Lauren
Lauren asked:

Is it essential to read the first book before the second? (I bought this one without realising there was another before)

To answer questions about The Private School Murders, please sign up.
Mooni Baronets Yes. The first chapter won't make sense to you unless you read the first one.
Macey Yes. Read them in order, it makes the series better
Bella Taylor For me I found that you don't really need to read the first book. If you find it confusing , you might want to read the first one , but in my opinion it really doesn't matter.
Dinah King I read the second one first. While it's probably better to read the first one first, I think there is enough explanation of what happened in the last book for it to be okay.
Cy oh trust me it is vital!
Nichole I did didn't realize there was one before until I was almost done with the second and I still enjoyed the read. I am moving on to #3 but will go back and read the 1st at some point.
Image for The Private School Murders
by James Patterson (Goodreads Author)