Goodreads asked Niki Green:

Niki Green I'm dealing with it right now and have been dealing with it for awhile. I don't think that every writer has the same issue when it comes to 'writer's block'. The block can be because of several issues and what I have learned and am still learning to do is put that 'issue' on shelf 'B' and concentrate of shelf 'A'. I tend to get ahead of myself and when I do that i can't concentrate on my 'A' shelf.

I do a lot of 'free writing'. I have a bright, yellow legal pad and a blue pen and I write words. I write sentences, thoughts, half thoughts, maybe's and what if's. I have found that when I do this my imagination comes out to play. I don't have a muse or anything like that...I just have an artists twirling mind that has to be reminded to behave and get the words out of my head and onto a piece of paper.

I hope this helps:-)