Sheila Jenkins
Sheila Jenkins asked Lynsay Sands:

I know u get tons of the same questions but when u write your books with a family line involved is the outline for the family there at the beginning or are they added as you write. I so love the quips in your books! Thank you for your words!

Lynsay Sands I don't plan books ahead as a rule which is why it's hard for me to answer the question of when a character will get their own story. When I write a book, I worry about the hero and heroine only and leave the rest for later. The reason for that is that if I plan too much ahead, it gets boring actually writing it later and if it's boring, I'll give up on it and write something else. So, no, I don't generally start out planning to write for a whole family, it just happens.
Lynsay Sands