Ann Mocchi
Ann Mocchi asked Isabel Allende:

In the last 5 years, I've made 3 trips to Chile--I swoon just thinking about that country, and I want to learn as much as possible about it from tip to tip. Do you ever go back? What do you love/hate/miss about it? Do you have any opinions on the Museo de la Memoria? Where can I read your interview with Pablo Neruda? What is one thing that I shouldn't miss on my next trip there?

Isabel Allende I am so glad that you like Chile! It is a hospitable place; most foreigners return. One tip: don’t go in winter (June, July, August). I wrote a memoir about Chile called My Invented Country that you might enjoy. You will find in those pages a few tips about the country and about us, crazy Chileans.
I never interviewed Neruda. I tried but he wouldn’t let me. He said I was the worst journalist in Chile, I could not be objective and I made up stories. He suggested that I switch to literature, where all those defects are virtues. 

Isabel Allende