems devastating to have your heart so completely undone for a single person. If they screw up, if they don’t feel the same, if their life is too busy or too complicated or too far away to fit you into it, something inside you breaks. Even when it heals, there are scars."

description
description

So for the sake of Shuffle, Repeat's nature, I'm going to write this review about my reading experience of this book as a playlist with a total of 5 songs—which I all thought of randomly just now. Lol.
Track #1: Start of Something New - High ScLol.
Track ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

Sometimes I think back on that period of my teens where I was jaded about romance novels and contemporaries and fluff and I wonder what the fuck was wrong with me. Like, why would I ever want to deprive myself of sheer joy? And who was I kidding when I pretended that ships were not the best thing ever? They are. Shuffle, Repeat is nigh perfect fluff. I devoured it in one day, finishing with a massive grin on my face (my boyfriend was watching basketball while I read and he l
Antonia
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I've finally figured out that some things are uncontrollable, and one of those things is my heart, and the fact that it absolutely, without questions, loves you."

Why is no one talking about this book?
It's such a cute, perfect lovey dovey contemporary! Contemporaries, for me, are a hit or miss based on the characters. And these characters are the best! I love June, I completely fell in love with Oliver and their whole crew of friends are just SO cool. This is only 300 pages lon
Natalia
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was a cute book, but really cliche at times.
The story follows June, a high school senior that believes that high school isn't important and isn't a "joiner". She has to ride to school every day with Oliver, who is the typical jock.
They had an overall cute relationship, even though it was annoying at times, because of the miscommunication. If they had just talked honestly to each other a lot of drama could've been avoided.
The main theme of the book was how important high school was. I do
Jessica
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
It has been far too long since I've read and loved a YA contemporary. Lately, I haven't been into YA and I was scared that it was because I was growing out of the genre. Thankfully, I picked this book up and fell utterly in love with it.

June thinks that high school is a cliche that won't matter as soon as graduation comes. Oliver, on the other hand, thinks that high school is important in defining who you are and who you will become. So when June and Oliver's mom arrange for Oliver to drive Jun
Jen Ryland
This book was promising at first but then the plot got bogged down and my attention drifted.

June and Oliver's moms are neighbors and BFFs and they set their kids up to carpool together to school. While June and Oliver aren't a couple - each of them has a significant other and they disagree about a bunch of stuff - it is clear that they are meant to be together.

At first, I loved this premise. June is kind of judge-y but I sort of liked her. But to me, the plot got dragged down by all this rando
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Yay! My 225th book of the year! And what a cute one to complete my reading goal with!!!

Honestly, I WISH my senior year had been as momentous as June's, regardless of how she felt about it. But I'm glad the story I had laid out in my head is not what transpired in Shuffle, Repeat because I probably wouldn't have liked the book as much. :) Never have I been so happy to see my theories proved wrong. The lack of communication between two supposed friends did bug me, as did the fixation on the
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I think I liked the idea of this book rather than the work itself.

I had expecting them not to be civil around each other when the book started but they seemed like good friends. Did the blurb mislead me? Probably.

This is going to sound crazy but I liked them more as friends. They had this strangely interesting dynamic I rarely see in books.

It's a nice book to pass the time and it won't blow your mind but it's perfect for those days you just want a 'feel-good' read.
Laurence R.
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT SO MUCH MORE THAN I EXPECTED!! It just keeps getting better until it's almost too good to be true. Honestly, PLEASE READ IT!
K.
Trigger warnings: Misogyny, crappy parents, cheating. I think that's all?

Okay, so first things first: I have a serious bone to pick with this cover. The protagonist of this book dresses almost exclusively in black and is really into screamo. The love interest is a super popular jock. This cover says neither of those things to me. Especially the pink Cons.

But I digress.

This was cute. Kind of dumb. But cute. There's plenty of diversity where the secondary characters are concerned, the dialogue
Melanie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: yabrc, where
I thought I would enjoy this book, because I like YA contemporaries; in the end, however, I was just looking forward to it being over. The characters bugged me, I didn't like the romance, and there was some content that I didn't like reading. All in all, Shuffle, Repeat was not a book for me. I don't recommend it.
Nomes
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shuffle, Repeat is the kind of fun, cruisey YA read that I often crave (and can be surprisingly hard to find). It's cute and swoony and mostly predictable ~ yet somehow I found it unputdownable and the perfect smiley feel good read. I did think the climax complication was forced and a bit odd, but that still didn't stop me from overall loving this. I am really keen for more from Jen Klein. For fans of Kasey West and Elizabeth Scott.
CLM
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book about an unlikely friendship between two high school seniors forced to carpool together. June is smart and snarky while Oliver is an effortlessly popular jock - they have nothing in common. Or do they?
Here is a link to my review: http://perfectretort.blogspot.com/201...
4 1/2 stars
Alexa
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars, but I can round it up to 5 stars for Oliver. I just finished this book with the biggest grin on my face after tearing up only moments before. It's got s lot of humor and a ton of heart, but most impressively, it captures that feeling of being a senior in high school and how everything matters in a way that's different.
Holly
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Super cute book!!!! I seriously had a smile on my face throughout this entire book 😊. Loved every moment and it was exactly what I needed.
Jessica
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book actually managed to give me butterflies <3
Debby
4 stars

That was absolutely adorable. Like, if you're ever in the mood for a book that's so cute and bantery that you just devolve into giggles and uncontrollable smiling, you should pick this one up.

Loved the slow burn friends-to-lovers romance - which, you'll know, is my jam. Oliver is absolute magic. Like, when June literally says, "Oliver is everything," I just nodded emphatically because OLIVER IS EVERYTHING. So handsome and positive and happiness-inducing.

There w

• The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
  • Starry Eyes
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)
  • Alex, Approximately