Jeff VanderMeer
Jeff VanderMeer asked Arianna Huffington:

I know you embrace new technology. But do you have a treasured physical book in your library that has some personal meaning to you?

Arianna Huffington I love Marcus Aurelius's Meditations. He was an emperor with almost unlimited power to control his world and circumstances, who nevertheless had a deep understanding that happiness and peace do not lie in the outside world. Each night he recorded his meditations, one of which I've laminated and keep in my wallet: "Everything contains some special purpose and a hidden blessing; what then could be strange or arduous when all of life is here to greet you like an old and faithful friend?"

And, though I've built The Huffington Post, I am still partial to physical books that you can hold in your hand. In fact, I only have real books by my bed. No Kindle. No iPad. Nothing.