Jo
Jo asked Katie McGarry:

I read all of your books, and I love them to death! I was just wondering if you had any advice for future writers?

Katie McGarry Hi Jo,

Thank you for reading my books! It's very exciting to hear that you enjoy writing.

1. Finish a book. I know that this sounds weird, but for myself, it was difficult to stick with a project. Sometimes, as writers, we get very excited about a new idea, but then we get bored with the book in the middle and move onto something else. Don't move on to something else. Finish the book.

2. Revise the book. Just because you finished doesn't mean that it is done.

3. Find a critique group or multiple people who will give you honest feedback on your book.

4. Study the craft of writing. I took online courses from RWA and Margie Lawson. My favorite book on writing is John Truby's The Anatomy of Story. I always read this book when I am plotting a new story.

5. Read--a lot!

I hope this helps!

Katie