Henry
Henry asked Scott Hawkins:

No question - - no need to answer. Really enjoyed your book. Echoes of Neal Gaiman, Lev Grossman, even Greg Bear (Songs of Earth and Power). I have a good friend who is a librarian - - I've recommended this to him. I'm looking forward to whatever you have coming out next! ?

Scott Hawkins Thanks Henry! I haven't read Songs of Earth and Power, but I do like Greg Bear. As far as real-life librarians--it seems like I accidentally tapped into some sort of collective dream of theirs. Even the ones who don't particularly like this sort of book seem to approve of murderous librarians in principle.

As far as next book -- thanks! Me too, honestly. I've been grinding away since March. It turns out writing is a lot of work.