Start by marking “The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)

Read Excerpt

The Private School Murders

(Confessions #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  12,177 ratings  ·  1,064 reviews
In the sequel to the #1 New York Times bestseller Confessions of a Murder Suspect, James Patterson keeps the confessions coming breathlessly as Tandy Angel delves deeper into her own tumultuous history-and proves that she can rise above the sordid Angel legacy.

Wealthy young women are being murdered on Manhattan's exclusive Upper West Side, and the police aren't looking fo
Published October 7th 2013 by jimmy patterson

To ask other readers questions about The Private School Murders, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Visual The discrepancy was explained on page 49. Tandy was having a conversation with Uncle Peter when this memory was brought up. The beach memory was the c…moreThe discrepancy was explained on page 49. Tandy was having a conversation with Uncle Peter when this memory was brought up. The beach memory was the correct one. (less)

·  12,177 ratings  ·  1,064 reviews

Start your review of The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)
Penny Naimsworth
Oct 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
I gave this book a one-star rating based on what goodreads defines as "one star." Simply put, I just didn't like the book.

Now here's why...

1) Tandy: Argh, I read the first book in this series a long time ago, so I don't know how I felt about her then, but I can tell you now that I. Just. Don't. Like. Her! She just comes off as a pretentious know-it-all. I hated the way that she constantly dissed the NYPD and kept saying that she had "super-sharp instincts." The worst part is that she actually so
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Oh dear everything that's holy, my heart hurts. It freaking hurts.

The Private School Murders kicks off three months after Confessions of A Murder Suspect, Matthew's still in jail pending trial on a charge, the mystery of James Rampling is fracturing, and we get to know him and oh my fictional guy. This is the part where I could gush and fangirl, but you know what? James Rampling deserves more, so I'm saying I wish this guy was real. So damn real.

Anyway, back to topic, where was I? Right...

The A
jv poore
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I simply love a good mystery. Whenever I pick up a book that falls into the Mystery category, I envision my own, personal game of Clue. I can’t wait to figure out who, what, when, where, why and how. I enjoy mysteries so much, in fact, that I am going to try to solve one as I write this review. Why, when Mr. Patterson won’t play with me, do I keep reading his books?

Although it puzzles me, I am a James Patterson fan. A few years ago, I found myself waiting somewhere without a book. In desperation
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
Court room!
Worst Part: Still lost.
Thoughts Had: what?!; yay!!; huh!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: eh

Short Review: Okay, this book was a bit better than book 1, mainly because hello court rooms scenes! I am *obsessed* with law & o
Bookworm007
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Maximum Ride, but still contain Patterson's signature attention-grabbing short chapters--which I like very much.

edit on Nov 4th, 2013

Ehh, my rating bends towards 3.5 stars.

I read the the 1st book at the beginning of this year and the only thing I remembered was Patterson's fast-paced attention-grabbing short chapters. The plot, mystery, and deduction wasn't at its best, but was still somewhat enjoyable. That being said, those were the only reasons I decided to read Confessions 2.
Veronica Morfi
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another mystery or four solved by Tandy Angel. Really loving this family in all its weirdness. Already ordered the two last(?) books in the series and cant wait to get to them :)
I love YA mysteries lately and this series is just perfect
JJ
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Way better than the first, but still kind of ridiculous. New guardian Jacob and the unfortunately nicknamed BFF C.P. are great additions to an otherwise bland cast of siblings (Hugo tries, but...), and the details surrounding the Tamara Gee murder were quite spooky. There were a lot of B-plots that just didn't work for me, though. The authors have this odd habit of introducing weird cases and then keeping the reader in the dark until suddenly leaping straight at the conclusion, which rather take ...more
Astrid Kinnunen
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
I'm sorry, but you know I have a hard time writing reviews for books I like. I can tell you everything I hated about a book, but it's hard to explain why I like a book. It's like, "this is a brick. I like this brick because of reasons. This brick gives me feelings that overwhelm me but I don't care because I like this brick."

Anyway, for those of you who are actually reading this, it's a great continuation. Tandy is still badass, I still want to marry Harry, and OMFG I FRIGGIN SHIP IT!
Sandra
The Private School Murders? It has a title now? And a release day too? Aaand a summary!?! Damn, I miss out a lot

Update: 7/15/13

Aaaand now it has a cover!?! Jeez, I'm out of it these days...
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this series!
Katelyn Brennan
Jan 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult, mystery, 2020
Magic Shop
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the first book/author.
Recommended to Magic Shop by: Goodreads.com, public library.
When I read the first book of the series, I thought it was pretty interesting and unique. So after reading the second book, I found it even better than the first book. In the first book there was the mystery of of who killed Tandy's parents. But here, there were multiple mysteries each which surprised me with the outcome. But it wasn't just solving mysteries, there was also a lot of love and romance whether it was between Tandy and her family or with memories of her first love. Overall, this boo ...more
Lanie
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
Loved. So far, this is my very favorite James Patterson series. Ok, so I haven't read many books by him. I'm sure I've barely made a dent in his massive list of works. But so far, I have definitely enjoyed "confessions" the most.

I almost cried.

Twice.

Like, literally tearing up from this book.

:D if that's not a sign of a good writer, I don't know what is. Both Patterson and the co-author do such an amazing job creating such a clear voice for the narrator. I definitely like how she talks directly
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Tandy may have gotten over her parent’s murder case, but now her brother Matthew is in prison for murdering his girlfriend, whilst another killer stalks central park and seems to be murdering private school students.
Who murdered Matthew’s girlfriend? And can Tandy find out before it’s too late?

