C.R. Bell
C.R. Bell asked Katie McGarry:

Hi Katie, you are an amazing writer. I recently sent you a message on Facebook and you responded! Thanks for that. My question is for Pushing The Limits. You captured Noah's personality so well and it's easy for me to imagine him and understand his character. How did you know how to write his character so that we could imagine him so well?

Katie McGarry Hi C.bell,

Thank you for reaching out to me via Facebook. I love chatting with my readers!

I spend a lot of time getting to know my characters and in order to make them relatable, I give them a sliver of myself.

I gave Noah my grief.

I lost my best friend since birth when I was twenty and it was a major loss to me. There are some days that I still pick up the phone to call her and then the loss hits me all over again.

I think giving Noah such strong emotions in his grief over losing his parents and being separated from his brothers makes him feel very real.

Thank you,

Katie