Derek Peter Hawley
Derek Peter Hawley asked Lois McMaster Bujold:

I found a show on Netflix titled "Mushi-shi" and I seem to remember it being discussed on here once in connection with butter bugs? If memory serves, it wasn't available on Netflix at the time, so if that was your blog I was reading I thought I'd let you know : ) if not, please tell me so I can try to figure out which author it was. Thanks!

Lois McMaster Bujold I have certainly recommended the anime of Mushi-shi. I think I found it first on Netflix, but now own my own copy. (They did a live-action movie of it, too, but the anime is much better. The anime is quite closely based on the original manga.)

No influence on butter bugs, as A Civil Campaign was written in the late 90s, and I didn't find the anime till much later, after Netflix was invented.

Ta, L.