After reading book 1 in this series, I wasn’t going to read book 2, but after reading the first few pages to discover it was the same characters, it bugged me that I had
Hannah
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patterson
Okay PLEASE tell me there's gonna be another one!! (I read that one too fast—it was too good to stop!)
As expected, James Patterson brought an exceptional book for me to indulge! There isn't a thing about it I don't love, and we'd be here all day to list what I did.
Bottom line, it was more than brilliant, and I need more!! (Especially after that ending!! Oh my God, I was SOOO happy!!!! More—at least one more! Please??)
♥Kel
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was such a page turner and i couldnt put it down, so excited for the next book. but theres still some unsolved mysteries. who killed their parents who killed the private school murders. like we still have unexplained mysteries and i was hoping we get to solve all three but i guess the suspense builds. and the ending was happy and ughhh, like there will definitely be a third book.
WatermeLoonie
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, mystery, amusing
'Twas epic!!!! I really loved this, definitely lived up to the standard of the first book, in my opinion, with all the mysteries. And I'm glad James got back with Tandy. That was sweet. I NEED THE THIRD BOOK. NOW IF YOU PLEASE.
carolina ☾
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I simply can't connect to this series. Something doesn't feel right, It might be the writing or the characters.
Monika
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good YA mystery with a plucky and determined MC in Tandy. I liked this addition a bit more than the first and I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
Ian S.
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Private School Murders by James Patterson was a good book overall. I chose it because I had read the first book a while back, and wanted to continue the story. The first left many questions, and I was happy to have them answered with this one.

There isn't much to summarize without spoiling the first book, but the now parentless Angel family has to survive mostly on its own. With big brother Matty in jail for murder, and multiple private school girls being murdered in the region, main characte
Gina Barbera
Tandy Angel, young and beautiful, is a fifteen year old private investigator who has a tough life. First, Tandy had to figure out the cause of her parents death. Second, figure out how to prove her brother is innocent of slaughtering his wife and unborn son. Matthew Angel, star football player in the NFL, was accused of slaughtering his wife Tamarra. Meanwhile, private school young woman are being assassinated left and right and the police are not looking in the right places. Tandy, with her exp ...more
Jasmine S.
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat. The story is about how Tandy is solving different mysteries. She is a great "detective", as a teenager, and she even beats the NYPD at their own game. With her great accomplishments, she was able to save private school girls from a serial killer, her brother from being accused of murder, and neighbors whose lives were threatened by exotic creatures. There were multiple mysteries that had some surprising outcomes and explanations. However, I don't lik ...more
Kailey Carleton
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This mysterious and captivating story is about a young girl living in New York who tries to solve the murders of a bunch of private school kids well also fitting the description of the kids getting murdered. Trying to find herself and remove herself from her family’s horrid legacy. Tandy Angel has a lot figure out. I thought this was a great book and author James Patterson is an amazing writer. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery.
Sheila Burke
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a really good book, and tied up almost all the loose ends from the first book. I believe I enjoyed this book more than the first. Well-written, well-paced, and original, the story kept my attention and kept me guessing whodunit right up until the reveal. Definitely worth the time to read. I've already started reading the next book, "The Paris Mysteries" (Confessions #3).
Sail ♛ A Wicked Reader
What I really enjoyed about this book was that there were essentially 3 different crimes going on all at once, so there was a heck of a lot of mysteriousness to detective your way through. Tandy's older brother Matthew was on trial for the murder of his girlfriend and unborn child, even though there was no evidence. Young girls who attended high-dollar private schools were being murdered. And then there were deadly poisonous animals crawling their way all through the Dakota, the fancy building t ...more
Ivy
5 stars

Glad to see that the Angel kids are doing okay. Also glad that they got to meet their uncle Jacob. Good that Matthew was innocent. Sad that they lost their residence in the Dakota. Seems like Tandy is becoming quite the detective. Hope they do well in Paris.

Can't wait to read Confessions #3: The Paris Mysteries!!!!
Aleena Kallan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book because it had an element of mystery but also romance entwined together which kept things interesting. There are many problems that are solved with cliffhangers and plot twists that I really enjoyed. I would recommend this book to others because of the mystery and action that always keeps me on edge.
Maria Mitchell
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not crazy about the narrator, but liked the story.
Rachel
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first.
Brock Preston
It was a really good book and I hope that there is even more in this great series

• Private Down Under: by James Patterson & Michael White | Summary & Analysis
  • The Lunar Chronicles Boxed Set: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter
  • Beverly Hills Dead (Rick Barron, #2)
  • The Snow Sister
  • They Called Me Leni
  • Help Yourself: Finding Hope, Courage, and Happiness
  • Body Language: The Ultimate Self Help Guide on How To Analyze People And Learn Negotiation, Persuasion Skills For Dating And Influence People In Business
  • Dare
  • Defenseless
  • Odins Labyrint - et glasbarns fortællinger
  • Thuleselskabet
  • Dark Psychology 101: Learn The Secrets Of Covert Emotional Manipulation, Dark Persuasion, Undetected Mind Control, Mind Games, Deception, Hypnotism, Brainwashing And Other Tricks Of The Trade
  • The Horrendous Heap (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-12)
  • Silver Phoenix (Kingdom of Xia, #1)
  • 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die
  • When My Love Returns from the Ladies Room, Will I Be Too Old To Care? (MM to TR Promotion)
  • Le Mondain
  • Black, White, Other: In Search of Nina Armstrong
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Confessions (4 books)
  • Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)
  • The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3)
  • The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4)