Dawn
Dawn asked Kristin Hannah:

Hello Kristin! I have loved reading all your books. I read Winter Garden first (I stumbled on it at the library) and have since read them all. I know that when I start one of your books I won't be able to put it down! Do you take a break between books? How long does it normally take to write a book? Does it take a long time to be released once you're finished? Can't wait to read your new book! Dawn

Kristin Hannah Hi Dawn--

I am so glad you stumbled across my book in the library. I must say that Winter Garden remains one of my favorite novels to date. I am so glad that you can't put them down once you start. :) I try really hard in the editing stage to make that true (believe me, the first five or six drafts are booooring). I go with the old Elmore Leonard quote--I try to cut out all the parts that a reader skips anyway.
It normally takes me fourteen months to write a book. The exceptions to that--On Mystic Lake, Firefly Lane, and the new book--took two years each.
I finished the latest book for the first time in January, edited it with my editor's help until May, finally finished it, and it will be out in January of next year. It's a long wait!
Kristin Hannah