sara
sara asked Katie McGarry:

Hi. I was wondering if you could tell me how you create story ideas because i'm in desperate need of help. I'm good at writing but bad at creating a good story idea from small visions. thank you

Katie McGarry Hi Sara,

My favorite book on the craft of writing is Anatomy of Story by John Truby. This book is very helpful for me with coming up with ideas. It asks me the question--am I writing something that's changing my life?

That question is one that helps me with my ideas. I draw from strong emotions I'm currently experiencing or have experienced. I then decide to write something that helps heals any old wounds.

Exciting news! I have a new series releasing in January 2019! The first book is called Only a Breath Apart and it is receiving amazing reviews!

I can't wait for you to read it!

Good luck with your writing!

Katie