Brandy
Brandy asked Lynsay Sands:

How did you come up with Argeneau Series? And where did you get the idea to make one of the a romamce writer?

Lynsay Sands I came up with the Argeneau series because myself and two writer friends were chatting one night and one suggested the three of us should do a vampire anthology for Halloween. I was writing funny historicals at the time and she suggested I could write funny vamps. I said, "Oh good lord, you know if I did that I'd write about a vamp who fainted at the sight of blood or something." I threw out several ideas, we laughed, the subject changed and we never did the anthology. But some of those ideas were really cute and wouldn't leave me, so I started considering a vampire book and how I'd do it. I have a pretty logical mind so the whole dead and soulless thing didn't work for me, so I had to do some research to find a way I found more acceptable. Bionanos were the answer. But I didn't want a bunch of young vampires, like from our century, so Atlantis came into play with it's rumoured advanced technology and...The Argeneaus came out of it. Lucern just came to me as a romance writer, probably because I'm one myself, and so I used what I know.
Lynsay Sands