Monika
Monika asked Katie McGarry:

Hi Katie. I'm an Italian reader. I often read in English too, every time it gets easier. I've read pushing the limits in Italian and really loved it. Hopefully the following books of that series will be released in Italian too. Anyway my very compliments, I love your style. Did you get a writer because you loved reading? Or was it the opposite? Whatever it was, please go on doing it. You're great!

Katie McGarry Hi Monika,

Oddly enough there was a time in my life where I hated to read. I think the problem for me was that I couldn't find much as a young teen I could relate to. Then I read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and my life changed. I consumed books after that.

Part of my decision to write books is because I want to write the books I needed when I was a teen. Books that showed tough situations yet there was hope.

Thank you,

Katie