Goodreads asked Niki Green:

Niki Green When I was a little girl, my mother enrolled me into a performing arts studio. I took tap dancing, gymnastics and drama. I found that I could act like I could tap dance and I could act like a gymnast when I really wasn't that good at either one. But, I could act...and I did it pretty well.

I loved drama. I loved plays. I loved pretending to be another person. Sometimes, it's easier to be another person, if only for a little while.

When I got out of school and became an 'adult' there wasn't much time for being someone else. My bills didn't get paid by the little girl who visited Candyland with the Nutcracker and Faye McFaye from Faith County didn't put gas in my car, but the images were still in my head.

I would see 'trailers' in my head of people and what they were doing or what they were saying. I was a warrior. I was a Queen. I was a girl in love with the bad boy who never looked my way until 'that' day. When my head got 'full' I started to write...more like scribble...their stories down. I have 30 + journals and/or notebooks.

I was inspired because I wanted to turn all that pretend into something real. I wanted to pretend to be someone else for just a little while. Now, I can be. I get to take all these images and all these thoughts and turn them into someone's story.