Cheryl struggles to catch up

Wasn't there a movie of this? Maybe a made-for-tv movie, maybe back in late 60s? Oh, never mind, found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWcClUqgq0 Ok, so my question really is - if you've read the book and watched the movie, how similar are they? Which do you like better?

To answer questions about The Littlest Angel, please sign up.
Tonee There's a live-action movie starring Fred Gwynne who played Herman Munster in the Munsters & Johnny Whitaker from Family Affair. There's also 3 animated movies too.
Deborah Lee Yes. A made for TV play starring Johnny Whitaker (Jodie from Family Affair). It was done in the late 60s I believe. I went to a store last year and it was for sale as a DVD. I will be honest and say I have not watched it yet so I can't commit to the quality of it, but the actual story from the book is so beautiful. I used to read it to my children at Christmas time and I have never made it through without crying!!
Deb Walsh I must have had the original hardback book, oh if only I still did. Someone asked me my favorite Christmas book and this was it. ♥ I would have been around 5. Happy memory. Saw the movie, way back then, but the book is my happy thought.
Image for The Littlest Angel