Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) Dead Witch Walking discussion

Buddy read...book 1-10

Comments Showing 1-50 of 307 (307 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Joanna (last edited Sep 10, 2012 12:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna Love the Hollows series...Really cant wait one whole year for the next book so until then lets dive back and revel in the hallows world of yummy vampires and cutie pixies,powerful elves and a witch with a walking,talking death wish who seems to attract anything and everything that goes bump in the night....

Rachael Lets start :)

Joanna you found me..*sniff*[dont mind me these are happy tears]

Rachael I did.. eeeeek! XD I'm now trying to read, type and straighten my hair.. Multi tasking at its best

Joanna try not to get burned...
I've done it so many times,seeing the tiny burns my man keeps asking me if welding is part of my job description..

Joanna so have you started...what do think of the cover??

Rachael I'm trying to get started but still on the first page.. I like the cover, it's very urm..... sexy! Kick ass chick in leathers and a pair of cuffs!

message 8: by Joanna (last edited Sep 10, 2012 12:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna Really you gotta be that careful huh..jeez

Yep its a gotta lil dark angel vibe going on remember the jessica alba show..which got cancelled after its second season?

Rachael No, not seen that one.

message 10: by Joanna (last edited Sep 10, 2012 12:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna but it definitely looks more tomb raider..
"hey angie I think you forgot an important part of your ensemble ...silver handcuffs"....

Joanna that was an awesome show..it was about genetically mutated humans and she was a badass..:D
her one line"lets blaze"..I still use it (I know,corny)..:(

Rachael Haha, it sounds like something I would have liked!

Joanna oh most def..:)

Rachael Chapter two done...
"How much lower, I wondered, could I sink? It must have been from tagging that seeing eye dog last week. How was I supposed to know it wasn't a werewolf? It matched the decription."
"Dressed in black silk with a red bandana, he looked like a miniture Peter Pan posing as an inner city gang member." - You gotta love Jenks!
Hahaha... It's just funny!
How are you getting on?

Joanna I'm done with chapter 1...
but yeah I love jenks he's soo cute..I always did love tinkerbell..so kinda makes sense :)

Rachael Me too.. big Disney geek :)
Are we reading on?
You'll prob know this already but why is the vampire so willing to throw everything away? Does she want to protect Rachel or is she leaving for her own reasons???

Erika Only Jenks could pull off black silk and a red bandana! Hey yall sorry I'm late! Rachel do you want an answer to the Ivy question or are you just thinking out loud? Don't want to spoil it for you!

Rachael Mainly thinking out loud but if you could tell me if it's one of them, which one it is and without giving too much away??

Erika Hmmmmm in that case I will say....both :)

Erika Rachel I am a little bit envious because you have so many wonderful reads to look forward to...big sigh!

Joanna Hey Erica..:)you found us..
so where you at..

Rach keep going...
its just keeps getting better..

Rachael Ah interesting...
I do don't I :) It's not all bad being a newbie to the world of books!
I will keep reading then ;)

Joanna Rachael wrote: "Ah interesting...
I do don't I :) It's not all bad being a newbie to the world of books!
I will keep reading then ;)"

where you at?

Erika I am ready for book 2 but I will hang back until Rachel is done with book one. I have another book to finish for a book of the month group so I can finish that one before starting #2. I am so happy to be back in the world of the Hallows!

Joanna @erica..read captive by cj roberts?

Rachael Well I wasn't sure whether I should be carrying on or not so I decided to wait for J so I'm still on the start of chapter three...Ooops!
I shall pick up the pace but the kids are on one so if you really want to keep going, you can do :)

Erika Joanna wrote: "@erica..read captive by cj roberts?"

No I will check it out.....

Erika Rachael wrote: "Well I wasn't sure whether I should be carrying on or not so I decided to wait for J so I'm still on the start of chapter three...Ooops!
I shall pick up the pace but the kids are on one so if you r..."

No worries Rachael this is a reread for us so I am in no hurry! Totally understand reading with kids. I have a daughter!

Erika Joanna wrote: "@erica..read captive by cj roberts?"

Uhm yeah I need to read Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) by C.J. Roberts this maybe up next!

message 30: by Joanna (last edited Sep 10, 2012 09:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna Rachel you have a daughter...how do I not know these things...

erica,I dont know what the bloody hype is,but I personally found the book really off I'm reading the second one too..I dont get it..
its about kidnapping woman turning then into sex slaves and then selling them...How can someone make a love story out of that...I mean these things happen for real..whatever.

Erika I know I thought the same thing but all the reviews said must read now! Are you saying I shouldn't ? Sounded like it was going to be dark but I kinda like it that way... But not real life dark if u get what I am trying to say

Joanna oh no please read it...
maybe you'l see something in it I dint..

Rachael I have a boy and a girl :)
on with charter 4 now....

Joanna but you're 26
wow I better get cracking on the marriage front or I might end up being a mother at 30

here I thought i was doing the right thing by telling my bf I'm too young for the matrimonial noose...turns out I'm wrong...lol(y do I feel like crying )

Joanna Erica who do you think our witch should end up with in the end....(in codes,cant give the plot away to Rach)

Erika (view spoiler)

Joanna How do you hide a spoiler?

Rachael I won't read, I won't read... I.. Will.. Not... Read!!!
Oh Joanna don't rush anything. Take your time and enjoy being young!

Erika Joanna wrote: "How do you hide a spoiler?"

Check your email...it wouldnt let me type it here...

Erika Rachael wrote: "I won't read, I won't read... I.. Will.. Not... Read!!!
Oh Joanna don't rush anything. Take your time and enjoy being young!"

Lol...it's doesn't give much away but don't read it! And I agree with you...Joanna don't rush anything you have plenty of time...enjoy your youth!

Joanna (view spoiler)

Joanna Oh my I did it ...*so proud*

Joanna Erika wrote: Oh Joanna don't rush anything. Take your time and enjoy being young!"

Ok its official you guys are starting to scare me..is it really that bad?

Erika (view spoiler)

Racheal stay away from this one!!

Erika Joanna wrote: "Oh my I did it ...*so proud*"

Nice work!

Joanna (view spoiler)

sorry Rache last one promise...:I

Rachael Haha it's ok. Are these spoilers from the first book?

Rachael Joanna wrote: "Erika wrote: Oh Joanna don't rush anything. Take your time and enjoy being young!"

Ok its official you guys are starting to scare me..is it really that bad?"

Not at all. But's very hard.. Get what ever you want to do out of the way and then start!

Joanna nope the series..so dint even peek

Not at all. But's very hard.. Get what ever
oh I intend to...:)

Erika Rachael wrote: "Haha it's ok. Are these spoilers from the first book?"

No these are overall series spoilers.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7